HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wilson: "Price a shell of himself"

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2009, 10:57 AM
hockeyscribe22

vCash: 500
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Price has proven to be a mental liability. Its not a stretch at all for people to say he was rushed. It wouldn't be the first time a goalie was given to much to soon..
Someone can just chat hockey and see through the fog of being a fan. Price will be a future Vezina, probably many times, and will a cup or probably a few. But the bottom line is, something has been off with him lately and this was simply my opinion of what it may be. Not bashing him or the Habs.

Slainte,

Murph

Old
02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Here's Ron Wilson talking about the slumping Price and how they're trying not to let that happen to Pogge.

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...9_080433_15520

The Pogge talk starts around the 2:30 mark.

I definitely agree that Price was rushed and I think Rollie Melanson should be canned!

Slainte,

Murph
I duno about the rest of you but yesterday Price made one of the biggest saves in weeks against the best player in the NHL. 1 Goal was a deflection. So IMO he played his best game in almost 2 months. SO I have faith in Price.

Old
02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Huet looks real good these days eh?

Did Wilson not say that? Sorry I couldn't put the whole conversation in a title. And I know a lot more about Melanson than you may so spare me the stones you're throwing because they're ending up wide right and wide left, unlike every shot hurled at many of the goalies Melanson works with at one point in time, FIVE-HOLE!

Slainte,

Murph
The only thing I care is that Huet did good when he was a Hab, after not doing much in LA. If he sucks in Hawkland, I don't give a ****. Are you going to try and say Huet wasn't good when he was here?

As for you knowing more about Melanson, your comments don't seem to show that, instead your comments show a boston fan starting ****

Old
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Joe Cole

Why was this even asked of a coach from another team in the same division?

Did we expect him to throw flowers at Price?

pffffff

Old
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Here's Ron Wilson talking about the slumping Price and how they're trying not to let that happen to Pogge.

I definitely agree that Price was rushed and I think Rollie Melanson should be canned!

Slainte,

Murph
Wilson is a bitter little man.

Pogie is not where Price was at 19.

Price was not rushed, thew only mistake they made in his case was not having a vceteran to back him up since the Huet trade.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
AH

Quote:
Someone can just chat hockey and see through the fog of being a fan. Price will be a future Vezina, probably many times, and will a cup or probably a few. But the bottom line is, something has been off with him lately and this was simply my opinion of what it may be. Not bashing him or the Habs.
No ***** sherlock. He has had a high ankle sprain he's been fighting.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Slainte,

Murph
Don't try to BS us, look at your comments about Melanson, clearly you are trying to stir up ****, so don't be surprised when posters here take offense at a boston fan making comments about the Habs goalie coach and their goalies past and present.

Old
number 11

lol wilson doesn't want to do the same with price....so he hangs pogge out to dry for 6 and 5 goal massacres. price needs to play to gain experience, and the decision to give him the number 1 spot was an excellent one. talk to me when price is 25 years old. you don't build a vezina goalie by letting him rot in the AHL when he's clearly above playing in the minors. murph...stirring up **** in here isn't going to get people to listen to your show.

Old
AH

Quote:
Trust me, the only reason Carbo and Melanson are still around is because Gainey has what you don't have, class. He also has loyalty to his friends.

Slainte,

Murph
...And because you do ...

...And BTW, I never listen to that college radio station you claim to work for time to time.... It's a piece of crap, much like the people they employ...

Old
zurg999

Quote:
What they're doing with Pogge isn't exactly the best thing either. In my eyes, either leave him up or down, don't treat him like a yo-yo!

By the way, no Guinness yet, but would be nice for lunch!

Slainte,

Murph
There's slow and then there's the Leafs. There's a reason Pogge wasn't even given a full-time job at the AHL level, and he's only in Toronto now because of desperation on Wilson's part. Unlike Price who earned the confidence of the org.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Don't try to BS us, look at your comments about Melanson, clearly you are trying to stir up ****, so don't be surprised when posters here take offense at a boston fan making comments about the Habs goalie coach and their goalies past and present.
That's true. A well concealed troll is still a troll. In fact, it's the kind I dislike the most.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Mustafa*

Dont take it personnal Murph, but you're a notorious Habs hater, some of us read the Bruins board from time to time. Your opinion regarding the Bruins i respect it, but everything regarding the Habs i can never trust if you are honnest.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:

Slainte,

Murph
Murph,

'S e muncaidh na toine gun eanchainnba tha annad.

Caper

Old
02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Kafka

Quote:

Slainte,

Murph
Ha Ha Ha... When you start at the floor level, it's hard to fall down.

You can't put Pogge in the same category as Price. Looking at how Higgins and Price played yesterday, it seems those two have learn their lesson.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
hockeyscribe22

Good job moderating there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

My apologies to those who showed class here but thought I was trying to start up something negative. Mods please feel free to delete thread.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Lucius

Typically once you single handedly win a championship at one level, it's time to move you to the next. In a perfect world, I think Huet staying last year might have been good. Give him one year to see the playoffs before he starts in them, but hindsight is 20/20 and Halak deserved to move up too.

Pogge on the other hand is being rushed for no apparent reason. If Wilson doesn't trust Joseph to start, trade for a backup or claim one of the goalies who keeps getting waived (Dubie?) and use him. There is no reason to keep throwing Pogge in. He has not shown himself to be a #1 in the AHL yet, let alone the NHL. It's unfair to him and the team. I am sure he could get some wins in Detroit, but with Toronto in front of him, this is just cruel.

Look at the Senators, despite their issues, they never rushed Elliot in. Now they have a solid goalie.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
LeMAD

How old is Price again? How many goalies were good at that age? Melanson is doing a fine job dealing with a kid who has the toughest job in hockey.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Mtl6

The difference is: Price is good, Pogge isn't, at least not right now.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
AH

Anyways...

What Wilson was doing was making excuses as to why Pogge wan't being thrown in there more regularly. He used Price's recent meltdown between the pipes and in front of the microphone to say that goaltending is a tough position and they are simply trying to protect Pogge.

In other words, he doesn't think Pogge is ready to handle the pressure Price is facing right now.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Habs

I've been insulting Price a lot lately, but he was really good last night.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Ok I'm not going to sit here all day cleaning up crap.

Closed Thread