HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Any word on Hamrlik? Was he injured?

Old
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Any word on Hamrlik? Was he injured?

Hammer took a shot off his foot in the third and had to leave the game. Did he return? Any word?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
He didn't return.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

No news yet, but I'm guessing we'll learn more in the morning.

02-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Aw crap.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:44 AM
TomPlex

Good. Let the ****er sit out with an injury. I'd rather have O'B or Breezer in at this point. Hammer (along with Komo) has been TERRIBLE defensively all year long. Maybe an injury to him would do us good.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:49 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Good. Let the ****er sit out with an injury. I'd rather have O'B or Breezer in at this point. Hammer (along with Komo) has been TERRIBLE defensively all year long. Maybe an injury to him would do us good.
Stay classy San Diego.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Stay classy San Diego.
You're a filthy pirate hooker.

Old
02-19-2009, 02:46 AM
MisterTrep

Quote:
I hope you just forgot to put the emoticon.

MisterTrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Corgidequebec

Quote:
Are you serious?

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Agalloch

Komisarek made a few bad mistakes yesterday (first goal was his fault) but Hammer played a good game.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
last year, and as little as a week ago, losing hamr would've been catastrophic, but schneider was amazing last night and i expect the same going forward.

hopefully he's not out long, but i won't hate seeing o'b, dandy [tanguay should be back soon, so he can move to D] or brise for a game or two if he does have to miss a couple (knock on wood)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
You guys do realize that if Hamrlik is out then it's Brisebois that will be playing. That's not a good thing.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Samuelson

Quote:

That just made my day

Samuelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
TomPlex

The amount of homer'ism on this board is amazing. Kovy gets the guillotine regularly but a guy like Hammer or Komo gets a free f'in pass. You guys are BLIND if you think they've been playing ANYWHERE near as well as last year.

Pay closer attention to the two of them when they have the puck. You'll almost never see a smart move. Every pass they make is a nervous one and almost always fails. How many times has Komo tried to bank it up off the boards to a forward instead of passing back along the boards to an open defenseman? And how many times out of 10 does it fail? Same goes for Hammer.

Old
02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
The amount of homer'ism on this board is amazing. Kovy gets the guillotine regularly but a guy like Hammer or Komo gets a free f'in pass. You guys are BLIND if you think they've been playing ANYWHERE near as well as last year.

Pay closer attention to the two of them when they have the puck. You'll almost never see a smart move. Every pass they make is a nervous one and almost always fails. How many times has Komo tried to bank it up off the boards to a forward instead of passing back along the boards to an open defenseman? And how many times out of 10 does it fail? Same goes for Hammer.
Kovy gets the guillotine for lack of effort, among other reasons. Both Komi and Hamr have played badly, but the effort is there.....

Komi's been terrible during this slump, but I thought he played better last night. Hamr looked bad on the first two goals, although the pass he tried to reach on Ovechkin's goal was way too far out of reach....

On that goal, did Komi go for a change? Chipchura and Dandenault were the only ones coming back chasing Ovechkin. Hamr's defense partner was nowhere to be seen.

Last edited by Joe Malone: 02-19-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: misspelling
Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:40 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Stay classy San Diego.

I ****ing love that movie.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Hemlor

umm, I don't know if it's what you said in your post that has garnered the response it has, I believe it was your approach, essentially hoping for a player will be injured, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed...oh and your 'filthy pirate hooker' was also a bit, ummm, crass. I agree that Komi and Hammer struggled a bit in the first half but they started to play better in the second half, and Markov had his best game in a long time.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

So no updates yet I'm guessing?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
GoodKiwi

I hear that Scheider could play left or right side, so if Hamrlik is out for tonight should our lines look something like:

Markov-Komisarek
Schneider-Brisebois
Bouillon-Gorges

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Since when is the last 3 weeks "all year long".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
tollb2

Quote:

WOW .. i know he hasent been playing great latley but hardley deservs to sit . Komo needs a wake up back hand to the chops . but once the team gets on a roll again i imagin he will be back to being a force

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:13 AM
rocketlives

Komi hasn't been the same since he came back from the injuries he suffered when he was beaten up badly by Milan Lucic in the first half of the season. Some say he'll get $6M/yr in the UFA derby in July. I wouldn't give him $4M. He can hit and block all the shots he want, he remains a mediocre defenseman.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Magic33

I hope he's back because he is most definitely better than brisebois, but Hammer was awful last night. He was beat to every single puck and was beat in a lot of one on one situations.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

You made my day

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
JAVO16

Quote:

Hamrlik didn't play a very good game yesterday and had trouble making a good breakout pass, but you have to consider the fact that he was paired against Ovechkin very often with Komo because Carbo tried to make a shutdown pair. Hamrlik normally has a pretty good breakout pass. Komo however has been terrible these days and I hope he bounces back because we need him.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote