HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Helluva Rant by the Rodent...

Old
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
the only two guys I like on this team is Lundqvist & Drury
I'm just asking honestly, why do you like Drury? I mean, he seems like an honest, nice guy. But I mean as far as a hockey player and a leader. Why do you like him? I just honestly want to know, I'm very curious. And I'm not trying to be an ass at all. I'm not here to hurt feelings.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I watch every game regardless. I enjoy watching Staal, Dubinsky, Zherdev, Korpikoski, Callahan...all young players developing and learning the ropes. And, I'm looking forward to seeing Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Grachev and Del Zotto join them.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Shake and Bake

I can't get as excited about our prospects anymore since Cherepanov's death...

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I watch every game regardless. I enjoy watching Staal, Dubinsky, Zherdev, Korpikoski, Callahan...all young players developing and learning the ropes. And, I'm looking forward to seeing Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Grachev and Del Zotto join them.
There it is.

We could be looking at a lot of really good hockey over the next 10 years.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So you would rather lose games 4-3 for 7 years than endure a bad 3 week stretch?
3 week stretch? This entire season has been nothing short of nightmare to sit through. Never ever ever has it been this boring. Nobody likes to lose. Missing the playoffs sucks beyond belief. But I repeat, never has it been so utterly boring to sit through a game. Even going to actual games has become a dull experience... amazingly. Look around the stand. People yawning. Playing 7 degrees of separation from Messier. It used to be that going to a hockey game turned anybody into a fan of the game. That used to be the cliche and it was true. Not anymore. At least not with this team.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
In the words of Jim Fassel: "Anyone who wants out, get out." You want to stop being a fan of this team? Fine, good riddance. Go over to Newark with the rest of the former Rangers fans who jumped off between 97 and 2004.

This team is absolutely painful to watch right now. I don't look forward to games, I don't enjoy watching games, they are a painfully boring team void of any emotion or passion and I find myself looking forward to watching late-night western games instead. The Atlanta/LA game last night was as exciting as it gets and those are 2 teams that won't be going anywhere this year.

With that said, if you think this is bad, take a look at the other team that plays in the Garden. Or the LA Clippers. Or the Baltimore Orioles. Or the Detroit Lions. You think we have it bad? These organizations have been a flat-out joke for the last decade and even more. Trust me, it could be a HELL of alot worse.

The Rangers right now are a complete mess and I don't know when it's going to get better. But if you survived going 7 seasons without playoffs and paid good money to watch a team of castoffs get steamrolled night in, night out for all those years, then you can survive this.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:10 AM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I'm just asking honestly, why do you like Drury?
I've been a fan of Drury since his days in Colorado. He's a great leader, I don't care what any of you think. And he is the clutchest player I've ever seen in any sport.

Nobody can lead this team so I don't blame Chris Drury... even the guy in your avy wouldn't be able to lead this team.

I'm probably gonna get flamed to no end but whatever.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:13 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I've been a fan of Drury since his days in Colorado. He's a great leader, I don't care what any of you think. And he is the clutchest player I've ever seen in any sport.

Nobody can lead this team so I don't blame Chris Drury... even the guy in your avy wouldn't be able to lead this team.

Not by me. I like Drury, and I did want the Rangers to sign him. That is, until I realized how much money he was going to get.

I like the guy, but I'd rather not have him and have seven million in cap space.

And Messier already proved how great his leadership is when the team around him sucked, how important he was, both in Vancouver and in his pathetic return. The same would hold true if he was leading this group of garbage.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post

With that said, if you think this is bad, take a look at the other team that plays in the Garden.
Great post. If you posted it last year.

The Knicks brought in a new GM to replace the GM who ran the team into the ground the last whatever years. The new GM has already cleared out the bad contracts, and has the team in great cap position to make trades or sign free agents to get them back to the top of the league in a year and a half.

Our new GM isn't here yet, so the bad contracts remain in place. Possibly for another five years.

The future is a lot brighter for the Knicks than it is for the Rangers.

Last edited by Jersey Girl: 02-18-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:52 AM
McMonster

Atleast the Canadiens are doing something about their struggles.

Today their GM, Bob Gainey, benched Kovalev and sent Sergei Kostitsyn to the minors.

What is Glen Sather doing? Playing golf in Florida probably.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:41 AM
RangersFan88*

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGR

for gods sake if you read this
come back immediately sign a deal 1 million and help us !!!!!
you left your padawan (dubi) he needs you !
and by the way there is a new kid on the block could use your help to
(Nikky-Z)

to be honest i still am true blue. since i'm hockeyfan i'm true blue
but a 3rd era of "dunham/crap/holik/L-ind-drooos/crap"
would make me really really sad

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:01 AM
trademasterb*

It's really a matter of chosing not to support the team as Knicks fans did when they finally had enough. That is the only way you will ever force the moronic Dolan to dump Sather and Renney. If you keep showing up at games, nothing will ever change.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:09 AM
RangersFan88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
It's really a matter of chosing not to support the team as Knicks fans did when they finally had enough. That is the only way you will ever force the moronic Dolan to dump Sather and Renney. If you keep showing up at games, nothing will ever change.
QFT it is that simple one empty arena
everything is changed

RangersFan88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I HATE THIS TEAM. Its the first time in my entire life that i have ever wanted to root against them in hopes of forcing a change. We had a contender last year all we had to do was resign shanny, Avery and Jagr. What did sather do....he didnt replace shanny or straka. Let naslund replace jagr and voros to replace avery. Are you serious. What is going through this numchucks head. This team sucks, as of right now i've stopped even thinking about this season and am simply praying that we do something that allows me to look forward to next season. If i hadn't already paid for my season tickets i would not watch anymore games.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethon2998 View Post
I HATE THIS TEAM. Its the first time in my entire life that i have ever wanted to root against them in hopes of forcing a change. We had a contender last year all we had to do was resign shanny, Avery and Jagr. What did sather do....he didnt replace shanny or straka. Let naslund replace jagr and voros to replace avery. Are you serious. What is going through this numchucks head. This team sucks, as of right now i've stopped even thinking about this season and am simply praying that we do something that allows me to look forward to next season. If i hadn't already paid for my season tickets i would not watch anymore games.
Where were you from 98-2004 ?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
3 week stretch? This entire season has been nothing short of nightmare to sit through. Never ever ever has it been this boring. Nobody likes to lose. Missing the playoffs sucks beyond belief. But I repeat, never has it been so utterly boring to sit through a game. Even going to actual games has become a dull experience... amazingly. Look around the stand. People yawning. Playing 7 degrees of separation from Messier. It used to be that going to a hockey game turned anybody into a fan of the game. That used to be the cliche and it was true. Not anymore. At least not with this team.
Well, personally, if the Rangers are consistently collecting points in the standings, I am entertained. And thats what they were doing up until 3 weeks ago. They werent setting the world afire since the first 13 games or so, but they were avoiding the losing streaks and always keeping themselves in contention.

Im concerned now because they are losing points in the standings at a frantic pace. I could give two ***** about how many style points they may have lost along the way.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Where were you from 98-2004 ?
Probably jumped ship in the spring of 1998. Came back when Jagr was scoring all those pretty, pretty goals!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Not by me. I like Drury, and I did want the Rangers to sign him. That is, until I realized how much money he was going to get.

I like the guy, but I'd rather not have him and have seven million in cap space.

And Messier already proved how great his leadership is when the team around him sucked, how important he was, both in Vancouver and in his pathetic return. The same would hold true if he was leading this group of garbage.
I agree with you guys. Anyone for whom JOE SAKIC can say "You want a goal, you're in overtime – you want him" can be on my team any day of the week.

Now compensation is another question....

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Probably jumped ship in the spring of 1998. Came back when Jagr was scoring all those pretty, pretty goals!
umm wrong buddy i was a fan of the rangers during those years but never did they have a team that was a contender and get our hopes up then absolutely throw it away. After the Gretzky/Messier duo was broken up that was the end of it and although annoyed it was understandable that the Rangers were going to need to rebuild. I've been through enough rebuilding now and last year we had a team that was ready to go all the way with a few small, key additions. Sather dismantled the heart and soul of a team that was ready and brought in a bunch of washed up talent who he hoped would bounce back and replace the guys who carried us. This season is over the most anyone can hope for is that we scrape into the playoffs but even then, what happens a first round sweep. Theres no way were competing with Boston or the Devils for the finals. So may as well start rooting for change. And only if we keep losing does it seem that, that will become a reality. This team does not score, does not play with heart or effort. Even some of the teams from the eight years in hell showed more effort than this bunch of scrubs do.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 04:20 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Well, personally, if the Rangers are consistently collecting points in the standings, I am entertained. And thats what they were doing up until 3 weeks ago. They werent setting the world afire since the first 13 games or so, but they were avoiding the losing streaks and always keeping themselves in contention.

Im concerned now because they are losing points in the standings at a frantic pace. I could give two ***** about how many style points they may have lost along the way.
Well that's just a bit strange from my perspective. Considering that sports are meant to be a form of entertainment. And I'm not talking about style points. I can enjoy a team that will get a huge F for style as long as the effort and work ethic is there.

So you can strip the argument down to "style points" as the complaint. Or you can say that this latest downfall was nothing short of inevitable given their style of play. Understanding that they were never at any point this season some shutdown defensive team. That was just an inaccuracy perpetuated by some fans to justify the high placement in the standings while being outplayed more often than not.

If you play on your heals the way they have all season long, the slightest drop in concentration or alertness or desire to give up the body is going to lead to what we have been witnessing. Renney was doomed to lose these guys from the get go. This is a game of inches and seconds. And they aren't talented enough to play this way and be successful for the long haul. There was no way this group was going to stay motivated and playing on the edge, given the momentum of their games. Whether they were racking up W's or not. At no point this season did they have genuine confidence.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Chimp

As some else have said, watching Rangers play feels like a job nowadays. It ain't entertaining, it ain't fun to watch. It's just gruesome and torturing.

This monday was the first game I've actively decided not to watch since I became a NYR fan. And sadly, more of these are to come.

It's just not worth it. I can't stay up losing sleep (living in Europe) without getting anything back, than feeling bad by watching the horrible product on ice (and then losing even more sleep having trouble sleeping).

It has come to the point where I've lost alot of interest watching, because it's simply not worth it.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Fletch

Bluenote...

ya know what's weird - I rooted harder for those crappy teams from 98-2004 than I have for recent teams. Heck, for much of that time I was a season ticket holder, willing to eat 20 pairs of seats each season. Weird. Can't really explain.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:13 PM
MadHookUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
ya know what's weird - I rooted harder for those crappy teams from 98-2004 than I have for recent teams. Heck, for much of that time I was a season ticket holder, willing to eat 20 pairs of seats each season. Weird. Can't really explain.
I agree. I liked those teams better. Honestly I think the despair many fans are feeling is caused by the salary cap. Yes... the 98-04 teams were worse. Not even close to a playoff team while with this one is in the hunt. But this roster is incredibly boring, and most fans will agree that pending an amazing trade by the Rangers, this team will get worse in the upcoming years. Between the salary cap getting lower, and players needing raises, we cant afford to keep this team together in the next 2 years.

Now with the 98-04 Rangers there was always a trade deadline to look forward to or July 1st. The Checkmates and the FLY line were entertaining to watch. We had Barnaby making things interesting. Even Simon was pretty fun for a short time.

This team doesnt have single line that is fun to watch. We have no big hitters, or agitators. I have to say, I did watch tonights game in full. Hard to miss an Islanders vs Rangers game. Overall the game wasnt that great, but oddly I was pretty entertained. Maybe it was my low expectations.

God I hope we get Avery back...

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote