HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When we Have to Trade

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Dgrohl8

vCash: 500
When we Have to Trade

Once we get to the point where Blackburn or Montoya have to be traded and i believe it is a toss up right now because if Blackburn turns out to be amazing like i think he will then we will trade Montoya but what is everyones take on what we can get for Blackburn or Montoya once we trade one

Old
08-16-2004, 04:14 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
Once we get to the point where Blackburn or Montoya have to be traded and i believe it is a toss up right now because if Blackburn turns out to be amazing like i think he will then we will trade Montoya but what is everyones take on what we can get for Blackburn or Montoya once we trade one
#1. All depends on how they develop.

#2. Very little until they're proven at the NHL level.

#3. Less than you would expect, as the goalie market is very dry.

Old
08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
#3. Less than you would expect, as the goalie market is very dry.
Then we keep 'em until we get a deal we like. Neither one would be traded for a LONG time if either is traded at all. Furthermore, in a few years goalies may very much be in demand again.

Old
08-16-2004, 04:26 PM
homerneedsdonut

vCash:
A good situation would be to have Montoya and Blackburn playing at a high level on our big club. Then we could demand a ton. Best case scenario would be for Lundqvist to come over and show a lot and get a team to bite.

I think Blackburn will be the best of the bunch myself. He had some technical flaws like going down to early on shooters. I hope our new goalie coach can fix that.

Old
08-16-2004, 05:22 PM
JJ68NYR

You know if we didnt have Lundqvist then this wouldnt be a problem we could keep the two BUT since we have Lundqvist one of the other two has to go. Lundqvist cant be traded because he is just way too good in my mind. The guy is 22 and he played great in Prague with some of the best players in the world.

Old
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
gkrangers

Montoya is the crown jewel of the organization now..the Rangers won't unload him unless he is deemed absolutely terrible.

Old
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

lets hope we have this problem

Old
08-16-2004, 05:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
You know if we didnt have Lundqvist then this wouldnt be a problem we could keep the two BUT since we have Lundqvist one of the other two has to go. Lundqvist cant be traded because he is just way too good in my mind. The guy is 22 and he played great in Prague with some of the best players in the world.

What problem are you referring to?

Old
08-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner

Old
08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
This is definitely an issue... but I don't think we need to worry about it for at least 2 more years. With newly drafted kids, all you can really see is their capacity... people try to predict ceilings, but it's to soon to guess right now.

Blackburn has played in the NHL, and he struggled... maybe he's ready now, I don't know. Than you have to factor Lundqvist and even LaBarbera into this. Lundqvist can't be more than 3 years away from the NHL, and LaBarbera could become the next Roloson.

We'll definitely have to ship at least one of them off... Say it's Blackburn. Then in 5 years we'd have Montoya and Lundqvist, whom I think might get a good start as back-up... BUT, then there's Holt who is projected to be a good back-up. And LaBarbera will still be a question-mark, most likely.

So, it'll definitely become an issue, and it will 'cause a lot of headaches...

Old
08-16-2004, 07:43 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I guess you're figuring if we have a surplus of great goaltenders, we have a great trading source. I agree... is trhat what you mean?

BUT, the big problem, IMO, is finding which guy would be best to move. That's going to be a hard decision. For example, we could hold Montoya and deal Blackburn. Then what if Montoya flops and Blackburn wins the Vezina in '08?

It's too early to decide whether we'd be better off giving away one over the other three. Now, I don't think we should ever trade LaBarbera, 'cause he just won't yield a high return, and at the same time he might explode onto the scene. He was the best goalie in the AHL last year, so I have a lot of patience as far as he goes.

I just hope we don't get a goalie next draft... it's not gonna be a strong year for goalies. I have Guillaume Latendresse, Vitaly Anikeenko, Jakub Kindl and Andrew Cogliano on my radar already... Latendresse has Todd Bertuzzi-potential, Coglianois amazing, and Anikeenko is considered tha best d-man to come out of Russia in 10-15 years. Then Kindl is an insanely talented Czech d-man... '05 is a draft where you really can't go wrong, and I'd say it's go be much stronger than '03.

Old
08-17-2004, 09:54 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't even think about who we should trade and what we could get.

I'd be elated if just one of the three becomes a top 5 goalie in the future, one becomes a more than reliable back-up for us and the third has some trade value.

Old
08-17-2004, 09:59 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't even think about who we should trade and what we could get.

I'd be elated if just one of the three becomes a top 5 goalie in the future, one becomes a more than reliable back-up for us and the third has some trade value.
I agree. The rangers dont need to trade any of these great goalies. I wouldnt mind if 1 of them became a top 5 goalie and the other are busts.

Best case scnario is the other 2 goalies can be trade for 2nd round picks or something.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
IBest case scnario is the other 2 goalies can be trade for 2nd round picks or something.
Even though Montoya and Blackburn were each high first round picks? Lundqvist is a 7th round pick, but there's no doubt in my mind that he will play in the NHL... Montoya is a little less predictable, but already an NHL candidate... and Blackburn will definitely play in the NHL.

We're talking franchise goalies here...; 2nd round picks are not nearly a good tradeoff for any of these players.

Old
08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
In my opinion there is no problem right now. I think we will have alot of fun watching how this turns out. Realy we have a couple of years to see how it turns out. No problem and no worries just fun.

Closed Thread