HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Murray, Ehrhoff, Cheechoo

Old
02-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
I'll toss out 2 trades for people to tear up:

(after the playoffs and when Clowe's re-signed):
1. Cheechoo for Hamhuis (balance it out w/ prospect or a pick (3-5 in 2010) if need be)

2. Ehrhoff to ?? for a 1st (2009) and a decent LW/RW prospect.

For the Sharks:
- Hamhuis slots Ehrhoff's role at a cheaper price
- Replenish our forward prospect pool (bit shallow w/ just McGinn, Couture and Bonino)
- Get a #1 in a deep draft
- Use the increased cap space to sign Clowe ($4m), Blake ($1.5m/$2) w/ money left over to fill the rest of the lineup w/ somewhat decent players. (What to do w/ Grier is the next question. Not sure there yet.)

For Nashville:
- Get a legit scorer on their top 6 at a decent cap hit. Even though Cheechoo's scoring is down , as many have pointed out, it's due to him playing a different role (3rd line checker - and the Sharks 3rd line is hobbled by offensively challenged players in Goc and Grier). W/ Nashville, he'd be a top 6 and should be evaluated as such, IMO.

For ?? (who gets Ehrhoff):
- Get a legit, fast, young dman who slots well into the 3/4 role.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks junkie View Post
I'll toss out 2 trades for people to tear up:

(after the playoffs and when Clowe's re-signed):
1. Cheechoo for Hamhuis (balance it out w/ prospect or a pick (3-5 in 2010) if need be)

2. Ehrhoff to ?? for a 1st (2009) and a decent LW/RW prospect.

For the Sharks:
- Hamhuis slots Ehrhoff's role at a cheaper price
- Replenish our forward prospect pool (bit shallow w/ just McGinn, Couture and Bonino)
- Get a #1 in a deep draft
- Use the increased cap space to sign Clowe ($4m), Blake ($1.5m/$2) w/ money left over to fill the rest of the lineup w/ somewhat decent players. (What to do w/ Grier is the next question. Not sure there yet.)

For Nashville:
- Get a legit scorer on their top 6 at a decent cap hit. Even though Cheechoo's scoring is down , as many have pointed out, it's due to him playing a different role (3rd line checker - and the Sharks 3rd line is hobbled by offensively challenged players in Goc and Grier). W/ Nashville, he'd be a top 6 and should be evaluated as such, IMO.

For ?? (who gets Ehrhoff):
- Get a legit, fast, young dman who slots well into the 3/4 role.
I'll be the first to admit I have not watched a lot of Hamhuis this season, but to me, he in no way replaces Ehrhoff. He's not as fast, he's not as good defensively, he's about equal offensively (although not as good carrying the puck up the ice, something the Sharks NEED), and he's just as inconsistent as Ehrhoff.

I don't see the need for the trade. Just trade Cheechoo for picks and/or prospects and be done with it.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Sanderson

I'm not so sure if Nashville has all that much interest in such a deal. If they trade Hamhuis, they better get someone back who has done something recently. Of course Cheechoo could return to form, but Nashville isn't really a team that can waste assets on players who "could" perform, they need players who do.

Apart from that, Hamhuis can't replace Ehrhoff, they are completely different types of defenseman.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I'm not so sure if Nashville has all that much interest in such a deal. If they trade Hamhuis, they better get someone back who has done something recently. Of course Cheechoo could return to form, but Nashville isn't really a team that can waste assets on players who "could" perform, they need players who do.

Apart from that, Hamhuis can't replace Ehrhoff, they are completely different types of defenseman.
Agreed. I would love to add Hambius to a d-core including Ehrhoff not in place of him. With that said it would cost more than Cheechoo.

I am jealous of Nashville's D: Hambius, Weber, Suter, Blum, Zanon, Klein, Franson, Sulzer. Are you serious?

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks junkie View Post
Instead of Boyle, how about Purcell or Moller? Sharks have plenty of C's but are short on LW/RW prospects
I'd do Purcell.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
FAL

Just came to say it's nice seeing the respect paid to Christian Ehrhoff in this thread. I remember sharks fans havin' a bad time with him especially defensively about 3 years ago, but he turned it around.

FAL is offline   Reply With Quote