HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Columbus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
  #51
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
This is probably a new concept for you so i'll try and make it as easy as possible.

He could resign with the team he gets traded to
This is probably a new concept for you so i'll try and make it as easy as possible.


His contract is only through June 30th. He is then free to sign with anyone. Trading for him now guarantees NOTHING beyond the next 3 months.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  #52
All_blueandwhite
Registered User
 
All_blueandwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
lol the majority of those deals were terrbile! Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Antropov or think he has no value to some teams, in my personal opinion he is just not worth a first. Maybe his value will be slightly inflated by the trade deadline frenzy, but in all honesty I don't see how anyone can think he is worth a first. This is a very deep draft and I think teams will be reluctant to deal a first round pick. If you look at those deals, there is no way you can agree with them and say a guy like Zubrus was worthy of a first, so I don't see how you can make claims that I'm way off base in saying Antropov is not worth a first. I'm a Leafs fan obviously, and I know I would be satisfied if the return for Antropov was a 2nd round pick. He isn't going to be with us next year regardless, and anything like a 2nd round pick (which is valuable) would be a good move in my opinion.
The fact still remains that history shows teams have given up a 1st or a 2nd and good prospect for a player on Antropov's calibre, and no one will be able to determine for sure until he does get dealt, so let's leave it at that

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
  #53
All_blueandwhite
Registered User
 
All_blueandwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
This is probably a new concept for you so i'll try and make it as easy as possible.


His contract is only through June 30th. He is then free to sign with anyone. Trading for him now guarantees NOTHING beyond the next 3 months.







Like i said before, it's not illegal or impossible that teams negoiate terms of a contract with the player as part of the deal.

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
  #54
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
lol keep dreaming than. People who think Antropov is worth a 1st OR a 2nd and a decent prospect are overrating him terribly. That's almost as bad as Boston homers saying Wideman is better than Kaberle. I've seen Antropov play for years, for 3 months of Nik Antropov, NO team is going to give up a 1st or a 2nd and a prospect. If the Leafs don't want to deal him for a 2nd, than they'll keep him and get nothing for him. I'm sure Brian Burke would love to trade Antropov for a 2nd.
We all know your point of view, as you have mentionmed it many times. Maybe now we can agree to disagree, and you will let it go and we won't have to keep having the same discussion. If you think Leaf fans are wrong, fair enough, but did you have to start a thread just to start an arguement/discussion.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
  #55
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
We all know your point of view, as you have mentionmed it many times. Maybe now we can agree to disagree, and you will let it go and we won't have to keep having the same discussion. If you think Leaf fans are wrong, fair enough, but did you have to start a thread just to start an arguement/discussion.
As a Leaf fan myself, I thought this deal was very fair and I didn't tell other Leaf fans to come in here and argue that Antropov is worth more than a 2nd. But we can agree to disagree and see what happens on the deadline. I wouldn't be completely surprised if he got more than what I think he is worth, I was just making a proposal to Columbus fans, and I'm pretty sure they would make this deal.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
  #56
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post







Like i said before, it's not illegal or impossible that teams negoiate terms of a contract with the player as part of the deal.

Yes and unless Burke does a sign and trade, then it's not a part of any Antropov deal done this season. There is more to this though. I follow both teams. Antropov is a true wing not a center. Columbus doesn't need wings.Columbus needs a REAL top 6 CENTRE.

I rest on the opinion of most analysts, especially the Toronto based ones, Burke will be lucky to get anything more than a 2nd round pick for him. We'll know in 17 days.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
  #57
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Problem is on this board that everyone is so high on draft picks and prospects, saying this draft is very deep, so was last one, many have been deep and many will be, i don't think any team will get their entire future out of this draft. I agree with you Falcons93 that those deals were bad, but the return wasn't much either. What a 1st round pick, prospect, another pick, conditional pick, we see 3 assets and we think it's the fortune. Most players drafted from those 1st round picks will 90% never bee 1st liners or 2nd pairing defencman. It seems many when you see many assets, but they aren't worth much. Remember its prospects and draft picks for proven NHL players. And while i again agree that those deals were bad and very much off the value (though its easy now to judge the trades made in deadline rush), but with GMs looking to make at least something happen they won't hesitate to trade some crappy 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 4th liner or a 6th, 7th defencman just to get fans more excited, just to do something. They will overpay, and GMs will be offering more and more with less minutes to go to deadline. Tell me what is a 1st round pick and a prospect for a team that is about to make the playoffs for first time in a long time, "ex-"rebuilding teams have enough prospects, they drafted long enough, they won't miss a pick or two in a draft, or a prospect for that matter.

sry for this wall of text

suprvilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:00 PM
  #58
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
As a Leaf fan myself, I thought this deal was very fair and I didn't tell other Leaf fans to come in here and argue that Antropov is worth more than a 2nd. But we can agree to disagree and see what happens on the deadline. I wouldn't be completely surprised if he got more than what I think he is worth, I was just making a proposal to Columbus fans, and I'm pretty sure they would make this deal.
What he gets dealt for is his value.

Antropov is a bit Jeckyl and Hyde in that he always goes through goal spurts and goalless droughts. However, even during his droughts, he is still a pretty good player and not really a dtriment to the team. He would be a good playoff rental as he can do so many things, even if he is not relied upon to score. He can play PP, SH, 5on 5, 1st line, 3rd line you name it, and you only need $400 00 or so in cap room.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:01 PM
  #59
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Problem is on this board that everyone is so high on draft picks and prospects, saying this draft is very deep, so was last one, many have been deep and many will be, i don't think any team will get their entire future out of this draft. I agree with you Falcons93 that those deals were bad, but the return wasn't much either. What a 1st round pick, prospect, another pick, conditional pick, we see 3 assets and we think it's the fortune. Most players drafted from those 1st round picks will 90% never bee 1st liners or 2nd pairing defencman. It seems many when you see many assets, but they aren't worth much. Remember its prospects and draft picks for proven NHL players. And while i again agree that those deals were bad and very much off the value (though its easy now to judge the trades made in deadline rush), but with GMs looking to make at least something happen they won't hesitate to trade some crappy 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 4th liner or a 6th, 7th defencman just to get fans more excited, just to do something. They will overpay, and GMs will be offering more and more with less minutes to go to deadline. Tell me what is a 1st round pick and a prospect for a team that is about to make the playoffs for first time in a long time, "ex-"rebuilding teams have enough prospects, they drafted long enough, they won't miss a pick or two in a draft, or a prospect for that matter.

sry for this wall of text
Then separate it with paragraphs. Nobody is going to read through that.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
  #60
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Then separate it with paragraphs. Nobody is going to read through that.
I read it.

The post that included 1927's analysis should have ended this thread. It really doesn't matter what people think Antropov's value is... the best way we can judge what he'll get at the deadline is by looking at the past. The past tells us that Antropov is going to bring more than a mere 2nd round pick. Burke isn't in the business of giving players away.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
  #61
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
I read it.


Quote:
The post that included 1927's analysis should have ended this thread. It really doesn't matter what people think Antropov's value is... the best way we can judge what he'll get at the deadline is by looking at the past. The past tells us that Antropov is going to bring more than a mere 2nd round pick. Burke isn't in the business of giving players away.
Not sure why you are addressing this to me. I have already stated that I think he will get more than a 2nd rounder for Antropov.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:17 PM
  #62
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post




Not sure why you are addressing this to me. I have already stated that I think he will get more than a 2nd rounder for Antropov.
Oh, my bad I should have made the post more clear. I wasn't addressing the Antropov talk to you. Only the "I read it" was addressed to you (which I only included because I thought it was a hilarious joke).

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:17 PM
  #63
Madic
Registered User
 
Madic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Antropov has never hit 60 points in his career.
Mis-read. Once again as in after his slump, as he was earlier this year. It seems as soon as he hit the slump (and now has broken it somewhat impressively) media/fans are on about how he won't get a 1st.

I won't go back through all those posts, but a general though, what makes this year special? He's proven he can put up points/goals without Mats Sundin. He's proven he can do it more than once. He's proven he can stay healthy. Any other obvious points needed to be pointed out?

As far as this years draft "teeming with talent", it was the same last year. It was the same before that. Every year, even with a weaker top 10, everyone here shouts about how deep the draft is...it's no different than it was last year, and next year is looking even better. He will get a late 1st, or he will get a 2nd and a decent prospect. 25+ goal scorers, 55+ point getters who can play PP/PK don't go for 2nd rounders. Hal Gill got a 2nd and a 5th. I guess we'll see come deadline, won't we.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.