HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers scouting Jonas Gustavsson?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
Rangers scouting Jonas Gustavsson?

Quote:
There are reports from Sweden that several NHL teams are interested in goaltender Jonas Gustavsson. Scouts from the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets have been watching the young Swedish goalie. The 24-year old Gustavsson stars for Farjestad, and currently has a sparking .933 save percentage and 1.93 GAA in 37 games.
Some are saying he could be like a Henrik?

Link

Old
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Nice stats..but I think he'd go to a team where he would play more then 15 games....

Old
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Or he can come here with a good glove hand and challenge shooters and win the job.

Old
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Nice stats..but I think he'd go to a team where he would play more then 15 games....
Probably.

Sign him, then package him with Redden to a team desperate for a goalie.

Old
02-16-2009, 07:39 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Or he can come here with a good glove hand and challenge shooters and win the job.
LMAO. Yes Dagoon.

I love how you simply hate on Lundqvist, but completely support Colton Orr and all the other bums that bring nothing to the game.

At least Lundqvist can actually win us a game, Colton Orr and your goons are good for 20 seconds and thats it.

Old
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

weak post

Old
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Ask yourself: Why not?

Old
02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
pointless, even if we drafted him he'd never play enough to raise his value enough to get a nice return if we dealt him

Old
02-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
pointless, even if we drafted him he'd never play enough to raise his value enough to get a nice return if we dealt him
I'm sure somebody would have said the same about Jonas Hiller behind Giguere and Bryzgalov a couple years ago. Nothing wrong with adding depth (especially as a free agent), especially in case of an injury.

Old
02-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Sad post. Some people won't realize what we've got until he's gone.

Old
02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
LMAO. Yes Dagoon.

I love how you simply hate on Lundqvist, but completely support Colton Orr and all the other bums that bring nothing to the game.

At least Lundqvist can actually win us a game, Colton Orr and your goons are good for 20 seconds and thats it.
Hey Orr won yet another fight while Lundqvist looked great on that 50 footer glove side

Old
02-16-2009, 08:20 PM
levski87

Quote:
Hey Orr won yet another fight while Lundqvist looked great on that 50 footer glove side
Last time I checked fights dont equal goals

Old
02-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Ah, yes. Lundqvist allows a whopping TWO goals and we're about to lose. How about SCORING SOME ****ING GOALS instead of whining about Henrik?

Old
02-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Dagoon44

Guys I am sick of losing and trust me rather win a game then a fight. I didn't bring up Orr the other guys took shots at him. I just pointed out he did his job. Hank gave up a 55 foot floater that he just plan out missed. The second goal was 2 point shots with juicy big rebounds and him falling on his face. Yes he gave up only 2 goals but both were very weak. And yes we didn't score and the Defense stinks and hank did play very well but the goals were bad

Old
02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Guys I am sick of losing and trust me rather win a game then a fight. I didn't bring up Orr the other guys took shots at him. I just pointed out he did his job. Hank gave up a 55 foot floater that he just plan out missed. The second goal was 2 point shots with juicy big rebounds and him falling on his face. Yes he gave up only 2 goals but both were very weak. And yes we didn't score and the Defense stinks and hank did play very well but the goals were bad
Seriously? Like, really? Lundqvist was easily the best Ranger tonight, as usual. Fighting is a nice tool for good teams that need a kick in the ass once in awhile, but what's the point when no one gives a **** at all?

Old
02-16-2009, 08:48 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
When the Rangers score more than 1-2 goals a game you have the right to complain about Henrik. Until that point in time shut up. He really is the least of this teams worries. Who do you want to play? Valiquette, so he can give up 10 goals again? Get a life. It must be tough being a goalie knowing that one mistake will cost you a game because your team has a pop gun offense.

Old
02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Sad post. Some people won't realize what we've got until he's gone.
two words: Mike Dunham

Old
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
When the Rangers score more than 1-2 goals a game you have the right to complain about Henrik. Until that point in time shut up. He really is the least of this teams worries. Who do you want to play? Valiquette, so he can give up 10 goals again? Get a life. It must be tough being a goalie knowing that one mistake will cost you a game because your team has a pop gun offense.
LOL did I hit a nerve? Hank sucks this year and please go on and tell me it is all everyone elses fault. The guys were rolling early on till hank took his 6 weeks off again and the confidence became fragile. It goes both ways he killed them a lot this year and even yo can't deny that

Old
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
ecemleafs

dagoon, put pretty much every other goalie in the league on this team and we are drafting in the top 5.

Old
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Jyrgen

Gustavsson is a big Lundy-type of goalie, earlier years he has struggled somewhat and been great in periods and not so great in between but this year he has really pulled it together finally. He's been considered to be talented and a future swedish top goalie for a while but became a late bloomer instead.

Old
02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Unless Jonas Gustavsson can score goals or coach this team, I'm not interested in rumors of our interest.

Based on the fact that he plays the one position that we're set at, I don't care too much about this right now.

Old
02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
LOL did I hit a nerve? Hank sucks this year and please go on and tell me it is all everyone elses fault. The guys were rolling early on till hank took his 6 weeks off again and the confidence became fragile. It goes both ways he killed them a lot this year and even yo can't deny that
You're an absolute FOOL if you think it's Henrik's fault that this team is falling apart. A FOOL. If you actually watch the games, you'll realize that Hank WINS more games for us than loses. We cannot score goals. Teams would kill for a goalie who allows 2 goals a game. Why? Because it gives them a chance to win every time out. But yeah, we should blame our goalie, even though we can't score for ****.

Old
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Unless Jonas Gustavsson can score goals or coach this team, I'm not interested in rumors of our interest.

Based on the fact that he plays the one position that we're set at, I don't care too much about this right now.
So because we have a goaltender we should stop scouting goaltenders? Thats logical. Because you know, it would be impossible for Henrik to ever miss an extended period of time due to injury right? But thats OK because we have Vally, Wiikman and Zaba ready to step in. Right, adding depth and potential to that list would be plain silly.

If your not interested then why bother posting?

Old
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
You're an absolute FOOL if you think it's Henrik's fault that this team is falling apart. A FOOL. If you actually watch the games, you'll realize that Hank WINS more games for us than loses. We cannot score goals. Teams would kill for a goalie who allows 2 goals a game. Why? Because it gives them a chance to win every time out. But yeah, we should blame our goalie, even though we can't score for ****.
The king lol 2 goals a game would be great
Devils 3-0
Caps 5-4
Panthers 2-1
Flyers 4-1 when he left

Come on man he isn't giving up 2. Also read what I said the team stinks in front of him.
Go back to December and look up the games we lost 6 goals
3,8,5,4, goals all given up after the team was wining and scoring. He was plain and simple not good. Every turnover went in and the team deflated

Old
02-16-2009, 09:58 PM
D713B

Quote:
The king lol 2 goals a game would be great
Devils 3-0
Caps 5-4
Panthers 2-1
Flyers 4-1 when he left

Come on man he isn't giving up 2. Also read what I said the team stinks in front of him.
Go back to December and look up the games we lost 6 goals
3,8,5,4, goals all given up after the team was wining and scoring. He was plain and simple not good. Every turnover went in and the team deflated
I'm not getting involved in the Hank argument but he did only give up one goal in that Panthers game. Anyway equally disturbing is the fact that in the past 7 games we've managed only 11 goals. Doesn't really matter whose in goal at that point. Thats a whopping 1.57 goals per.

Closed Thread