HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtr-Clb

Old
02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Maybe these Montreal fans who want Umberger, are referring to his playoff streak last season against them with Philly.

I also agree that Umberger is better at wing... And I don't see them moving RJ, since like was said before, he was just acquired and signed this past offseason.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Caekslap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Umberger for Kovalev and a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick on Columbus making the playoffs.

Montreal gets the big center they need, especially with Lang out.

Columbus gets an elite winger to play with Malholtra and Nash on the Top line. Williams can center the second line for the rest of the year with Brassard returning next year.

-As with Huet last year, I think Gainey will trade Kovalev as I don't believe he'll be resigned in Montreal and Gainey hates losing players for nothing.

-Columbus desperatly needs to make the playoffs and I think are going to need a little something down the stretch to hold on to a playoff spot in the uber competitive West.
streit, souray.

Caekslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:00 PM
emb24*

another clueless proposal from a hab fan. here book it and etch it in stone and i'll issue a public apology if i'm wrong. the habs have 4 untouchable prospects / young pros

gainey isn't going to trade any of them

pacioretty
weber
d'agostini
and
sergei kostistyn

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Imjustabill

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
another clueless proposal from a hab fan. here book it and etch it in stone and i'll issue a public apology if i'm wrong. the habs have 4 untouchable prospects / young pros

gainey isn't going to trade any of them

pacioretty
weber
d'agostini
and
sergei kostistyn
McDonagh?

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Chris Cutter
Dont make me go nuts

I wouldn't say D'Agostini is untouchable, I'd trade him for the good package.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Instead of only saying that CLB fans won't be happy and picking on my post count, why don't you put something productive into your statements.

Umberger has only what 30 points? not exactly setting the world on fire. Kovalev has 39 and is considered to be having an off season in montreal. Does this deal make Columbus better next year, probably not. Does this deal Make Columbus better right now. I think so. And they need to be better right now if they want to make the playoffs. I think making the playoffs this year would be more important for columbus that having Umberger in their lineup next year.

ps. thread title fixed... I guess maybe I should have made a seperate post to increase my post count as apparently more posts makes you smarter.
On this board? YA! it does work like that, you don't chat with a bunch of amatures, and believe me your hockey knowledge will shyrocket in the next few months.

As for the trade proposal itself, i don't want Umberger, not for the type of player he is and especially not at his price.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

There's some interesting players on CLB roster, some that might really bolster Habs lineup, and the ones I'm most interested in are Malhotra, Chimera and Tollefsen.

Malhotra and Chimera, always have been a fan of their game, ok they're not offensive dynamos, but they're big hard working players with very good speed and defensive acumen, and some offense. In Tollefsen's case, we actually lack that kind of player on the blueline, a strictly defensive defenseman that plays rough.

Now every time I try the game of 'trade proposals', it's a mess, so I won't pitch names around... but I would even go as far as put Plekanec in the deal, he just need big scoring players with him, could be great with Nash. Other assets, I don't know...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
There's some interesting players on CLB roster, some that might really bolster Habs lineup, and the ones I'm most interested in are Malhotra, Chimera and Tollefsen.

Malhotra and Chimera, always have been a fan of their game, ok they're not offensive dynamos, but they're big hard working players with very good speed and defensive acumen, and some offense. In Tollefsen's case, we actually lack that kind of player on the blueline, a strictly defensive defenseman that plays rough.

Now every time I try the game of 'trade proposals', it's a mess, so I won't pitch names around... but I would even go as far as put Plekanec in the deal, he just need big scoring players with him, could be great with Nash. Other assets, I don't know...
Tolly and Chimmer for Plekanec would be done yesterday. Gainey needs centers though so he isn't going to trade one without getting one in return.

Malhotra won't be moved. He has shown that, in a pinch he doesn't hurt the team playing higher than he should be in the lineup, and he can even help up there for a limited time. He is a good pk'er and one of the best faceoff guys in the league.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2009, 09:21 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjustabill View Post
McDonagh?
perhaps someday, but right now weber is having a lights out year in the AHL and is more NHL ready.

he will work on pp with markov next year. guaranteed

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 02:19 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
While I somewhat agree with what your saying, I think Umberger is replaceable via Free Agency this summer, and that this trade makes both teams more dangerous this season.
yes but your trying to say how this helps them and you. It only helps Montreal. Columbus is looking to add a center not trade them away regardless if you don't think he's that great

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote