HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs drop to 1-3 in this road trip.

Old
02-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
well using your logic

habs and the opposition tied at 1-1 in goals in the last period "in this road trip."
Reading a thread title involves reading comprehension, not logic. Thanks for coming out.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Teufelsdreck

I scan the schedule, looking for games in which the Habs might be considered the favorites. Unfortunately, very few teams are so weak that they'd be pushovers for the Habs. Thank you, M. Carbonneau, for turning the preseason top contenders in the Northeast Division (if not the entire Eastern Conference) into a laughing stock that rejoices when it wins a single game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Iwishihadacup

you guys are all overreacting, the true name of this PGT should be:

Backcheck? what is backcheck?

that's the only thing we did wrong last night

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i said it 2 months ago that this team is simply not a contender, but some didn't believe me. unfortunately, i was right.
Let's talk again in 2 months.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
you guys are all overreacting, the true name of this PGT should be:

Backcheck? what is backcheck?

that's the only thing we did wrong last night
Too many Russians don't understand what that word means.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Backiev Checkov is the first Russian to ever play this kind of hockey, he was made famous for teaching it a couple of coaches in Russia especialy the late Guyachiev Carbonov, but after the iron curtain fell, the Russians forgot about the teaching of those two and were more influenced by a new generation leader named Elviski Stoikiev.

Old
02-16-2009, 11:48 AM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
fact is their russian leader is kovalev and he is not happy by his dealings with gainey for a new contract. and all since the all-star game have lost their enthusiasm

same as ryder last season

gainey has caused all this- he hesitates at doing anything!

if he didnt want to offer kovalev a contract then he should have traded him BEFORE now! now its too late to get the best possible deal!

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
fact is their russian leader is kovalev and he is not happy by his dealings with gainey for a new contract. and all since the all-star game have lost their enthusiasm

same as ryder last season

gainey has caused all this- he hesitates at doing anything!

if he didnt want to offer kovalev a contract then he should have traded him BEFORE now! now its too late to get the best possible deal!
While the famous russian GM Bobatchiev Gayniotchsky was all about doing the right thing, Gainey should read his book: Diov the rigtskiev moveskov

Old
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
JrHockeyFan

Funny thing about this game is that I thought the habs played with a lot of effort. But they are so disorganized it almost defies descripition

The lines are so scrambled it's getting ridiculous. If the fans can't keep it straight one period to the next, how can players do any better

The defense seems to either give a puck away or throw it out of the zone instead of making a proper outlet pass. The D are also caught up ice way to many times too. Something some folks seem to mistake for lack of backchecking.

Meanwhile some folks want to single out individual players for this mess. What a freaking joke. That "team" is so confused I wonder how they find the bus after the games

When this many players are doing so poorly it is time for a coaching change. I don't believe carbo is capable of extricating the team from this mess. I wanted to believe that it was more the injuries than anything else. I don't think so anymore. whatever buttons carbo is pushing, they are the wrong ones

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Sergei simply could not handle a pass on the breakout or get a puck in deep to save his life, and Laraque is about the only player on the team Chipchura can keep up with.

That made my week !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:59 AM
CanadienErrant*

Carbo's idea to take out Halak and send Price between the pipes, is one of the worst decision he could had made. He destroyed Halak's confidence and gave ANOTHER candy to Price who doesn't deserve it.

What kind of message is it sending to the rest of the team ?

Just awful, unprofessional, dumb.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:01 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
While the famous russian GM Bobatchiev Gayniotchsky was all about doing the right thing, Gainey should read his book: Diov the rigtskiev moveskov
Tolstoy would say to Gainey, "either ---- or get off the pot"

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post

The defense seems to either give a puck away or throw it out of the zone instead of making a proper outlet pass. The D are also caught up ice way to many times too. Something some folks seem to mistake for lack of backchecking.
I dont see how there's any confusion about the back checking at all. When it's already a 3 on 2 and opposition defenceman are beating our 3 forwards up the ice to make it a 4 on 2, theres certainly a back checking issue.

another problem is when our defence actually has solid possesion of the puck and are ready to make a outlet pass, our forwards are way up at the opposing blueline. its quite ridiculous. no puck support at all and obviously no speed through the neutral with players sitting at the blueline waiting for a pass.
Our forwards also stink at covering there players in our own zone they are constantly out of position and let there checks get away from them. seems like our players lack any sort of awarness on the ice or any sort of anticipation in all three zones.

also we can't control the boards at either end of the ice except for a handfull of players. this is a huge weakness of the team overall. The team is a great big mess right now all over the ice. I actually can't think of much they are actually doing right on the ice atm. Some of the players are playing like they've given up or are incredibly fragile human beings.

Would be nice to see Bob step and shake this team to it's very core instead of minor tweaking or standing on the sidelines. It's Bob's move right now as far as im concerned.

I've watched the habs play everygame over the last 3 seasons and it's become so painful to watch that ive been very close to actually not watching to save myself the stress and anger. Im sure ill keep watching this train wreck though i just can't help myself.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Carbo's idea to take out Halak and send Price between the pipes, is one of the worst decision he could had made. He destroyed Halak's confidence and gave ANOTHER candy to Price who doesn't deserve it.

seriously come on. The game was out of hand and he was giving Price some garbage time in front of his home fanss.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

In my humble opinion, Chris Higgins was our best player last night.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Backiev Checkov is the first Russian to ever play this kind of hockey, he was made famous for teaching it a couple of coaches in Russia especialy the late Guyachiev Carbonov, but after the iron curtain fell, the Russians forgot about the teaching of those two and were more influenced by a new generation leader named Elviski Stoikiev.

funny

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
He was realy intense at the end of the game. But seriously, Halak was our best player.

Old
02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Yeah i agree he was. I don't mind him at center he has the speed to play the position and be the 3rd guy back on the back check, which should be the center. I havent looked at the stats but his faceoffs seem to be better since moving back to center. Pleks is back so i suspect this will be the last we see of higgins at centre for a while.

also can't fault the guys like Tom Kost and Lapierre they always work hard consistently. also Patches and Dags seem to work hard all the time, they need to work on there play in our own zone mostly.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
The D are also caught up ice way to many times too. Something some folks seem to mistake for lack of backchecking.
There was a play in the first last night with Bouillon that just made me cringe. Vancouver is coming through center with speed and low and behold Bubbles is actually pinching up. He kinda resembled the rover type defenseman like Neidermayer or Boyle except he sucks and does it at wrong times. I just look shaking my head wondering what the hell he was thinking.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

That made my week !!

Are you serious? He's my 2nd favorite Hab but I was at the game and he was indeed terrible.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:

That was a courtesy to Price that will pay dividends in the not so near future. Price is from BC and his f&f's were there to see him which explains the rather large contingency of Hab fans in attendance. Not playing him for a few minutes when the game was clearly out of reach would have done even more damage to an already hindered psyche and would have hurt Prices' future loyalty to the team and coach.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
That was a courtesy to Price that will pay dividends in the not so near future. Price is from BC and his f&f's were there to see him which explains the rather large contingency of Hab fans in attendance. Not playing him for a few minutes when the game was clearly out of reach would have done even more damage to an already hindered psyche and would have hurt Prices' future loyalty to the team and coach.
Poor Price baby ! Carbo did not want to see him crying afeter the game once more.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 02:05 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Funny thing about this game is that I thought the habs played with a lot of effort. But they are so disorganized it almost defies descripition

The lines are so scrambled it's getting ridiculous. If the fans can't keep it straight one period to the next, how can players do any better

Meanwhile some folks want to single out individual players for this mess. What a freaking joke. That "team" is so confused I wonder how they find the bus after the games

When this many players are doing so poorly it is time for a coaching change. I don't believe carbo is capable of extricating the team from this mess. I wanted to believe that it was more the injuries than anything else. I don't think so anymore. whatever buttons carbo is pushing, they are the wrong ones
Every player on every line on every shift has an automatic obligation to check his opposition. Each player, depending on his position already knows who he should check, it is a basic fundamental of the game and each player has it ingrained in his mind over the years and years it takes to make it to the NHL. I am the left winger i check the right defenceman, I am the Center I check the Center etc.... So we all stop blaming the coach or the GM, there are players simply not doing this basic function. It makes no difference who the linemates are, check your guy and they have very limited offence.

Old
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Poor Price baby ! Carbo did not want to see him crying afeter the game once more.
So sitting him and alienating him more is a better idea? people constantly berating Carbo as a coach and he does something positive you berate him more, that does not make sense.