HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Struggling Drury takes blame for Rangers' woes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2009, 08:59 PM
  #51
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Give the C to Callahan already.

Brown, Crosby, Richards are all his age and have the C.

At the very least he should have the A over Naslund and Gomez. It shouldn't be about age when handing out letters.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 08:59 PM
  #52
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I like how you singled out one aspect in that whole list and continued to base your entire argument around it.

But since we're on the point, who's ass does Chris Drury kick?
you guys are seriously impossible.

What did I leave out? The grinding in the corners and taking hits? Umm Chris Drury does alot of that.

Look I'm not doubting Betts' work ethic or anything. He's just not captain material. Not even close to it.

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
  #53
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Betts does everything right...for a fourth liner and a PKer. He shouldn't be ashamed at all...I get the sense, however, that today's primmadonnas wouldn't take well to someone like Betts as captain. I can't say if he would make a good captain. I cannot say if his personality would make him a good captain (and for those basing their opinion on his ability to be captain solely on what they see on the ice, realize there's more). What I also can't say is if people will follow him.
Than they should trade for a Primmadonna worthy C then eh? Because the primmadonnas aint cutting it.

lol at Avery as the C. Literally the day he arrives named by Sather..lol

would serve them right

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
  #54
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
you guys are seriously impossible.

What did I leave out? The grinding in the corners and taking hits? Umm Chris Drury does alot of that.

Look I'm not doubting Betts' work ethic or anything. He's just not captain material. Not even close to it.
Way to still not answer the question.

And I think the team would be better off if instead of just taking hits, like you say, Chris Drury threw a couple of more hits.

He is LAST on this team in hits. Petr Prucha, in 22 games played, has more hits than our captain.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
  #55
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Give the C to Callahan already.

Brown, Crosby, Richards are all his age and have the C.
But all of those guys are one of the top guns of their teams. You don't just give someone the "C" because he is young and he works hard.

If i give you these four names, tell me which one seems out of place.

Mike Richards
Sidney Crosby
Ryan Callahan
Dustin Brown

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
  #56
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Give the C to Callahan already.

Brown, Crosby, Richards are all his age and have the C.
this post makes me

I would trade all three of our Cs for any ONE of those guys

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
  #57
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Way to still not answer the question.
what did I not answer? Just tell me already so I don't have to keep going back.

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
  #58
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
what did I not answer? Just tell me already so I don't have to keep going back.
You said that Betts isn't captain material because he doesn't "kick anybody's ass."

Who's ass does Drury kick?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM
  #59
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Petr Prucha, in 22 games played, has more hits than our captain.
Is that true?


I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM
  #60
DevFan-RU-
Registered User
 
DevFan-RU-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
I come in peace: But why give out the 'C' at all? If no one is worthy of it, then why bestow it?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:05 PM
  #61
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
2008 "not so superstar" Captains
Buffalo - Craig Rivet
Oilers - Ethan Moreau
Kings - Dustin Brown
St. Louis - Eric Brewer
Washington - Chris Clark

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:05 PM
  #62
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post

Mike Richards
Sidney Crosby
Ryan Callahan
Dustin Brown
According to an interview in Sports Illustrated, Dustin Brown didn't even speak when Sean Avery was on the team because Avery used to make fun of his lisp.

Sidney Crosby was just overwhelmingly voted the biggest whiner in the NHL in a survey of his peers.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
  #63
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
All Im saying is this team has a HUGE accountability issue. They mail in whole periods get smoked and than stand around trying to figure out whats wrong with the powerplay.

As far as I can tell Blair Betts captains the PK and thats the only part of this team that works

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
  #64
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
You said that Betts isn't captain material because he doesn't "kick anybody's ass."

Who's ass does Drury kick?
At least he's kicking his own ass right now. Betts isn't exactly terrifying either so your argument isn't making any sense.

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
  #65
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Is that true?

Out of every player who has put on a Rangers uniform this season Chris Drury has more hits than Corey Potter, Artem Anisimov and Patrick Rissmiller.

Every single other player who has worn the jersey has more hits than him.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
  #66
DevFan-RU-
Registered User
 
DevFan-RU-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
According to an interview in Sports Illustrated, Dustin Brown didn't even speak when Sean Avery was on the team because Avery used to make fun of his lisp.

Sidney Crosby was just overwhelmingly voted the biggest whiner in the NHL in a survey of his peers.
Really?? Wow... that's just wrong dude.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
  #67
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Out of every player who has put on a Rangers uniform this season Chris Drury has more hits than Corey Potter, Artem Anisimov and Patrick Rissmiller.

Every single other player who has worn the jersey has more hits than him.

Omg HES A SMURF

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
  #68
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
At least he's kicking his own ass right now. Betts isn't exactly terrifying either so your argument isn't making any sense.
You stated as part of your argument that Betts isn't captain material because he doesn't "kick ass." So, since you have failed to mention to me in what way Chris Drury "kicks ass" I can logically infer that you don't believe Drury is captain material either?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
  #69
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Really?? Wow... that's just wrong dude.
Yeah, it's been mentioned a couple of times in the Los Angeles Times too how Brown didn't really start talking to anyone until after Avery was traded.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
  #70
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
According to an interview in Sports Illustrated, Dustin Brown didn't even speak when Sean Avery was on the team because Avery used to make fun of his lisp.

Sidney Crosby was just overwhelmingly voted the biggest whiner in the NHL in a survey of his peers.
So your saying Ryan Callahan is as good of a player as Mike Richards, Dustin Brown, and Sidney Crosby because:

-Dustin Brown has a lisp
-Sidney Crosby whines

lmaaaooooo

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
  #71
GeorgeHamiltonsTan
Registered User
 
GeorgeHamiltonsTan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
in a way we were all spoiled with mess and we will always look to our captain to take the team on his back the way he did both on and off the ice. drury isnt that guy, period. it is his fault? no...the fact that weve spent 3 pages debating that betts and cally are really the only conceivable options over drury pretty well spells out the problems with this team and just how horribly constructed this team is. anyone who really thought drury was going to be the guy to lead us to the cup was really swimming in the sather coolaid. ive said it 100 times, for a fraction of prucha's salary they could've had their captain...shanny. sathers savior for the locker room issues was sitting right under his nose for 3 months...moron.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:12 PM
  #72
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
So your saying Ryan Callahan is as good of a player as Mike Richards, Dustin Brown, and Sidney Crosby because:

-Dustin Brown has a lisp
-Sidney Crosby whines

lmaaaooooo
Yeah that's exactly what I said. When you stop misinterpreting everyone's posts, I'll start responding to you again.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
  #73
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
I totally agree. Why Shanny isnt the captain of this team is a puzzle

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
  #74
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
And Bodhi - to clarify that hit statistic, in 57 games played Chris Drury has 24 hits. Prucha has 39 hits in 22 games played.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
  #75
McMonster
THANKS BOB
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Yeah that's exactly what I said. When you stop misinterpreting everyone's posts, I'll start responding to you again.
you know what? Let's just give BLAIR BETTS the "C" and watch him take the Rangers, on his back, to the Stanley Cup Finals...

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.