HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Kovalev possibly linked to Columbus

Old
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Rumor: Kovalev possibly linked to Columbus

Watched Hockey Central at noon with Kypper and Darrin Mallard and it was quite interesting to watch and listen to.

Kypper, a guy who has played with Kovy in the past stated that this isn't the first time a Coach or GM has went out to get Kovalev to smarten up (The Keenan experiment of keeping him out for almost a period because of long shifts), players like Jagr have tried to talk to him and so on.

Kypper said that after playing 15 years and people trying to get him to play to his potential and to re-act from these type of things it han't worked and never will. He doesn't think Gainey is sending him a message, he thinks it is a stay at home until we trade you type of deal.

He said that he had heard that Columbus maybe interested at this time because they are in the playoff hunt and can now take on such a salary.

Return for Montreal would be pretty much the same thing they paid for Schnieder. He thinks Gainey is doing it this way so he rids salary of Kovalev to make a trade to Phoenix to take on Jokinen's salary.

Thoughts?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Well if Phoenix wants no part of Kovalev, a deal like this makes sense.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Watched Hockey Central at noon with Kypper and Darrin Mallard and it was quite interesting to watch and listen to.

Kypper, a guy who has played with Kovy in the past stated that this isn't the first time a Coach or GM has went out to get Kovalev to smarten up (The Keenan experiment of keeping him out for almost a period because of long shifts), players like Jagr have tried to talk to him and so on.

Kypper said that after playing 15 years and people trying to get him to play to his potential and to re-act from these type of things it han't worked and never will. He doesn't think Gainey is sending him a message, he thinks it is a stay at home until we trade you type of deal.

He said that he had heard that Columbus maybe interested at this time because they are in the playoff hunt and can now take on such a salary.

Return for Montreal would be pretty much the same thing they paid for Schnieder. He thinks Gainey is doing it this way so he rids salary of Kovalev to make a trade to Phoenix to take on Jokinen's salary.

Thoughts?
So he'd heard about Columbus 'cause of HF, or does he actually listens to Quebec's radio?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

The MTL-CLB link has definitively been made in the last couple hours. I heard a return of Peca and Picard, and now they say draft picks.

Of course, this could be all made up.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
The MTL-CLB link has definitively been made in the last couple hours. I heard a return of Peca and Picard, and now they say draft picks.

Of course, this could be all made up.
God, I hope not.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
God, I hope not.
Hear hear.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So he'd heard about Columbus 'cause of HF, or does he actually listens to Quebec's radio?
It was at noon Eastern Time, I don't think Kypper listen's to Quebec media.

Old
02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Thoughts?
If Kovalev was pissed with Carbonneau's defensive system, I wonder how he will react to Hitchcock system! BDRs!

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
Well if Phoenix wants no part of Kovalev, a deal like this makes sense.
Any pick coming in return to the Habs would then probably be flipped to the Yotes for Jokinen.

Makes sense, they rid a salary and don't take any on in Phoenix (just picks) and Montreal free's salary up in moving Kovy to take on Jokinen.

Old
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
If Kovalev was pissed with Carbonneau's defensive system, I wonder how he will react to Hitchcock system! BDRs!
Don't think he is being added to back check, he is there to bring complimentary scoring to Nash.

Old
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

You know, anybody can make an educated guess or a wish disguised as a guess and pass it off as a rumor or a leak. At the end of the day, it's simply that, a guess, or a fabrication at worse.

But in fact, leaking of information pertaining to talent movement is shunned upon in hockey. If you get caught doing it, like Brian Lawton has, then trust in you goes down the toilet and people will throw you under the train instead of doing business. Like Bob did with Lawton on Monday.

I know from experience that very few people know of trade talks. The GMs, the senior scouts, nowadays the cap crunchers, MAYBE the coach if he didn't ask for the move to begin with, and then the player if he either asked to be traded, had to agree to be traded, or has a stature that is such that he had to be told.

IF the player is told he's traded, that's when the serious leakage starts because the guy on the move definitively calls his agent and his family and some friends. Those people will then talk and the pyramid of contacts get the news and it spreads. Agents in particular are quite the vectors of breaking news. If I didn't know any better, I'd be tempted to say some media outfits have some agents on their payroll.

That's why I don't believe in rumor mongering. I've lived trades and you just never hear of it until it's done. If you don't hear of it in the junior ranks, I can't imagine it being more of transparent process in the pros.

Old
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
GoodKiwi

If we could get a draft pick or two from Columbus, I'd be all over this if I were Gainey.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Artyukhin*

THERE IS a Hunting and fishing show on RDS right now . This could be a sign?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

If its Columbus, it is probably because Bob still things Gilbert Brule plays there.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
If we could get a draft pick or two from Columbus, I'd be all over this if I were Gainey.
Especially if he has Jokinen coming from PHX. Jokinen with Koivu? FINNISH POWER!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Bye bye Kovalev!

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Waaaaay more than Picard that's for sure. I would even consider a pick and a Marc Methot.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Bye bye Kovalev!
ill miss when they announce his name after he scores a goal at the Bell Centre

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Especially if he has Jokinen coming from PHX. Jokinen with Koivu? FINNISH POWER!
Eh, no. I would not be thrilled with that Phoenix deal.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Theberge43

Quote:
Ok this is becoming too much of a fanboy's wetdream ...

While giving away Kovalev to CBS for next to nothing is a possibility, why would Phoenix give us Jokinen for nothing when they paid for him last year !???

Theberge43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neofury*

Quote:
Only if those picks/whatever can be flipped to get Jokinen imo is this really worthwhile.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
windycity

what should I do with the Kovalev jersey my in-laws got me (nice of them but if they'd asked me which one I wanted I would have said Markov)

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

vCash: 460
Quote:
Hell, I'd start watching the Habs if this happened.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
what should I do with the Kovalev jersey my in-laws got me (nice of them but if they'd asked me which one I wanted I would have said Markov)
Advice: Never buy Canadiens jerseys with russian names on them.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
THERE IS a Hunting and fishing show on RDS right now . This could be a sign?

The kind of crap they always air at this hour on weekdays. When nobody's watching. Except you. They have this kind of programming until 5PM today.

I wish they would run athletics and amateur sports instead of it. TSN has high school football. Got no idea who the kids are, but I'm there. I guess the fishing show costs less to do and that's why RDS airs it.