HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Engels on MTL press

Old
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
so kovy told the truth to dreger????
At least Dreger gave Kovy the opportunity to speak on the matter rather than race for the barrel of ink.

De Foy is scum.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
At least Dreger gave Kovy the opportunity to speak on the matter rather than race for the barrel of ink.

De Foy is scum.

And you're a random hockey fan that knows frankly....nothing.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Travis Moen

I'm listening to Yvon Pednault on CKAC and I can't believe the amount of ******** that comes out of his mouth.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah lap dog, that's cute. Can't come up with anything better? Ain't surprising. Except you've had your ass handed to you many times here on the board by many posters. So I think the more appropriate analogy is someone with a level-headed opinion (me) talking to a media parrot.

The media parrots are the ones who are sickening, because they can't form nor back-up their "opinions" for the simple reason that they repeat everything they hear from the media... and we all know how negative the media is. So if you wanna spot a parrot of the media, look for someone who is negative towards the Habs, and who can't back up his "opinion" and when challenged to back-up his opinions, the parrot will bleet out inanities like "rose colored glasses bwack!!" "cheerleading bwack!!".

I don't generally read the media so whatever, nice you had to identify yourself in that bolded statement because any free thinking individual can see you for the pom pom carrier that you are.

Level headed is a joke, I see you tossing nothing but veiled insults around like Gainey is your boyfriend. Your "facts" are nothing but opinion but you have no problem passing them off as fact, if someone tries to wade in with an opinion you attack them and rant and rave how they are parrots.

I've had my ass handed to me have I? That would be a first, but atleast I don't hand myself my own ass like you do everytime you make a post. Keep suckling at Gaineys nipple though.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Yea but what's the point of Engels "pilling on"? He doesn't say anything that any posters here couldn't have said. He act like a zombie basicaly saying "it's a circus, TSN contacted Kovy, etc...". Like if Defoy would have contacted Kovalev he would have said something other than "I didn't say that".
The entire point is that Defoy didn't contact Kovalev.

That's journalism 101, contact the person involved. It's common sense.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I really can't stand Bob Gainey right now. Him of all people should know to deal with things in Montreal in private. This **** storm is to be expected when a move like this is made there, and its overall effect can't be positive.
If Kovy had to be forced off the team (which he did because he was a downer on so many levels), then the GM was required to make a statement to the fans.

Gainey had to do it... and he did not do it lightly.

All lazy f***s should be kicked off the team. period.

oh yeah... kick off the headcases too.

Gordy Howe would've punched Kovy in the face in the locker room for his sulking and selfish play.

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Judge Sauer*

Wow, so I guess we've split the boards between:
*People who believe credible sources who substantiate the news (TSN)
*Anyone who calls themselves reporters/columnists who ran a story without proof.

How many times does the local media have to be caught BS'ing 'til we demand some sort of responsibility on their part?

****, PJ even starts rumours for fun to test others to see how much of a ****** they are.

I can tell you one thing. I could anonymously call De Foy one day and claim to be the teams bus driver and claim that Andrei K and Kostopulous got into a heated argument because Tom plays first line minutes in some games, Segeri got sent down, Kovy refuses the A for the rest of the season, and any thing else. I'd tell him not to nick me because I don't want to lose my job.
Guarantee you this story goes out as the truth.

Too many Jayson Blairs in the local media for some time now.

ps
I'm claiming that they're Jayson Blair's because no one ever seems to be able to substantiate their drivel except for each other who bandwagon on the flamefest journalism.

Ask yourself first from now on, "is this possible? Is there a credible source? Does this person have a history of BS'ing?"

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote