HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lines sans kovalev and sergei?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2009, 04:44 PM
  #1
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
lines sans kovalev and sergei?

patches-koivu-andrei k
higgins-plekanec-dagostini
kostop-lapierre-stewart
laraque-chipchura-begin

markov-komo
hamr-schneider
gorges-dandenault
----
brisebois-bouillon


cant say i have a single problem with those lines (except for plek).

we'll be even better with tanguay and latendresse back, plus whatever we're going to get for kovalev+

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
  #2
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 50
Lines at practice this morning were:

Higgins-Koivu-D'Agostini
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Dandenault-Chipchura-Laraque

Markov-Schneider
Hamrlik-Komisarek
Bouillon-Gorges

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
  #3
Namso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
ouch two lines full of plumbers and 2 half-year rookies on the top lines.

this will not be pretty...

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
  #4
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
We wont be getting a whole lot of offense from the 3rd and 4th line, but we have a ton of hard working guys in the lineup. I like it.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:49 PM
  #5
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
We wont be getting a whole lot of offense from the 3rd and 4th line, but we have a ton of hard working guys in the lineup. I like it.
As long as Carbo plays both the first and the second line 19-20 minutes.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
  #6
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals
 
Mise en echec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Akost-Koivu-MaxPac
D'ago-Plek-Higgins
Kosto-Lapierre-Dandy
Laraque-Begin-Stewart

Mise en echec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
  #7
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,169
vCash: 500
I just hope we forecheck. None of this 2-1-2 standing in neutral zone 'trap'.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
  #8
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
3 really you guns, the "captain", pleks, Andrei, stonehands, lapierre, laraque, ahler, a couple of retards
there you have it 12 players+defense

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
  #9
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,393
vCash: 500
This team is a mess

We might want to start blaming management/coaching...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
  #10
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
3 really you guns, the "captain", pleks, Andrei, stonehands, lapierre, laraque, ahler, a couple of retards
there you have it 12 players+defense
Trap all the way to a 9th place finish!

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
  #11
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Trap all the way to a 9th place finish!
that's for sure

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
  #12
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
i like any of these lines far more than what we've been doing lately.

this team has been floating in the ether for so long now, so much so that even lines themselves had no idea what they were supposed to be doing out there...what are koivu and kovalev supposed to think with kostop on their wing?

andreik and higgins playing with dandy?

this team will make the playoffs folks

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
  #13
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
This team is a mess

We might want to start blaming management/coaching...
And injuries...

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:05 PM
  #14
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan
 
Marc Bergevins Suit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 500
We need Tangs back.

Once he is i would try.

Tanguay-Koivu-A.Kost
Higgins-Plekanec-D'Agostini
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart/Begin/Chichura/Dandenault/Laraque

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Schneider
Bouillon-Gorges

Price
Halak


Until he is back id like to see

Kostitsyn-Koivu-D'agostini
Higgins-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Begin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Chipchura-Dandenault

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:05 PM
  #15
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
This is not a Stanley cup calibre line-up and if everyone takes their Hab coloured glasses off they will see that.

Higgins-Koivu-D'Agostini -->Good line but not spectacular. More like a 2nd or 3rd line on a contenders team. These are three of my favourite players on the Habs
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty -->Again, Good line but not spectacular. More like a 2nd or 3rd line on a contenders team. Andrei is a goal scorer but needs some consistency which I think will come and Pacioretty is going to be a best in two years.
Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos --> This is a 4th line on a contender. Lapierre has had a great year and is our 3rd liner of the future.
Dandenault-Chipchura-Laraque --> This line will see limited action and is a poor 4th line on a contender.

Markov-Schneider --> Good 1st pair when Markov is playing the way he did the first half of the season.
Hamrlik-Komisarek --> Good shutdown pair when they are playing up to their capabilities
Bouillon-Gorges --> This is a typical 3rd pairing and nothing spectacular.

All I am trying to show is that this team is not a contender right now.
Tanguay and Latendresse will help this lineup alot, but they are still nothing more than a second round exit team with those guys in the lineup.

I hope to the hockey gods they prove me wrong.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
  #16
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,180
vCash: 500
I'm pleased to say my last line combos had Sergei in Hamilton and Kovy fighting it out with Chipchura and Laraque for 4th line duty. So I'll stick with:


Tanguay Koivu D'Agostini

Higgins Pleks A Kost

MaxPac Lapierre TK

3 of Dandy/Begin/BGL/Stewart/Chips

Latendresse can play with Higgins or Lapiere when he comes back.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
  #17
12jf54
Registered User
 
12jf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Voici d'ailleurs, l'alignement de Guy Carbonneau lors de l'entraînement de mardi au Complexe sportif de Brossard.

Attaque

Matt D'Agostini - Saku Koivu - Chris Higgins

Max Pacieoretty - Tomas Plekanev - Andrei Kostitsyn

Mathieu Dandenault - Kyle Chipchura - Georges Laraque

Tom Kostopoulos - Maxim Lapierre - Steve Bégin

Défensive

Mathieu Schneider - Andrei Markov

Roman Hamrlik - Mike Komisarek

Francis Bouillon - Josh Gorges

Patrice Brisebois patinait seul

Lonely little Breezer...

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
  #18
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
This is not a Stanley cup calibre line-up and if everyone takes their Hab coloured glasses off they will see that.

Higgins-Koivu-D'Agostini -->Good line but not spectacular. More like a 2nd or 3rd line on a contenders team. These are three of my favourite players on the Habs
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty -->Again, Good line but not spectacular. More like a 2nd or 3rd line on a contenders team. Andrei is a goal scorer but needs some consistency which I think will come and Pacioretty is going to be a best in two years.
Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos --> This is a 4th line on a contender. Lapierre has had a great year and is our 3rd liner of the future.
Dandenault-Chipchura-Laraque --> This line will see limited action and is a poor 4th line on a contender.

Markov-Schneider --> Good 1st pair when Markov is playing the way he did the first half of the season.
Hamrlik-Komisarek --> Good shutdown pair when they are playing up to their capabilities
Bouillon-Gorges --> This is a typical 3rd pairing and nothing spectacular.

All I am trying to show is that this team is not a contender right now.
Tanguay and Latendresse will help this lineup alot, but they are still nothing more than a second round exit team with those guys in the lineup.

I hope to the hockey gods they prove me wrong.
no, adding kovalev to this lineup won't do anything better

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
  #19
Jean-Guy Drouin*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
I would prefer too see Stewart on the 4th line than Chipchura. He can bring much more of a physical presence.

But I do admitt o have not a clue about if he's good or not in faceoffs. Anyone knows ?

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
  #20
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,397
vCash: 500
When Latendresse and Tanguay come back.

Tanguay Koivu Akos
Pacioretty Plekanec D'agostini
Latendresse Lappiere Higgins
Stewart Chipchura Tom the Bomb

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
  #21
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,163
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
When is Tanguay due back, saturday?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
  #22
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Not much for offence but the players in the line up work and that at least gives us a chance to win.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
  #23
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Our better line-up has been beaten (quite a few times) by lineups much worse than this one.


Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
  #24
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
Voici d'ailleurs, l'alignement de Guy Carbonneau lors de l'entraînement de mardi au Complexe sportif de Brossard.

Attaque

Matt D'Agostini - Saku Koivu - Chris Higgins

Max Pacieoretty - Tomas Plekanev - Andrei Kostitsyn

Mathieu Dandenault - Kyle Chipchura - Georges Laraque

Tom Kostopoulos - Maxim Lapierre - Steve Bégin

Défensive

Mathieu Schneider - Andrei Markov

Roman Hamrlik - Mike Komisarek

Francis Bouillon - Josh Gorges

Patrice Brisebois patinait seul

Lonely little Breezer...
Can you confirm Andrei was on the RW? I assume you meant the contrary?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:43 PM
  #25
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
At the very least, we should see a harder working group.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.