HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Struggling Drury takes blame for Rangers' woes

Old
02-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
blah blah blah

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:32 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
You can insult me all you want. The fact that Petr Prucha, one of the smallest players in the NHL has more hits than Captain North America in about 20 less games played is absolutely disgusting.

I don't care that he's "never been known to throw his body around like that." If your the captain of an NHL franchise and you don't score goals, your arguably the worst faceoff center on your team, your not a good passer, you can't carry the puck through the neutral zone, you have one of the lowest shooting percentages on the team and on top of that are getting paid 7 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR, you better damn well be throwing your body around more than the termite who lives in the press box.

But never mind. It's OK because he's from Connecticut and he won the Little League World Series and he helped "lead" Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic and Ray Bourque to his only Stanley Cup. Let's not forget, he's a natural born winner too.

It's amazing how the Drury fanatics just love to hate statistics. Anyone who states any statistic pertaining to Drury on this board is shunned like a Communist in a Seinfeld episode. You guys are like all the "old school" baseball GM's who kept telling the Sabremetricians that stats didn't matter all the way up until the point Theo Epstein, Bill James and Billy Beane stole their jobs from under them.

You've described the ENTIRE rangers team. Minus the contracts.
Yes your supposed to blame the captain when his team is playing poorly but your problem doesn't start and end with him. HE is not the reason the rangers blow.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Ranger Fan View Post
You've described the ENTIRE rangers team. Minus the contracts.
Yes your supposed to blame the captain when his team is playing poorly but your problem doesn't start and end with him. HE is not the reason the rangers blow.
You know what. Your completely right. I've been polarized by the unadulterated Drury love fest into singling him out and attacking him even though it is the entire team.

I just don't like when a guy gets a free pass because he's acquired some vague reputation that somehow makes him untouchable.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 11:43 PM
mygameworn

He doesn't and shouldn't get a free pass. I agree that he is having an off year. A lot of his team mates are having off years as well, right? Like the Yankees money cannot buy championships. The blame starts with Sather and goes Renney and Dru and Hank and Gomer and the rest of the team.

Old
02-17-2009, 02:18 AM
trilobyte

It's not so important what he says, but I know damn well he is bothered by it all. And think about whether it was a good idea to put a C on his jersey. Politically, not an easy thing to just get rid of, but I bet he wishes he never saw it.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:54 AM
eco's bones

Arguably Gomez did not have an off season in 07-08. Drury has had two off seasons. That's 14 million dollars down the drain. Consider his last season in Buffalo he had 37 goals--that's almost his entire production for close to 2 seasons in New York.

Something that crossed my mind regarding Drury and his NMC---and that is the seeming toxic situation developing between the Rangers (led by him as captain) and their very disappointed fans. This may be the team Chris has always dreamed of playing for but how much longer before the disappointment of the fans takes a more personal note because I think the day may come where he might want to get out of town?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM
mygameworn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Arguably Gomez did not have an off season in 07-08. Drury has had two off seasons. That's 14 million dollars down the drain. Consider his last season in Buffalo he had 37 goals--that's almost his entire production for close to 2 seasons in New York.

Something that crossed my mind regarding Drury and his NMC---and that is the seeming toxic situation developing between the Rangers (led by him as captain) and their very disappointed fans. This may be the team Chris has always dreamed of playing for but how much longer before the disappointment of the fans takes a more personal note because I think the day may come where he might want to get out of town?

Drury had better line mates in Buffalo and well a better team overall. So to me his stats are inflated a bit. The rangers have been in a decline before this year. They haven't finished higher than 5th in the conference since 95-96 when they finished 3rd. So if you ask me their right where they've been for the last 12 years.

Old
02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
DevilsFanPassingBy

Notice who isn't taking any blame. I'll give you a hint, his last name begins with an S and ends in an R. In between you have an ather.

Reminds me of another guy who ran a basketball team that plays in the same arena.

DevilsFanPassingBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFanPassingBy View Post
Notice who isn't taking any blame. I'll give you a hint, his last name begins with an S and ends in an R. In between you have an ather.

Reminds me of another guy who ran a basketball team that plays in the same arena.
Completely agree, but at least Isiah actually did interviews. The few interviews Sather has done the past two seasons all seem to have been with his cronies from Edmonton. Obviously it's going to be nothing but AROD in the papers the next month, but I hope at some point they start paying attention to Sather.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote