HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carolina-Toronto proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2004, 05:10 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

vCash: 500
Carolina-Toronto proposal

Jeff O'neill I feel is going to be great for the next 10 or so years, and I'm just wondering what you Cane fans think is appropriate for him? Also, if Danny Markov can be thrown in, that would be great.

Old
08-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Hellfish

Markov is a Flyer. Kinda tough to get him thrown in.

Old
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

Ya that slipped my mind. Sorry. All I remember was the David Tanabe trade.

Old
08-17-2004, 05:33 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Tomas Kaberle

Old
08-17-2004, 05:54 PM
BHLCommish

don't really think the leafs need all that much more scoring, and certainly we are not going to give away kaberle, as poorly as he played last season, he is our #3 dman...i think a deal for colaiacovo would be more viable, if we were to go after O'neill, which would be a mistake IMO

Old
08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Tomas Kaberle
agreed - its a fair trade money and age wise. i would think the canes would have interest only in to's younger prospects - if they couldnt get kaberle. i would think this would be the best option for both sides. im not sold on kaberle personally - and with richmond and fast coming along i would rather get a more rugged d than kaberle, but he is probably better than either of those other 2 will ever be.

Old
08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHLCommish
don't really think the leafs need all that much more scoring, and certainly we are not going to give away kaberle, as poorly as he played last season, he is our #3 dman...i think a deal for colaiacovo would be more viable, if we were to go after O'neill, which would be a mistake IMO
It sure would be more viable for Toronto, not for Carolina.

Old
08-17-2004, 07:08 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

I'm not sure if a Carolina-Toronto trade would sit well with Canes fans who were pissed off at the Ron Francis trade last year and hate the leafs.

Old
08-17-2004, 07:20 PM
RE-HABS

Great for the next 10 years? He will be 29 this February, he has a couple good years left at best.

I'm sure Carolina would trade you O'Neill for Coliacavo.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:47 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I strongly doubt the Canes will want to trade away one of their best offensive players, considering their offense is pretty weak. And if they do, it certainly won't be for a defenseman.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Great for the next 10 years? He will be 29 this February, he has a couple good years left at best.

Fascinating. So we should basically count on NHL players not being productive, not worth much, after age 31, 32?

What league do you watch?

Depending on $$$ (sorry to interject reality into this hypothetical ), Cola might be a fair return for Carolina. Based strictly on talent, no way the Hurricanes would trade a proven, just-in-his-prime (not two years away from the old age home ) scorer for a prospect who is yet to win an NHL roster spot.

Last edited by Trottier: 08-17-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old
08-17-2004, 11:15 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I strongly doubt the Canes will want to trade away one of their best offensive players, considering their offense is pretty weak. And if they do, it certainly won't be for a defenseman.
disagree. the canes have a bunch of young forwards and goalies - its defense they lack depth in. they have very few quality d prospects, im sure they would be interested in colacalaoaowoe (sorry). kaberle would be a big help right now though.

Old
08-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS

i dont want colaiacovo to leave. we've had high expectations of him and i really want to see his play in the nhl. its been a while since we saw out 1st rounder play after antropov. I want colaiacovo to stay. However i would give them antropov or put him in a decent package for o'neil.

Old
08-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Fascinating. So we should basically count on NHL players not being productive, not worth much, after age 31, 32?

What league do you watch?

Depending on $$$ (sorry to interject reality into this hypothetical ), Cola might be a fair return for Carolina. Based strictly on talent, no way the Hurricanes would trade a proven, just-in-his-prime (not two years away from the old age home ) scorer for a prospect who is yet to win an NHL roster spot.
Yet another example that some posters think anyone over 30 is crap. Didn't he see the 2001-2002 Wings win the Cup? Most of those guys were over 30. Heck, a good number of them were pushing 40.

Not sure if O'Neill is still going to be around at age 39 but it wouldn't surprise me that he plays effectively until he's 35.

Old
08-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Kaberle for O'niell? straight up? no strings attached? WHERE DO I SIGN!?

Old
08-18-2004, 04:05 AM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3man24
i dont want colaiacovo to leave. we've had high expectations of him and i really want to see his play in the nhl. its been a while since we saw out 1st rounder play after antropov. I want colaiacovo to stay. However i would give them antropov or put him in a decent package for o'neil.
In the package, could you wrap up some good knees, his seems pretty banged up..

Even considering the low scoring totals of the team last year, it's obvious that it's D depth that is needed.

Upfront there's Justin Williams, Eric Staal, Josef Vasicek, Pavel Brendl (he's coming out - just watch), Jeff O'Neill and Erik Cole that can be counted on for scoring. Then there's Radim Vrbata and Rod Brind'Amour that should produce more. We've got Magnus Kahnberg who led the SEL in scoring. Andrew Ladd has just been drafted. Matt Cullen signed as a FA and should produce near 40 points (IMO..). So, all-in-all, that's not so bad.

Now, the D: Bret Hedican, Glen Wesley, Frantisek Kaberle, Aaron Ward, Niclas Wallin, Bruno St Jacques, Brad Fast and Allan Rourke... you scared? 'Cos Gerber will be.. Waiting in the wings are: Danny Richmond (he should be ok), Matej Trojovsky, Aaron Dawson, Brett Carson, etc.. really nothing to write home about.

Closed Thread