HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vinny Damphousse to Avs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2004, 01:57 AM
  #51
kenny #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Personally i dont see Damphousse joining the Avs to play center... i think his days as a center are over, and will be moved to wing full time. Tanguay played center in junior.. he could possibly move to center full time, now that Forsberg may possibly be gone.

With Forsberg

Tanguay - Forsberg - Hejduk
Damphousse - Sakic - Svatos
Konowalchuk - Gratton - Lapperierre
Laaksonen - McLean - Hinote

Without Forsberg

Damphousse - Sakic - Svatos
Konowalchuk - Tanguay - Hejduk
Laaksonen - Gratton - Lapperiere
McLean - Hendrickson - Hinote

kenny #9 is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 02:16 AM
  #52
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
soft? i beg to differ. less dangerous offensively is the words you're looking for. not soft.
Joe Sakic, Alex Tanguay, Milan Hedjuk, Vincent Damphousse, Marek Svatos.. The Avs top 6 is extremely soft. Mega skilled, but soft none-the-less.

Ajacied is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 02:16 AM
  #53
cstu
Registered User
 
cstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
I think if PL knew for sure that Forsberg wasn't coming back, he probably would've taken a shot at one of the bigger names on the market.

cstu is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 03:04 AM
  #54
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
And Colorado will once again wallow away into oblivion...

Wow! There are about 28 GMs who wished their squad would "wallow away" like Colorado.

...because they are buying players instead of developing players...

Actually, they are augmenting a roster with numerous homegrown players, including their core (Tanguay, Hedjuk, Sakic, Foote, etc.), with talent from outside.

...through their (horrendous) system

You mean that same "horrendous" system that enabled them to acquire within the last 12 months: Konowalchuk, Barnaby, Gratton, Boughner, and Vaananen? Odd how other teams wanted their horrendous prospects, no?

...and bringing in players who fill actual roles as opposed to players who are well-known names because of their scoring prowess.

That statement would have held water last summer. Not this one. Any comparison between their pickups this summer and the Kariya/Selanne signings is false.

Players who know how to play vs. Players who know how to score.

Please name one such player acquired this summer. Certainly not Damphousse.

Haven't people learned by now?

How to build and maintain a perennial contender? From Lacroix? Yes.

I can't wait to see the state of this franchise in 3 years...

Yes, the sky is clearly falling in Colorado ....Just like Atlanta is going to be a dynasty.

***

This is a clear sign that Forsberg is not returning?

Riiiiiight.

More like continued wishful thinking on the part of fans of other Western teams...the very same folks who have been raising this pure speculation as fact...for years! :lol


Last edited by Trottier: 08-19-2004 at 03:15 AM.
Trottier is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 03:18 AM
  #55
sharkyz15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Dirty Dirty SC
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sharkyz15 Send a message via Yahoo to sharkyz15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
the way i see it is there are 2 possibilities:

option 1 with forsberg:

tanguay-forsberg-hejduk
damphousse-sakic-svatos
konowalchuk-gratton-laperreire
laaksoonon-hendrickson-hinote
worrell-mclean-hahl

or option 2 with no forsberg

konowalchuk-sakic-hedjuk
tanguay-damphousse-svatos
laaksoonon-gratton-laperreire
worrell-hendrickson-hinote

either way looks like the avs have one if not the best forward crops in the league on paper.

I dont think either lineup is good enough to win the CUP
Aside from Tangua-foresberg/sakic-Hejduk line, this team has Zero chemistry

Tampa Bay, San Jose, and Ottawa all have better TEAMS

I would Love Doug Wilson to Sighn Paul Kariya and play him with Marleau and Sturm.

sharkyz15 is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 04:01 AM
  #56
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Thank you Trottier for pointing out the obvious.

If I didn't know better I'da guessed that this is gkj's first year following the NHL.

Ensane is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 04:02 AM
  #57
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyz15
I dont think either lineup is good enough to win the CUP
Aside from Tangua-foresberg/sakic-Hejduk line, this team has Zero chemistry

Tampa Bay, San Jose, and Ottawa all have better TEAMS

I would Love Doug Wilson to Sighn Paul Kariya and play him with Marleau and Sturm.
Ahahah, ok now, lets be realistic and not let that hometown bias win over rational thought.

Ensane is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 05:29 AM
  #58
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 60,503
vCash: 50
All because they trade for Dampouse does not mean Peter F is not coming back----

With Paul K and TEemu S gone--it seems that Vinny will be replacing them

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
  #59
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
After watching Vincent Damphousse elevate his play in the playoffs, and taking into consideration his strong ties to the Avalanche management, players and organization, how in the world could anybody complain about a 1 year, $2 M deal?

Great move by Pierre Lacroix, but then again, we've come to expect his brilliant transactions by now.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 10:33 AM
  #60
hoserthehorrible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
There's an aweful lot of people who don't follow the Avs closely who seem to think that Forsberg's decision is already final and that he's just playing a "I've got a secret" game with everyone. There's no reason he would keep his decision a secret at this point if he had already made up his mind. If he has in fact made a final decision then why would he simply not just announce it and move on? There's no valid reason for him to keep everyone in the dark if he had in fact made any final decisions.

The fact is, he hasn't signed with either Colorado or with Modo and he's said numerous times he's waiting until after the World Cup to see how the CBA negotiations are going before deciding what to do. It seems extremely obvious he's simply keeping his options open until there's something more definite with the CBA or until time runs out and there's a lockout. It seems quite obvious that if there is a lockout in the NHL then he will give Modo a shot. If the CBA gets resolved then he'll play for the Avs. I don't see why this simple logic is so hard to understand?

The only mystery that I can see is what he might do if the CBA gets resolved mid season and he's already played half a season with Modo. Then he'll have a decision to make and if he's smart he'll sign a Modo contract that will allow him to come back to the NHL if/when the CBA is resolved.

hoserthehorrible is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 10:57 AM
  #61
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
There's an aweful lot of people who don't follow the Avs closely who seem to think that Forsberg's decision is already final and that he's just playing a "I've got a secret" game with everyone. There's no reason he would keep his decision a secret at this point if he had already made up his mind. If he has in fact made a final decision then why would he simply not just announce it and move on? There's no valid reason for him to keep everyone in the dark if he had in fact made any final decisions.

The fact is, he hasn't signed with either Colorado or with Modo and he's said numerous times he's waiting until after the World Cup to see how the CBA negotiations are going before deciding what to do. It seems extremely obvious he's simply keeping his options open until there's something more definite with the CBA or until time runs out and there's a lockout. It seems quite obvious that if there is a lockout in the NHL then he will give Modo a shot. If the CBA gets resolved then he'll play for the Avs. I don't see why this simple logic is so hard to understand?

The only mystery that I can see is what he might do if the CBA gets resolved mid season and he's already played half a season with Modo. Then he'll have a decision to make and if he's smart he'll sign a Modo contract that will allow him to come back to the NHL if/when the CBA is resolved.

Hmmmm.... retire or come back to the NHL and make 10 million dollars....Hmmmm...
what to do, what to do?

he`ll be back, not to worry

habs_24x is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 01:27 PM
  #62
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Joe Sakic, Alex Tanguay, Milan Hedjuk, Vincent Damphousse, Marek Svatos.. The Avs top 6 is extremely soft. Mega skilled, but soft none-the-less.
in your initial statement, you mentioned the avs would be mega soft up front (which I took as the entire crop of forwards the avs have). gratton, konowalchuk, lapperriere, and worrell certainly make up for any "lack of toughness" by the top 5 (not 6). and fyi, Sakic, svatos, and damphousse are known to be gritty players. colorado can still win the cup with this group of forwards....this i am confident of.

fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 04:35 PM
  #63
Yayo
 
Yayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyz15
I would Love Doug Wilson to Sighn Paul Kariya and play him with Marleau and Sturm.
You talk about "zero chemistry" and now you make a comment like this?

Yayo is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 04:51 PM
  #64
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time
You talk about "zero chemistry" and now you make a comment like this?
What, is there some sort of "anti-chemistry" field around Kariya? You have no clue if he'd have chemistry with Marleau and Sturm.

That's the thing with chemistry. You don't know it's there until you actually mix them together.

PecaFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.