HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers scouting Jonas Gustavsson?

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
SPG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Sad post. Some people won't realize what we've got until he's gone.
Agreed. Like the people that wanted Jagr gone after last season. It was bound to happen anyway, but some people were pretty darn trigger happy and now some of those same people are posting in the "We miss Jagr" threads.

Old
02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Start paying more attention.You are clueless.Dagoon owns a restaurant and he had Prucha there to sign autographs last week.It's Prucha.Prucha.Prucha.Renney is clueless.Renney is this and that.Prucha suffers a paper cut and it's Renney's fault.Dagoon is always ragging on Henrik.

Go back and re-read Fire Sather's post.
Actually, I do pay attention to what's written here, I just don't post about everything. I'm well aware that Prucha did a signing for him at his bar. I wasn't trying to say that anyone was right, I was just questioning why Prucha gets brought into every thread.

Old
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Some people have a really, really short memory..

Lundqvist has sucked all season long?

Really?!...

Another bong-hit, for you sir?

Old
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

I think it would be a GREAT idea for the Rangers to go hard after this guy. They have horrible depth right now in goal. Hank, Wiikman, Zaba......and that is pretty much it. I dont consider Vally a legit long-term solution should any injury happen. With the bad play of Lafleur, they need to look outside the box in order to shore up a problem.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Obviously... and I hope that your writing on this message board is not indicative of your other works
Yeah, sorry I must be so untalented considering I'm 23, run my own business along with my best friend and can afford dual residencies in two states. Jeez, I'm so unsuccessful and uneducated how could I ever compose anything worthy of being read by anyone. It's a good thing I have you to edit my HFboard posts, what ever would I do without you. I guess I should completely give up the grant writing aspect of my career because I'm doomed to be a failure. Oh, wait...

Anyway, you need to get over the fact that you got called out because you brought nothing of substance to the discussion and to defend the fact that you posted simply because its a message board you started a personal attack over the usage of "your" and "you're". Believe me I have greater things to concern myself with than if my quick HF posts are going to receive an "A" for grammar.

But you're right, why should anyone care about an asset that could potentially help the franchise, silly scouts for doing their jobs.

Old
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Sounds like someone has an inferiority complex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Yeah, sorry I must be so untalented considering I'm 23, run my own business along with my best friend and can afford dual residencies in two states. Jeez, I'm so unsuccessful and uneducated how could I ever compose anything worthy of being read by anyone.
Your words, not mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Anyway, you need to get over the fact that you got called out because you brought nothing of substance to the discussion and to defend the fact that you posted simply because its a message board you started a personal attack over the usage of "your" and "you're". Believe me I have greater things to concern myself with than if my quick HF posts are going to receive an "A" for grammar.

But you're right, why should anyone care about an asset that could potentially help the franchise, silly scouts for doing their jobs.
Again, if you read past my criticism in my initial response to you, you'd see that I did provide substance and an explanation of my thoughts. Just because you don't like me after I bristled at the thread and then picked at your mistakes doesn't invalidate that I made a point about the topic. Try reading it over if you can tear yourself away from counting your millions. Here, I'll even help you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Secondly, this thread is nothing more than a rumor of the Rangers scouting someone. Team scouts are responsible for scouting hundreds of players at any time, how come there aren't threads for each one?

Of course, there is a need to continue scouting players at all positions at all times, however this is someone who is approximately two years younger than our current goaltender. Not exactly grounds for "goaltender of the future" is it? Miika Wiikman is ten days older than Gustavsson and has been in North America for two years. I'm more excited about the prospects of someone who has been in the country and this system for two years and is closer to a backup role than someone who we're scouting. Oh, yeah... and Wiikman has an NHL contract with us.

Now, with this team currently struggling to win, it's difficult to get excited about players WHO AREN'T GOING TO HELP IN THE PRESENT TIME. Please don't get your panties in a bunch if I'm not excited for players who MIGHT HELP in the future who aren't even our property.
Again, I hope that you do a better job of reading important business documents, contracts and leases because you sound as immature as every other 23 year old know-it-all that I've come across in life, (not just on message boards.)

Old
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Alright, I think the personal attacks have successfully driven this thread into the toilet.

Closed Thread