HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles Thrashers

Old
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble following this. Could you go a little slower?
Atlanta sends its #2 overall pick, its 3rd-round pick in 2009, its 3rd round pick in 2010 and gives the Islanders the right to swap 1st-round picks with Atlanta in 2010, and the Islanders send their #1 overall pick and a 2nd in 2010.

Or ....

ATL's #2 overall and 3rd in 2009 for NYI #1 overall
ATL's 3rd in 2010 for NYI 2nd in 2010 [and NYI gets right to swap 1st's in 2010]

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Ottoman91

I will just take Hedman with the #1 pick and forget about trading picks Unless Snow wants to trade down to #9.....Then I will Have to hurt someone

Ottoman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman91 View Post
I will just take Hedman with the #1 pick and forget about trading picks Unless Snow wants to trade down to #9.....Then I will Have to hurt someone
So you don't think a high second rounder worth moving down 1 spot?(which we most likely would get Hedman there)

I actually think the best thing that could happen to the Islanders is they pick #2 after the draft lottery and end up with Hedman, that way there is no second guessing.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Atlanta doesn't do this.

If they end up with Hedman and Bogosian, they're loving life.

If they end up with Tavares and Bogosian, they're loving life.

Either way, if they keep Kovalchuk and keep building and building (and somehow have the guts to fire John Anderson and replace him with Cunneyworth) they'll be in great shape.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

thrashers would rather the two amazing young D's than one superstar center. assuming they become what they have the potential to be of couse.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Campoli? No thanks. Make it Okposo and you've got decent value, but still not enough.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Campoli? No thanks. Make it Okposo and you've got decent value, but still not enough.

So, you don't think that Okposo and Taveres is not enough for Hedman and Bogosian?

Sorry, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Taveres > Hedman.
Okposo > Bogosian (although I admit this is debatable).

02-13-2009, 09:44 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Atlanta doesn't do this.

If they end up with Hedman and Bogosian, they're loving life.

If they end up with Tavares and Bogosian, they're loving life.

Either way, if they keep Kovalchuk and keep building and building (and somehow have the guts to fire John Anderson and replace him with Cunneyworth) they'll be in great shape.

Maybe some of the Thrasher fans can help me out here.
I thought Atlanta had been trying to get Kovalchuk to sign an extension,but that he wants to play for a playoff team and has refused?

He's a ufa July,2010.

If the Thrashers don't think they can keep Kovachuk past next season,then drafting Tavares may be their plan B.They've already got Bogo to build their defense around.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 03:46 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Maybe some of the Thrasher fans can help me out here.
I thought Atlanta had been trying to get Kovalchuk to sign an extension,but that he wants to play for a playoff team and has refused?

He's a ufa July,2010.

If the Thrashers don't think they can keep Kovachuk past next season,then drafting Tavares may be their plan B.They've already got Bogo to build their defense around.
You answered your own question. We are not able to even begin contract extension talks until July 1st 2009 per the CBA.

blankspace6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 03:57 AM
ArVeeDee

I have faith that we'll keep Kovalchuk, if only because he doesn't want to move his family.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 04:05 AM
bones21212

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankspace6 View Post
We are not able to even begin contract extension talks until July 1st 2009 per the CBA.
yes they can buddy. they just cant "sign" the deal until the first.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 04:07 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones21212 View Post
yes they can buddy. they just cant "sign" the deal until the first.

blankspace6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankspace6 View Post
You answered your own question. We are not able to even begin contract extension talks until July 1st 2009 per the CBA.
I didn't realize that.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
So, you don't think that Okposo and Taveres is not enough for Hedman and Bogosian?

Sorry, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Taveres > Hedman.
Okposo > Bogosian (although I admit this is debatable).

Okposo is NOT better than Bogosian. Tavares being better than Hedman is debatable.

This is actually mostly likely an unfair trade for Atlanta. A player with first line potential, and a franchise center for two franchise defensemen.

Old
02-14-2009, 02:15 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
Quote:

Okposo is NOT better than Bogosian. Tavares being better than Hedman is debatable.

This is actually mostly likely an unfair trade for Atlanta. A player with first line potential, and a franchise center for two franchise defensemen.
Okposo most certainly is better than Bogosian at this point in time.

macleod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

No offense, but you come across as quite ignorant.

Okposo and Bogosian is very debateable, but having watched both fairly closely (obviously, Okposo moreso), I'm reasonably confident Okposo will be the better player. I didn't think this would be the case, but he has become to show that sort of elite goal scoring capacity that marks him as a future 40 goal guy.

I'm not sure which one I'd take first because it is an apples-and-oranges comparison. Also, Bogosian is earlier in his development at a position that is much harder to learn. So, right now, I'd call it a toss-up.

Since virtually every scout in hockey rates Taveres above Hedman right now, I think that throws the other part of your post right out the window.

While I will admit that this deal is closer to fair than anything that has been proposed here, it still favors Atlanta by a substantial margin.

Your post was really, really weak. Homerism at its finest...

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Okposo most certainly is better than Bogosian at this point in time.
I wouldn't necessarily agree. As I said earlier, Bogosian is a year or two younger, and breaking in at a much harder position to learn. Right now, I'd say they are both impressive kids. I wouldn't be surprised if Okposo had a bigger impact earlier on within his own role. However, Bogosian should still be a stud.

I'd say it is a toss-up at the present time. At the very least, I'd say there has not been enough time to make a comparison that would have been difficult under the best of circumstances.

Old
02-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
I have faith that we'll keep Kovalchuk, if only because he doesn't want to move his family.

I suspect he will resign with Atlanta too. He seems to be a great fit for the city.

Old
02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
No offense, but you come across as quite ignorant.

Okposo and Bogosian is very debateable, but having watched both fairly closely (obviously, Okposo moreso), I'm reasonably confident Okposo will be the better player. I didn't think this would be the case, but he has become to show that sort of elite goal scoring capacity that marks him as a future 40 goal guy.

I'm not sure which one I'd take first because it is an apples-and-oranges comparison. Also, Bogosian is earlier in his development at a position that is much harder to learn. So, right now, I'd call it a toss-up.

Since virtually every scout in hockey rates Taveres above Hedman right now, I think that throws the other part of your post right out the window.

While I will admit that this deal is closer to fair than anything that has been proposed here, it still favors Atlanta by a substantial margin.

Your post was really, really weak. Homerism at its finest...
Not homerism in the least. You cannot throw out that label for something having to do with two players who do not yet play for NHL teams. Hedman and Tavares are easily switched around based on the needs of the teams drafting them. For example, if Tampa were to draft first, there's a pretty good chance that they'd take Hedman. For Atlanta and New York, while both teams could use Tavares more, neither would complain if they got Hedman. They're two terrible teams in desperate need of a franchise player (Although Atlanta already has two of those), and Tavares and Hedman will both be franchise players.

On the Bogosian/Okposo thing, Bogosian is projected as a franchise defenseman. There's the big thing: FRANCHISE defenseman. Okposo is projected as a high quality first liner. Bogosian is tough, extremely solid defensively for an 18 year old, and has a ton of offensive potential. Right now, Doughty's getting all the hype, but in the end, a lot of people suspect that Bogosian will be the better player (IMO, they'll be equal players, with Doughty being better offensively, and Bogosian being better defensively).

Old
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not homerism in the least. You cannot throw out that label for something having to do with two players who do not yet play for NHL teams. Hedman and Tavares are easily switched around based on the needs of the teams drafting them. For example, if Tampa were to draft first, there's a pretty good chance that they'd take Hedman. For Atlanta and New York, while both teams could use Tavares more, neither would complain if they got Hedman. They're two terrible teams in desperate need of a franchise player (Although Atlanta already has two of those), and Tavares and Hedman will both be franchise players.

On the Bogosian/Okposo thing, Bogosian is projected as a franchise defenseman. There's the big thing: FRANCHISE defenseman. Okposo is projected as a high quality first liner. Bogosian is tough, extremely solid defensively for an 18 year old, and has a ton of offensive potential. Right now, Doughty's getting all the hype, but in the end, a lot of people suspect that Bogosian will be the better player (IMO, they'll be equal players, with Doughty being better offensively, and Bogosian being better defensively).
I love this reasoning. Despite the fact that Okposo has shown a whole lot more than Bogosian at this point in time, Bogosian is the more valuable asset becasue you personally PROJECT him to be better over the longterm.

However, the fact that every scout in hockey PROJECTS Tavares to be a far higher impact player than Hedman is irrelevant.

As I said, you're unmitigated homer. You twist everything to suit your slant on things.

Oh, and having watched Daughtery and Bogosian, I think you are seriously deluded if you think Bogosian will ever have that kind of impact. Neither Kyle Okposo nor Zach Bogosian are going to come close to that level.

Old
02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
I love this reasoning. Despite the fact that Okposo has shown a whole lot more than Bogosian at this point in time, Bogosian is the more valuable asset becasue you personally PROJECT him to be better over the longterm.

However, the fact that every scout in hockey PROJECTS Tavares to be a far higher impact player than Hedman is irrelevant.

As I said, you're unmitigated homer. You twist everything to suit your slant on things.

Oh, and having watched Daughtery and Bogosian, I think you are seriously deluded if you think Bogosian will ever have that kind of impact. Neither Kyle Okposo nor Zach Bogosian are going to come close to that level.
Who the hell is Daughtery? Isn't he a singer?

You obviously cannot accept that you're wrong.

Bogosian >> Okposo. It's as simple as that. Even with his injury, Bogosian has played better than Okposo.

Old
02-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Who the hell is Daughtery? Isn't he a singer?

You obviously cannot accept that you're wrong.

Bogosian >> Okposo. It's as simple as that. Even with his injury, Bogosian has played better than Okposo.
Right. And, that's how it because you said so.

You have no support at all for your argument. Its just pure homerism...