HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

sakic curve in bauer

Old
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
jminor

vCash: 500
sakic curve in bauer

guys I have used a couple of ST's both with a sakic 100 flex and now want to maybe try a one95 or something comparable to the durability of the ST (my green one is bulletproof) I love the Sakic for how quick the puck comes up but for tight low passing it leaves some to be desired. I was thinking of a 105 Naslund curve but am open to trying other brands as well. Anyone else been down this road?

jminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
jminor

also considering a warrior dolomite or macdaddy, what do they have near a sakic and would anyone go for a warrior over a one95

Old
02-17-2009, 01:49 PM
rinkrat22

I have been using the naslund curve for a while, seems to be a good mix of passing, with the ability to snap it up high when your in tight. also is good for getting the puck up quick when your trying to clear the it off the glass. its the p92 curve. some times it says naslund, but it will always say the pattern #.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Bauer Naslund (P92) is the Easton Sakic. From what I've heard. Just as the Bauer Malkin (PM9) is the Easton Forsberg, which I know from using both, I'd suggest the latter if you're looking to improve your passing.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
jminor

talked to the sports store near me today and they have Warrior Dolomites and Kronic's on sale for $159 cad. He recommended a draper curve. What do you guys think, is the kronic the more durable, better stick?

Old
02-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Stefan It Up

If the price is the same, take the Dolomite over the Kronik.

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

If I were you I would stay with Easton and get an SE16 or get a Bauer one95. I have tried Warriors and mission sticks and if you are used to the feel of an Easton stick you aren't going to like it.

Naslund is the same at Sakic to answer your question.

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:22 PM
iknowphysics

Send a message via AIM to iknowphysics
I'm a manager at a hockey store and I pay close attention to the sticks and blades. I also track the cross brand equivalencies in blade patterns (because there's very few reliable sources- I often take the time to measure new or unfamiliar ones).

We had some new One95 Naslunds come in today, and I was curious about them and the SE16 Sakics, so I happened to compare them before noticing this thread.

The Bauer Naslund curve is the same as the Easton Sakic curve, with a very, very slight difference in lie (more due to the curvature of the bottom of the blade than the shaft-blade angle). Also, for others interested, Zetterberg = Forsberg = Malkin = Modano = a few other patterns. Most of the Warrior patterns generally have shorter lies than the Eastons and Bauers.

Supremes are a little heavier throughout the shaft; the Supreme blades are thicker and heavier than the Eastons, which adds a little unwanted inertia during quick stick handling. That said, due to their construction, the blades on the Supremes appear to be tougher than the blades on the SE16s, but your mileage may vary.

Our best seller has been the SE16, due to the outstanding feel for the puck.

iknowphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:29 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowphysics View Post
I'm a manager at a hockey store and I pay close attention to the sticks and blades. I also track the cross brand equivalencies in blade patterns (because there's very few reliable sources- I often take the time to measure new or unfamiliar ones).

We had some new One95 Naslunds come in today, and I was curious about them and the SE16 Sakics, so I happened to compare them before noticing this thread.

The Bauer Naslund curve is the same as the Easton Sakic curve, with a very, very slight difference in lie (more due to the curvature of the bottom of the blade than the shaft-blade angle). Also, for others interested, Zetterberg = Forsberg = Malkin = Modano = a few other patterns. Most of the Warrior patterns generally have shorter lies than the Eastons and Bauers.

Supremes are a little heavier throughout the shaft; the Supreme blades are thicker and heavier than the Eastons, which adds a little unwanted inertia during quick stick handling. That said, due to their construction, the blades on the Supremes appear to be tougher than the blades on the SE16s, but your mileage may vary.

Our best seller has been the SE16, due to the outstanding feel for the puck.
= Heatley. The Iginla is similar also

Old
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
iknowphysics

Send a message via AIM to iknowphysics
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
= Heatley. The Iginla is similar also
Not exactly.

The Forsberg/Zetterberg/Malkin/Modano/etc are 3/8" curves, the Heatley and Iginla are 1/2" curves. There's noticably more curve to the latter two. The Iginla and Heatley blades are identical, except that Iginla has a higher lie (5.5 to 5).

iknowphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowphysics View Post
Not exactly.

The Forsberg/Zetterberg/Malkin/Modano/etc are 3/8" curves, the Heatley and Iginla are 1/2" curves. There's noticably more curve to the latter two. The Iginla and Heatley blades are identical, except that Iginla has a higher lie (5.5 to 5).
I've compared my One90 to an S17 at a shop, they were identical. Factory difference? I made the same comparison to the Zetterberg and it looked right.

Edit: I compared a Heatley to My PM9, Then my PM9 to a Z, the the Z to the Heatley, and they all looked the same.

Last edited by NYRSinceBirth: 02-17-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
IniNew

Forsberg/Modano/Malkin are also the Federov in Warrior/Inno.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:42 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
I've compared my One90 to an S17 at a shop, they were identical. Factory difference? I made the same comparison to the Zetterberg and it looked right.

Edit: I compared a Heatley to My PM9, Then my PM9 to a Z, the the Z to the Heatley, and they all looked the same.
Heatley and Iginla are mid curves, similar to the P88.
The PM9 is a small heel, similar to the Forsberg/Zetterberg.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor View Post
talked to the sports store near me today and they have Warrior Dolomites and Kronic's on sale for $159 cad. He recommended a draper curve. What do you guys think, is the kronic the more durable, better stick?
I use a Draper. It's a bit more open than the Sakic.

Between the two Warriors, I'd take the Dolomite.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 588
I use both a Sakic and a Malkin switching between the two sticks. The curve is almost the same the Malkin is slightly more closed or Sakic is slightly more open.
My Malkin is a bauer (store (Sniper) stick) and it should help with your "tight low passing".

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM
IniNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I use both a Sakic and a Malkin switching between the two sticks. The curve is almost the same the Malkin is slightly more closed or Sakic is slightly more open.
My Malkin is a bauer (store (Sniper) stick) and it should help with your "tight low passing".
Malkin and Sakic are nothing alike :/. The Malkin is a Forsberg clone.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Ragss

I just got a easton s5 in sakic and I'm pretty much in love with the curve, glad to know that Naslund is the Bauer equivalent.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by IniNew View Post
Malkin and Sakic are nothing alike :/. The Malkin is a Forsberg clone.
Ok if you say so.
I have them both next to one another and my untrained eye says that they are close.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:03 AM
bleedgreen

malkin is a flat heel curve, sakic is a huge mid to toe open curve. sakic is a 5.5 lie, malkin is 5 or lower. aside from being both round toed they couldnt be more different. malkin is the forsberg clone.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
kivaerijo

i guess this is the place for this question.

been using the tps sundin blades. and am having the hardest time finding anymore. what would be similar to it. heard the nash and possibly the sakic. any help would be nice

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
I use a Draper. It's a bit more open than the Sakic.

Between the two Warriors, I'd take the Dolomite.
More open than the Sakic? Going out on a limb here, but I doubt you're a defenseman...

Are there others that are more open in the mid to toe than the Sakic?

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote