HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs fans revolt

Old
02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Habs fans revolt

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/se...rtsHockey/home

"Don't they understand what this is doing to us? I'm embarrassed to leave the house," wailed a caller named Stephane,

"Gutless bunch," grumbled a fan

"I'm going to go and cry," wrote another

La Presse dedicated five pages of Canadiens coverage that levelled fingers of blame at general manager Bob Gainey, slumping star Alexei Kovalev ("Play or Leave," a headline read) and goaltender Carey Price.

Jacques Demers called for "shock treatment" because "too many players are comfortable with losing."

"This not an ordinary losing streak. This is a club with no leaders, no character, offensive problems, defensive problems, and no toughness," Bergeron said.
"It's not a good situation."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
The team sure sucks right now, but god damn we're a bunch of whinies.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whatever makes news these days, I guess.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Whatever makes news these days, I guess.
hopefully Vincent Lecavalier doesnt read La Presse

--------------------------------------------
La Presse dedicated five pages of Canadiens coverage that levelled fingers of blame at general manager Bob Gainey, slumping star Alexei Kovalev ("Play or Leave," a headline read) and goaltender Carey Price.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Inked87

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
hopefully Vincent Lecavalier doesnt read La Presse

--------------------------------------------
Oops!!

Inked87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:43 PM
mabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

"This not an ordinary losing streak. This is a club with no leaders, no character, offensive problems, defensive problems, and no toughness," Bergeron said.
"It's not a good situation."
That's a very apt statement. The fact is, Koivu was never the leader on this team in the dressing room. Player after player comments about how Koivu never says anything in the dressing room.

The leaders on this team were players like Souray and Rivet who would grab people by the throat in the dressing room and demand they play their best. The very same people many fans were thrilled to see run out of town.

What this team lacks right now is those kinds of players, role players, leaders in the dressing room, vocal leaders.

Kovalev is that kind of leader, so is Komisarek, but other than those two i'm not sure we have anyone else left to handle the role. Laracque is that kind of leader but he's too new to really step into that role. This team needs more hard nosed hard edged guys who will shake things up.

mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
mabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
I don't think so, we've lost 9 of 11 games (not counting last night, which frankly we DESERVED to lose). I think the whining is entirely appropriate here.

mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabus View Post
I don't think so, we've lost 9 of 11 games (not counting last night, which frankly we DESERVED to lose). I think the whining is entirely appropriate here.
Personnaly i have never enjoyed any whining either in sports or any other field.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
That's a very apt statement. The fact is, Koivu was never the leader on this team in the dressing room. Player after player comments about how Koivu never says anything in the dressing room.

The leaders on this team were players like Souray and Rivet who would grab people by the throat in the dressing room and demand they play their best. The very same people many fans were thrilled to see run out of town.

What this team lacks right now is those kinds of players, role players, leaders in the dressing room, vocal leaders.

Kovalev is that kind of leader, so is Komisarek, but other than those two i'm not sure we have anyone else left to handle the role. Laracque is that kind of leader but he's too new to really step into that role. This team needs more hard nosed hard edged guys who will shake things up.
Well if you watched the game last night there was a particular shift Kovy lost the puck 2 times in the offensive and both times Saku retrived the puck with his hustle and 2nd effort. You are not in the locker room and you don't know what's going on in there but if you look at what's going on the ice it's crystal clear who the leaders of this team are.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 07:04 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Well if you watched the game last night there was a particular shift Kovy lost the puck 2 times in the offensive and both times Saku retrived the puck with his hustle and 2nd effort. You are not in the locker room and you don't know what's going on in there but if you look at what's going on the ice it's crystal clear who the leaders of this team are.
Exactly.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
We're fans, we're supposed to support our team. What did we do when we lost against the Ŀeafs? We booed em out. I'm sure it's gonna help the team's confidence eh!

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
habs1967

its a long season..you got ups and downs..gainey will adress this problem..were still in 4th place in the conference.

habs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1967 View Post
its a long season..you got ups and downs..gainey will adress this problem..were still in 4th place in the conference.
5th.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:16 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
5th.
Bah it seems to change every day.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
haha whiners find excuse to whine

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:

Cause you know whats going on in the dressing room....who are you? Youppi?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
Cause you know whats going on in the dressing room....who are you? Youppi?
He's one of the hundred frekin insiders that are infesting our board lately.
Loose lipped ****ers

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Wow it's stuff like this that makes me so happy I don't live anywhere near Montreal. The media is insane, "LaPresse 5 pages devoted to pointing the finger at habs players" do any of these rags know how to support a team? Were all tired of the losing streak but this just gets ridiculous.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:

George Laraque and "hard nosed, hard edged guys" should never be put in the same sentence.... he is anything but.... hell, he's not even intimidating any more. I'm so disappointed in this guy .... words can't describe.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:57 AM
3TB3*

they were saying the nearly the same things after the game last night on the pittsburgh telecast about the penguins.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 08:58 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
AMEN

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Iwishihadacup

hey guys, want some cheese with your whine?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Mind you...the team been in trouble long before Lang's and Latendresse's injury. Remember at the start of the year when Lapierre was on a scoring binge...well the Habs were winning on secondary scoring alone.

Even with the injuries, this team can on paper - because they should but they don't - survive the deep cuts it has had this season. Our depth is the fabric of our strength. But I'm afraid to say that no one has stepped up.

And knowing that Koivu is ineffective in the second half of the season (playoffs are something else), a lifeless Kovalev (if only RedBull could give him last seasons wings) and Tanguay searching his groove (his return will bring him a lot of pressure that will make or brake a long term signing in MTL), the K-bros, the plekanec's and the Higgins' of this team are only showing that we may have hyped their stock value.

Besides the losing, this is what makes a Hab's fan disgruntle. We put so much hope, so much of ourselves in our roster that when they underperforme, it's our own failure that we feel. That's hockey in the province of Québec.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I still have faith in the team. Although I do not believe the current roster can win the cup, but I do not think we are far off.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
...., the K-bros, the plekanec's and the Higgins' of this team are only showing that we may have hyped their stock value....
no ****

The question is how some of these average players were able to produce that much last season.

Who else are we hyping?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote