HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles Players...

Old
12-20-2008, 09:40 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Isles Players...

No secret that the Islanders will likely end up with many players for sale come March 4. As a fan, I am actually okay with the losing...it gives the team a chance to rebuild with picks and prospects and that is the ONLY WAY this franchise will find its way back into respectability, and be a legit franchise again.

That said...I want to know what fans think of some of our guys who could be had...

You be the GM for your favorite team...Make offers for...

Doug Weight: Having an almost ppg year on a very bad team. Inexpensive against the cap, and brings tons to experience including a cup win.

Brendan Witt: Is under contract thru 2010-2011 and I dont want to see him go, but I think the systems and programs the Islanders are installing do not suit his game like they did under Nolan. I would not move Witt unless I were to receive a first round pick or top NHL cant miss prospect in return.

Bill Guerin: Is having a good year again. He would need to waive his NTC but I would be curious what he could fetch the Isles.

Mike Sillinger: A very capable Penalty Killer, can net some big goals, and is a beast in the faceoff circle. He has come off of some injuries but he would be a great deadline addition.

Mike Comrie: Still young enough, and would be a very solid addition to any team as a second line center. No doubt he could fetch a fair return. He will score some goals and could be easily resigned to a multi-year deal to the team that can afford what would likely be a 4.5-5 million salary.

Radek Martinek: A very underated defenseman, he has his injury concerns but he is very effective in his own end in all situations.

Andy Sutton: has one year left on a $3 million deal. Just broke his foot against the Wild last night. Wondering if healthy what he would be worth to a team looking for a big stay at home.

Jon Sim: A grinder who can chip in 15 goals per year still has a year left on his $1 million cap hit. Could be a great fit for a team looking for a little grit and toughness.

Andy Hilbert: has had a good start to the season. Great penalty killer and inexpensive. I am not sure I want the Islander to move him, but I would listen to offers.

Richard Park: is the kind of player every team wants. I would want the Islanders to hold him, but at his age and his level of play, he could get us a solid return of a mid-level prospect of draft pick. Great penalty killer, and can chip in big goals.

Very curious about if a package of players could net the Islanders multiple first round picks. They will have their own which likely be either the #1 or #2 pick, plus if they could package these players and they have 3 second round picks in 2009, I would love for them to end up with at least one or even two more first round picks.

Brian Burke made a draft day deal if memory serves, to net both Sedin's at the draft. If the Islanders were already poised to draft first by winning the lottery, what would you want of the players above and/or additional picks to get the #2 pick so the Islanders could land Tavares AND Hedman? Keep in mind...if we are all playing GM—Okposo and Bailey are untouchable from the Islanders perspective.

Thanks for the thoughts....

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 09:44 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Brian Burke made a draft day deal if memory serves, to net both Sedin's at the draft. If the Islanders were already poised to draft first by winning the lottery, what would you want of the players above and/or additional picks to get the #2 pick so the Islanders could land Tavares AND Hedman? Keep in mind...if we are all playing GM—Okposo and Bailey are untouchable from the Islanders perspective.

I don't even think Okposo and Bailey would land the Islanders Hedman or Tavares assuming they won first overall in the lottery.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 09:47 AM
ArVeeDee

Quote:
No secret that the Islanders will likely end up with many players for sale come March 4. As a fan, I am actually okay with the losing...it gives the team a chance to rebuild with picks and prospects and that is the ONLY WAY this franchise will find its way back into respectability, and be a legit franchise again.

That said...I want to know what fans think of some of our guys who could be had...

You be the GM for your favorite team...Make offers for...

Doug Weight: Having an almost ppg year on a very bad team. Inexpensive against the cap, and brings tons to experience including a cup win. - Second/Third Rounder

Brendan Witt: Is under contract thru 2010-2011 and I dont want to see him go, but I think the systems and programs the Islanders are installing do not suit his game like they did under Nolan. I would not move Witt unless I were to receive a first round pick or top NHL cant miss prospect in return. - Probably a second rounder/third

Bill Guerin: Is having a good year again. He would need to waive his NTC but I would be curious what he could fetch the Isles.- Most likely a third/fourth

Mike Sillinger: A very capable Penalty Killer, can net some big goals, and is a beast in the faceoff circle. He has come off of some injuries but he would be a great deadline addition. - Mid round pick

Mike Comrie: Still young enough, and would be a very solid addition to any team as a second line center. No doubt he could fetch a fair return. He will score some goals and could be easily resigned to a multi-year deal to the team that can afford what would likely be a 4.5-5 million salary. - 2nd or 3rd.

Radek Martinek: A very underated defenseman, he has his injury concerns but he is very effective in his own end in all situations.- Mid round pick

Andy Sutton: has one year left on a $3 million deal. Just broke his foot against the Wild last night. Wondering if healthy what he would be worth to a team looking for a big stay at home. - Nothing

Jon Sim: A grinder who can chip in 15 goals per year still has a year left on his $1 million cap hit. Could be a great fit for a team looking for a little grit and toughness. - Nothing

Andy Hilbert: has had a good start to the season. Great penalty killer and inexpensive. I am not sure I want the Islander to move him, but I would listen to offers. - Don't know

Richard Park: is the kind of player every team wants. I would want the Islanders to hold him, but at his age and his level of play, he could get us a solid return of a mid-level prospect of draft pick. Great penalty killer, and can chip in big goals. - Why would you trade him?

Very curious about if a package of players could net the Islanders multiple first round picks. They will have their own which likely be either the #1 or #2 pick, plus if they could package these players and they have 3 second round picks in 2009, I would love for them to end up with at least one or even two more first round picks.

and good luck getting the first OA. The Thrashers and Lightning will give you guys a run for your money.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Ziostilon

is Andy Hilbert going anywhere?

whats his value these days, and is he going to pull a Tkchauk and go back to the Isles. Or is there a big possibility that he could stay with the team that traded for him on July 1st?

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:33 AM
excape

Quote:
Pretty sure you would have to give up at least one of those two players to land the 2nd overall pick. You would have to add a lot more too.

The reason Burke was able to get both of the Sedins is because it was known (at least to my knowledge) that the draft was weak. Not to mention I'm sure people thought the Sedins would be ineffective without each other.

excape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 02:57 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by excape View Post
Pretty sure you would have to give up at least one of those two players to land the 2nd overall pick. You would have to add a lot more too.

The reason Burke was able to get both of the Sedins is because it was known (at least to my knowledge) that the draft was weak. Not to mention I'm sure people thought the Sedins would be ineffective without each other.
It was a series of a a few trades that landed Burke a 3rd overall pick. It wasnt just one trade. However in the end it came too, Canucks trading Bryan McCabe, at the time, a very good developing young defencemen, and our first round pick next year, for the 3rd overall pick.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

At this point, can only see Comrie being dished, maybe even under value.

If Weight is dealt, it's with a younger player so that the team on the receiving end has something until Weight would come back, likely right before the playoffs.

Guerin and Witt are the only other guys the Isles would want to jettison if the price is right. I think a team can pay a very fair price to get these guys.

Don't think the return for Park, Hilbert, Martinek, etc. is of importance enough for the Islanders to trade them.

Sillinger would have been worth something if he could have played.

No matter what, the Islanders are NOT getting the #1 AND 2 picks. They'd have to mortgage the future for that. They'll be very happy with one of the two.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Dru23

I think it's safe to say everyone on the ISlanders minus Okposo,Bailey,Nielsen,Hunter,Comeau,Streit are available. What you could get in return is another thing.

Dru23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Bill Guerin for Matt Lashoff

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
is Andy Hilbert going anywhere?

whats his value these days, and is he going to pull a Tkchauk and go back to the Isles. Or is there a big possibility that he could stay with the team that traded for him on July 1st?

The Isles are trying to resign him now (he is a pending UFA). Chris Botta, former Isles PR and now blogger, puts the resigning odds at about 75%.

I think the chances of a Fatchuck scenario are nil, becasuse Hilbert is not good enough for any team to want to rent him.

The problem the Isles face is that there most tradeable guys (Sillinger, Weight) are injured, and Guerin has a NTC. Of all the trade assets listed, I think the only guy the Isles will be able to move is Comrie - and I don't see him being worth much more than a third rounder after his crappy season.

Isles should be a nonplayer on deadline day, unfortunately.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
The Isles are trying to resign him now (he is a pending UFA). Chris Botta, former Isles PR and now blogger, puts the resigning odds at about 75%.

I think the chances of a Fatchuck scenario are nil, becasuse Hilbert is not good enough for any team to want to rent him.

The problem the Isles face is that there most tradeable guys (Sillinger, Weight) are injured, and Guerin has a NTC. Of all the trade assets listed, I think the only guy the Isles will be able to move is Comrie - and I don't see him being worth much more than a third rounder after his crappy season.

Isles should be a nonplayer on deadline day, unfortunately.
so Hilbert cant even be a consistent third line player?

Old
02-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
so Hilbert cant even be a consistent third line player?
Sure, but two-way 3rd liners aren't going to yield enough in trade for Snow to let him go. He's well-liked, cheap and will (most likely) return, so a 4th or 5th rounder doesn't really do anything for the Isles.

Pure Slaughter Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Dunno who the 1st line will consist of next season, but in a foreseeable

Comeau-Bailey-Okposo
Bergenheim-Nielsen-Hunter
Hilbert-Park-Jackman

the Isles seem to have a very interesting build-up for lines 2-4, with the last two being truly interesting from an all-round standpoint.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
boredmale

Sillinger and Weight will both be on injury reserve come trade deadline time so I believe they can't be traded. The fact Sillinger out for season makes him valueless.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value View Post
Sure, but two-way 3rd liners aren't going to yield enough in trade for Snow to let him go. He's well-liked, cheap and will (most likely) return, so a 4th or 5th rounder doesn't really do anything for the Isles.
so if they dont trade him, its 100% that he'll resign with them for the next season?

If not, its not like the Isles are going anwhere anyways, shouldnt they be happy they get something for them. whether its a pick, or the rights to a certain player.

Old
02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Darth Milbury

They're going to try to resign him.

And, the point is that a signed Hilbert will help the Isles more over the next few years than would a 5th round pick or something.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
They're going to try to resign him.

And, the point is that a signed Hilbert will help the Isles more over the next few years than would a 5th round pick or something.
so hes the type of player if he doesnt get signed by the deadline, then he'll get trade

similar to how Hossa was like last year