HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How did you do last night?

Old
02-16-2009, 01:15 PM
iamjs
Looketh over there..

vCash: 500
Positives:
2 goals, 1 assist. Teammate said I should have been credited with another, but the goal was recorded unassisted. Eh, whatever. I'm content with that statline considering I haven't skated with a team in a year and have never skated with anybody on this team.

Negatives:
Skating and endurance. I felt like crap for most of the game. Could be because I ran earlier in the day, which would explain why I had no legs at the end of the second. I also forgot to change out my wheels, since I was skating outside this past week. The wheel issue can be addressed if I remember to do it. The endurance will come back once I'm deeper into teh season.

But like I said, first game back with 3 points and a crossbar, it's better than I expected.

iamjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
Positives:
2 goals, 1 assist. Teammate said I should have been credited with another, but the goal was recorded unassisted. Eh, whatever. I'm content with that statline considering I haven't skated with a team in a year and have never skated with anybody on this team.

Negatives:
Skating and endurance. I felt like crap for most of the game. Could be because I ran earlier in the day, which would explain why I had no legs at the end of the second. I also forgot to change out my wheels, since I was skating outside this past week. The wheel issue can be addressed if I remember to do it. The endurance will come back once I'm deeper into teh season.

But like I said, first game back with 3 points and a crossbar, it's better than I expected.
Yeah never a good idea.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
pcgflyers12*

well i called a kid a piss ant, and then we battled it out. beat him down. and of course, called him a piss ant as i skated away. and we won by 1 in OT.

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:22 AM
iamjs
Looketh over there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
Yeah never a good idea.
Prior to the season, Sunday mornings were always my running days. I just finished a little over 3 miles and thought "Oh crap, I have a game tonight". I've heard of people doing a mile earlier in the day to get the legs loosened up, but my 3 probably hurt me more than anything.

What sucks even worse is that next week I have reserves, so I know there's gonna be running involved. Eh, I'll deal with it. Not like I can tell them "I don't think I'm running today. I have a game tonight and we might down a player, so they're gonna need me."

Old
02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
No goals, no assists, played a very conservative D.
Fist time skating in 3 weeks after a nasty cold.

I was able to be a complete pain in the Arse in our end and take away a good number of shots.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:36 AM
leafs in five

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I was able to be a complete pain in the Arse in our end and take away a good number of shots.
this is usually what I can hope to accomplish in a good game, a few nice breakout passes and feeds in the offensive zone mixed in.

last night though i made a bunch of nice setups, nothing ending in a goal though. i had to play some centre where i'm not so comfortable and won some draws, which was nice. terrrrrible giveway at the offensive blueline and then i stumbled trying to get back, dude scored on a breakaway as i'm still skating back, in time to receive the look you know the goalie is giving you through the mask. i ended up scoring a few minutes later though, on a flukey play where the puck bounced through some sticks into the slot right to me.

leafs in five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Saved

I have my first game back in over a year this Thursday or Friday. I'm nervous I'm going to forget something, hell even how to play my position properly. I was originally looking for a pick-up game when I was offered a position to fill in for the remainder of the season in a mens league.

Help calm me down and tell me everything is going to be O.K LOL I've never skated with the team mates, and haven't had a practice in about a year. All I've been doing is skating on my own to get back into game shape and now I'm being thrown in face first into a game. Talk about a recipe for disaster!

Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
iamjs
Looketh over there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURAKAN View Post
I have my first game back in over a year this Thursday or Friday. I'm nervous I'm going to forget something, hell even how to play my position properly. I was originally looking for a pick-up game when I was offered a position to fill in for the remainder of the season in a mens league.

Help calm me down and tell me everything is going to be O.K LOL I've never skated with the team mates, and haven't had a practice in about a year. All I've been doing is skating on my own to get back into game shape and now I'm being thrown in face first into a game. Talk about a recipe for disaster!
I did the same thing on Sunday. You'll be fine after your first shift or two. Probably the most important thing is to keep an eye on your teammates. Know who is willing to drop back for defense (this always seems to be a problem on every team that I've played), know who is a decent forward, and I guess pick up on it from there.

Old
02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 View Post
well i called a kid a piss ant, and then we battled it out. beat him down. and of course, called him a piss ant as i skated away. and we won by 1 in OT.
you seem like u always fight...post a vid. of ur next fight on this forum...i have a hard time believing that you fight every game. but heck what do i know...

Old
02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwermblues24 View Post
you seem like u always fight...post a vid. of ur next fight on this forum...i have a hard time believing that you fight every game. but heck what do i know...
yea. i do. and why would i post a video of me fighting? its just a hockey fight.

Old
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
pcgflyers12*

yea and i dont think u freaken fight EVERY game u play....

Old
02-17-2009, 12:48 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwermblues24 View Post
yea and i dont think u freaken fight EVERY game u play....
yea, well i do. haha. believe what you want but i do.

Old
02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
iamjs
Looketh over there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 View Post
yea, well i do. haha. believe what you want but i do.
ha ha, yeah I do

no you don't. prove it.

it's just a fight.

well either prove it or don't. Count me in as another one who finds your fights hard to believe.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
ha ha, yeah I do

no you don't. prove it.

it's just a fight.

well either prove it or don't. Count me in as another one who finds your fights hard to believe.
I am with you guys... I wonder what type of adult league you play in if they let you fight all the time. I have played in numerous leagues and they dont tolerate fighting. They know it happens and you get suspended or fined for fighting.

I havent played in over a month. got kicked out for defending myself now im in a different league that was suppose to start this last sunday now its next sunday and my game isnt until monday night.

Im kinda glad I havent played in that period because I have a couple of nagging injuries that needed some time to heal. (groin, Back, Knee) so Im going to hit the oliptical machine tonight and every night for at least an hour to keep my legs and lungs for monday.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
my rec team won 7-1 on Saturday, had to play on defense due to a lack of players.

blocked 2 shots on a 5 on 3 and then drew two double minors.

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
kmd mode

lost in a grueling 3-2 semi final game at 6:30 in the morning after a 10pm quarterfinal game the night before, during a presidents day tourney, and had to have a long 7 hour drive back home.

kmd mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd mode View Post
lost in a grueling 3-2 semi final game at 6:30 in the morning after a 10pm quarterfinal game the night before, during a presidents day tourney, and had to have a long 7 hour drive back home.
That just sucks.

Old
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
kmd mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
That just sucks.
yea it was brutal

kmd mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I had a horrible 3 games(2 days):

Game 1:
POsitive- Scored a goal, was a +2 on the game.
Negative- Had to win to make the playoffs. 3rd/4th line SUCKED all game long. Got caught having to cover my D-men, got a tripping penalty+11 minute misconduct.... Lost the game.

Game 2:
Positives- Won the game, got an assist.
Negatives- 4 minutes of PIM. INterference+elbow.

Game 3:
Positives- 1 goal, 1 assist, won the game
Negatives- Was an easy game so I really didn't play too much. Got 3 shifts, and 3 penalties. One was a ridiculous call... Caught someone skating down the middle and laid him out. Easily my best hit of the season.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

Scored another goal tonight (I'm on quite the streak) breakaway goal and deaked the goalie out of his shorts.

Sadly, my team played like crap and my coach is clueless on what to do when your down a goal in the 3rd and we lost 3-2

10 points in 5 games

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
FLYLine24*

Played in my top level team tonight....no goals, no assists...all good..i play the defense and the team was thrilled to have me back (i was out DEC/JAN with a knee injury).....play about 75% of the game...we wont 5-3...i wasnt on for any of the goals against.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
2A
+3
We won 4-2.

Positives:
Didn't get any roughing penalties...or any penalties at all.

Negatives:
Took a two hander on the top of my skates and now my foot is swollen.

02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
vivianmb

played the fifth place team last night beat them 6-5 with seven skaters.i sat for one shift and other than that i played the whole game .played defense again, i had two assists and blocked way too many shots as my ankle is killing me today. we are still in second place with three games to go.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
ace111

Played a game of pick up had 3 shots on net and fell on my ass 3 times! Oh yeah and was a minus 3!
Not the best player as you can tell. LOL

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
2A
+3
We won 4-2.

Positives:
Didn't get any roughing penalties...or any penalties at all.

Negatives:
Took a two hander on the top of my skates and now my foot is swollen.
The assists don't even compare to this.