HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The CIS University Cup

Old
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
AUS Fan

vCash: 500
I recall that game. When I saw who the ref was, I figured you guys were doomed. But he actually did a very good job.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 09:01 AM
AUShockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Usually a CW ref will do games out of his conference and same for AUS or OUA. The linesmen can mix or match. The best officials from the round robin will do the Final, so these guys are trying to do their best and not be homers.
To AUShockeyfan - Home ice didn't do much for UdeM or UNB or the local OUA teams in Kitchener to pick six of the past eight years. Only UofA benefited by playing in their own barn. As far as UNB losing to 'X', they played an AUS final type game Friday against SMU and I think they had a bit of a letdown against 'X'. I didn't see the game, but am reliably informed that 'X' got a couple of lucky bounces and then counted on Battochio to hold the fort. I also wouldn't label SMU as inconsistent with six and five game winning streaks, winning 3 of 4 against the number 2 team in the country and losing one in OT. The unexpected losses have been goaltender and not team problems. Having said this, nothing is written in stone and the games still have to be played and feces occurs. But I would put my money on a UNB - SMU final. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last time. But welcome to the Board, it's good to have another "local" around.
It's hard to argue those points, inparticular the winning streaks they have put together, but I know with the guys I watch the games with, there are more than a few who are concerned about this SMU team. Truthfully, with the exception of SMUs first victory over UNB in OT at the Forum, I have yet to see this team play a steady 60 min. Hockey game. They were lucky against UNB last time at the Forum, they were not impressive against Acadia Wednesday, they were horrible against Dal 2-3 weeks ago at the Forum. But with big "goals for" totals and averaging 5+ gpg, maybe it's easy to overlook the little hiccups...

And thank you for the welcome, it's nice to see so many people having such huge interests in AUS and CIS sport - Hockey inparticular.

AUShockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
gnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic rd View Post
Yeah i was at both Laurier games, they played the trap and Laurier didnt get as many quality chances as they normally do, but the nations #1 offense still scored enough

Lakehead had alot of shots on MacDougald i admit, however, VERY few were scoring chances, alot of shots from the boards and ticky-tack bounces, 120 minutes and MacDougald made maybe 2 or 3 great saves
Lakehead’s pretty banged up right now. When you have defensemen playing up on the wing you know you’re in trouble. The Wolves had scored like 6 goals in 5 games going into the weekend against Laurier, so it was no surprise when they decided to play the trap. It’s unfortunate for Laurier fans really, it seems they got cheated out of what should have been the best hockey in the oua schedule … the 'uninspred' play of some of the Lakehead players of late is a bit upsetting, and it really showed when they were swept by Waterloo ... that kind of play won't cut it at the nationals!

The Wolves had 5 scratches last night against Western due to injury or illness. Sill hoping for home ice in the first round, coach McKee decided to put Brown and Alphonso back in the lineup hoping to spark some offence. I think it was a questionable call considering it was quite obvious that neither player was ready to come back, although Alphonso did score a goal. The 5-1 win over Western was the best I’ve seen Lakehead play since the Varsity Cup.

Once Lakehead starts getting some players back they should slowly get back up to par, it may just be too late as the playoffs start next week … if they do end up out the running for the Queens cup it might not be such a bad thing, it would be a good chance to get players healed up for the nationals, plus, getting the #3 seed this year would not be advantageous, the way I see it anyways …

From what I’ve seen, Laurier and Lakehead and the best teams in the oua west. Laurier is setup for offense, but has strong goal tending capable of steeling games. Lakehead is strong defensively, but still has enough speed and talent up front to be a threat …

I think there is a good chance of seeing McGill back at the nationals as well.

Quote:
Lakehead has ridiculuous home-ice advantage, the refs there are notorious for favoring the 'wolves. However, do we know if AUS and CW refs will be doing the tourney? They'd better otherwise the refs there will literally try and win the games for Lakehead ...
Anything coach Nobes tells you should be taken with a grain of salt, the Laurier coach is notorious for whining and complaining about bad calls … he’s good for at least a couple of tirades every season, and as entertaining as they are, it’s just the same old thing every year.

Lakehead uses local officiating because they really have no choice. As with any local officiating you have good ones and you have bad ones, it’s no different in Thunder Bay. If you get stuck with a bad one, it can be a real crap shoot. Sometimes they call everything and sometimes they call nothing at all, but, it’s not ‘homer’ officiating, it’s just ‘bad’ officiating, unless you are familiar with the different referees you simply wouldn’t know the difference.

That being said, if check the box scores for Lakehead’s home games what you’ll find is that usually the power play chances are pretty much equal for both teams. In fact, more often than not Lakehead ends up in the box more than the opposing team. I can’t tell how many important games have been lost, or almost lost by really bad late calls by our local ‘homer’ refs.

I believe last night Lakehead was assessed more penalties than Western, which included the games only 5-3 for the Mustangs – on which Lakehead actually scored. In an earlier game this year against St Mary’s the referee actually reversed a Lakehead goal to go back and give a goal to St Mary’s for what he believed was an in-then-out shot, even though the goal judge and 3000 fans disagreed with him … it was the right call, but a call that a ‘homer’ ref wouldn’t have made … turned out to be the winning goal.

this year the officiating has been pretty consistent for the most part. I really have no idea if they are bringing in different referees for the nationals or not.

Last edited by gnosh: 02-14-2009 at 03:30 PM.
gnosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

What is the CIS held "regionals"?

The "regionals" thread was merged with this one so this post is an awkward location. Anyhow, with regular season winding up out east and most spots decided out west, here's what it would look like for 2009, based on regular season standings:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 CW 3rd
#9 AUS 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

WEST:
#2 CW winner
#7 AUS runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

EAST:
#3 AUS winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 CW 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 CW runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 AUS 4th

HOST:
#1 LAKEHEAD
#8 MANITOBA
#9 MONCTON
#16 YORK

WEST:
#2 ALBERTA
#7 ST. MARY'S
#10 WESTERN ONTARIO
#15 CONCORDIA

EAST:
#3 NEW BRUNSWICK
#6 UQTR
#11 LETHBRIDGE
#14 MCGILL

CENTRAL:
#4 WILFRID LAURIER
#5 SASKATCHEWAN
#12 WATERLOO
#13 ST FRANCIS-XAVIER

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Alpine

^^^
Stupid question??
But if the hosts get beaten out before the Finals who's gonna pay for the finals?
Didn't we do something similar when Toronto hosted the U-Cup for like 10 years in the 80's and early 90's. CIS found out that revenue steadily dropped and went back to opening the U-Cup for bid?
Not the best solution but what we have now works better than before revenue wise?

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
kexodusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
The "regionals" thread was merged with this one so this post is an awkward location. Anyhow, with regular season winding up out east and most spots decided out west, here's what it would look like for 2009, based on regular season standings:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 CW 3rd
#9 AUS 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

WEST:
#2 CW winner
#7 AUS runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

EAST:
#3 AUS winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 CW 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 CW runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 AUS 4th

HOST:
#1 LAKEHEAD
#8 MANITOBA
#9 MONCTON
#16 YORK

WEST:
#2 ALBERTA
#7 ST. MARY'S
#10 WESTERN ONTARIO
#15 CONCORDIA

EAST:
#3 NEW BRUNSWICK
#6 UQTR
#11 LETHBRIDGE
#14 MCGILL

CENTRAL:
#4 WILFRID LAURIER
#5 SASKATCHEWAN
#12 WATERLOO
#13 ST FRANCIS-XAVIER
Hey Hollywood, that's pretty neat to see. Wow. Alberta and SMU get to meet in the West and kick the crap out of each other right away - that could very easily be the CIS final this year. That hypothetical West pool looks tough, so does the Central.

It'd be interesting. I'd love to see some form of crossover, and I'm a big fan of playoffs to determine championships but for hockey but if we could overcome the travel/student obstacles that always seem to get tossed out there, I could live with something like this.

Though I'm sure if I were an Alberta or Saint Mary's fan I'd be crying foul, proving no system will be universally loved. I still believe what we have now is the best imperfect solution on the table, all things considered.

Would these be played in addition to conference playoffs or replace them? I wouldn't want to give up the conference playoffs. We could have CIS hockey into April.

kexodusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexodusc View Post
Hey Hollywood, that's pretty neat to see. Wow. Alberta and SMU get to meet in the West and kick the crap out of each other right away - that could very easily be the CIS final this year. That hypothetical West pool looks tough, so does the Central.

It'd be interesting. I'd love to see some form of crossover, and I'm a big fan of playoffs to determine championships but for hockey but if we could overcome the travel/student obstacles that always seem to get tossed out there, I could live with something like this.

Though I'm sure if I were an Alberta or Saint Mary's fan I'd be crying foul, proving no system will be universally loved. I still believe what we have now is the best imperfect solution on the table, all things considered.

Would these be played in addition to conference playoffs or replace them? I wouldn't want to give up the conference playoffs. We could have CIS hockey into April.
I would assume that conference playoffs would remain. A regional only adds one weekend. Instead of 7 games over one (extended) weekend in the current nationals it would provide for 15 games over two weekends.

I don't believe that scheduling would be a problem. Getting conferences to back it financially would be.

Actually, my preferred option would be to have 8 teams at nationals, as in basketball and volleyball. I simply put it out because the NCAA has it and thought it would be of interest to see what would happen if we followed suit.

Old
02-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
^^^
Stupid question??
But if the hosts get beaten out before the Finals who's gonna pay for the finals?
Didn't we do something similar when Toronto hosted the U-Cup for like 10 years in the 80's and early 90's. CIS found out that revenue steadily dropped and went back to opening the U-Cup for bid?
Not the best solution but what we have now works better than before revenue wise?
I thought about that. However, I believe that putting a team into the final 4 is wrong. I don't mind giving a berth to a host in a bigger tournament but a team can be like Lakehead this year, win once game and make it to the final.

My thinking is that the 4 regionals would all sell well. The host would pre-sell lots of tickets for the final 4 since they would have a strong expectation to make it there. (Note the host is #1 seeded.) Even if the final 4 had almost zero walk-up, the sales from the regional the weekend before would compensate.

For example, say in my hypothetical Lakehead lost to Manitoba in the regional. They would still have had big sales for the regional semi-final and final, and lower sales for the national semi-final and final.

But say Lakehead loses their first game in this year's nationals. The rest of the tournament would basically be just ike the final 4 without them in it.

Last edited by Hollywood3: 02-18-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old
02-18-2009, 06:26 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

I like the looks of it...it's something fun to look at....I like how the host is given probably the eaiest regional (good for ticket sales as there would be a decent chance they would make a deep run)....the only thing I may chage is to make it so the OUA always has 8 teams and the AUS and CW always have 4 regardless of who hosts (ie/ with Lakehead the host this year there would be 7 other OUA teams, when UNB hosts there would still be 8 OUA teams/4 CW teams/only 3 other AUS teams). I tried tweaking it so that the CW winner and AUS runner-up weren't in the same pool...as they are traditionally two very good teams...but I don't know if it can be done while maintaining the same format (8 OUA teams/4 from AUS and CW....two OUA teams/one AUS/one CW team in each pool)...

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
I like the looks of it...it's something fun to look at....I like how the host is given probably the eaiest regional (good for ticket sales as there would be a decent chance they would make a deep run)....the only thing I may chage is to make it so the OUA always has 8 teams and the AUS and CW always have 4 regardless of who hosts (ie/ with Lakehead the host this year there would be 7 other OUA teams, when UNB hosts there would still be 8 OUA teams/4 CW teams/only 3 other AUS teams). I tried tweaking it so that the CW winner and AUS runner-up weren't in the same pool...as they are traditionally two very good teams...but I don't know if it can be done while maintaining the same format (8 OUA teams/4 from AUS and CW....two OUA teams/one AUS/one CW team in each pool)...
The 8-4-4 might be OK as well. For this year it made no difference since the OUA is the host. However, in most years I believe that the 5th CW or AUS team would be better than the 8th OUA team. (This year the comparable teams would be Regina, Acadia, and York.)

In the other regionals there is a winner and a runner-up in each pool. You can't have both the CW and AUS winners play the OUA runner-up. So, by definition, the only other option is AUS winner to play the CW runner-up. (Which is really no different.)

Old
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
nosl

Tickets

Hey, I was wondering if the University Cup will have individual tickets on sale during the tournament. I'm looking at perhaps making a trip to Thunder Bay to catch a game or two.

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
austrooper

playoff format in aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
That's right. He has no excuse to roll four lines, has he sure as hell doesn't most of the time. From what I've seen he's playing 2, 2 1/2 lines all the time. Against us anyways.

Oh, and can anyone enlighten me as to what the heck our (AUS) playoff format is this year? I heard that the coaches voted for the sensible 2-3-2 format at the start of the year, since we're sending two teams over to Lakehead, but the format on the AUS website is the 2-2-3 one, which wouldn't make much sense having our two CIS participants beating the living **** out of each other in a 3 out of 5 before sending them over...

As you know, the AUS is always slow to react to much of anything, even when it makes sense...in the case of the playoff format, the coaches appealed to have this year's format changed to a best of five semifinal round and a best of three final...for the very reason both finalists are going to Lakehead...that's the definite format....a best of three QF, best of five semis and a best of three final..if you remember last year, they should have had a best of five for the final because there was only one team going along with host UdeM of course, but the league went with a best of three based on the 2007 model........when the idea of a best of five was broached, unb wanted to do that route but saint mary's opted not to because their AD thought they had a better chance of winning a best of three...as it turned out, UNB won both games anyway, albeit by the slimmest of margins...

austrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 10:13 PM
AUS Fan

The best of three had nothing to do with the AD; it was the Head Coach. The AD at the time didn't even know that SMU had a Men's Hockey Team. The thought process was that in a short series a hot goalie might steal a game or two. As you observed, both games were close, each going to OT.

Old
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
gnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosl View Post
Hey, I was wondering if the University Cup will have individual tickets on sale during the tournament. I'm looking at perhaps making a trip to Thunder Bay to catch a game or two.
Only tournament passes are available … hard to say if this will change come March and they haven’t sold out. They’ve been pushing the tickets pretty heavy at the home games so I don’t know if they’re having problems selling tickets or not.

7 game tournament pass: $120 (adult) $80 (student/child)

If I hear anything about day passes or game tickets I’ll let you know …

gnosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Rob

Quote:
The best of three had nothing to do with the AD; it was the Head Coach. The AD at the time didn't even know that SMU had a Men's Hockey Team.
I take it you have a beef with SMU's AD with regards to hockey. Is football considered king at SMU?

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:03 AM
AUS Fan

No, I don't have a beef with the previous AD. I was being facetious, but he was a football and basketball guy and didn't really involve himself with hockey. btw, what are you doing up at 3 am???

Old
02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
nosl

Tickets

Thanks gnosh.

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

2ND RESPONSE TO THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexodusc View Post

The other slight twist could be to rotate the CW-AUS each year so that one year CW #1 would play AUS #2 and the next AUS #1 would play CW #2 etc.

That would lead to this format:

ODD YEARS:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 CW 3rd
#9 AUS 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

WEST:
#2 CW winner
#7 AUS runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

EAST:
#3 AUS winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 CW 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 CW runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 AUS 4th

EVEN YEARS:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 AUS 3rd
#9 CW 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

EAST:
#2 AUS winner
#7 CW runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

WEST:
#3 CW winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 AUS 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 AUS runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 CW 4th

And to apply this year's regular season standings to the "even" year system, the pools would be:

HOST:
#1 LAKEHEAD
#8 MONCTON
#9 MANITOBA
#16 YORK

EAST:
#2 NEW BRUNSWICK
#7 SASKATCHEWAN
#10 WESTERN ONTARIO
#15 CONCORDIA

WEST:
#3 ALBERTA
#6 UQTR
#11 ST FRANCIS-XAVIER
#14 MCGILL

CENTRAL:
#4 WILFRID LAURIER
#5 ST. MARY'S
#12 WATERLOO
#13 LETHBRIDGE

Old
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
austrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
Come on Timbit, you've got to let that go ... life's too short. He was only making the call out of the rule book ... the rule I don't think any of us knew about until then!
I'm with timbit on this one if we're talking about the Busque incident......that was a crap call and it could very well have cost UdeM the Cup that year.....saw the TV replays and the guy was simply defending himself on the bench.....Foyle, you tell Timbit to let that go....wondering how you'd be feeling if it was Boyce who was sitting on his bench and somebody like a Busque came over to the bench area and basically flipped himself into the bench to create a stir..and Boyce grabbed the stick to protect himself and got booted out for it......looking back over the history of the University Cup, it was one of the most bizarre and controversial incidents helping to determine a national champion....UNB might have won regardless, but it would have been a lot more dicey....

Old
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
austrooper

Quote:
The best of three had nothing to do with the AD; it was the Head Coach. The AD at the time didn't even know that SMU had a Men's Hockey Team. The thought process was that in a short series a hot goalie might steal a game or two. As you observed, both games were close, each going to OT.
I remember reading a piece by Gordie Sutherland quoting the AD that it was his call because he felt the team had a better chance of pulling off the upset...UNB had dominated the league all year and of course, had beaten the Huskies in each of their four games......Stienburg I believe really wanted a best of five to help sell tickets and to sell the conference to a skeptical Halifax audience that seems more enthralled with the jr. Mooseheads than university hockey...mind you, the Forum is hardly convenient for any SMU fan to attend games.....whatever happened to the plan of building a rink on campus....weren't they talking about building a rink adjacent to the Tower......until they do, SMU hockey will be ignored even though it's a great program with great players....this year could be different for SMU, though....

Old
02-20-2009, 10:20 PM
austrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
2ND RESPONSE TO THIS:

The other slight twist could be to rotate the CW-AUS each year so that one year CW #1 would play AUS #2 and the next AUS #1 would play CW #2 etc.

That would lead to this format:

ODD YEARS:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 CW 3rd
#9 AUS 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

WEST:
#2 CW winner
#7 AUS runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

EAST:
#3 AUS winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 CW 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 CW runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 AUS 4th

EVEN YEARS:

HOST:
#1 Host
#8 AUS 3rd
#9 CW 3rd
#16 OUA 7th

EAST:
#2 AUS winner
#7 CW runner-up
#10 OUA 3rd
#15 OUA 6th

WEST:
#3 CW winner
#6 OUA runner-up
#11 AUS 4th
#14 OUA 5th

CENTRAL:
#4 OUA winner
#5 AUS runner-up
#12 OUA 4th
#13 CW 4th

And to apply this year's regular season standings to the "even" year system, the pools would be:

HOST:
#1 LAKEHEAD
#8 MONCTON
#9 MANITOBA
#16 YORK

EAST:
#2 NEW BRUNSWICK
#7 SASKATCHEWAN
#10 WESTERN ONTARIO
#15 CONCORDIA

WEST:
#3 ALBERTA
#6 UQTR
#11 ST FRANCIS-XAVIER
#14 MCGILL

CENTRAL:
#4 WILFRID LAURIER
#5 ST. MARY'S
#12 WATERLOO
#13 LETHBRIDGE
dream on....why would it make sense to take away from each league's playoffs to go the way of regional tournaments which probably won't sell in most places anyway.....the idea of a Final 4 national tournament doesn't make financial sense....remember when the CIS used to be a four team tournament with semifinal games on the friday and a final on the saturday or sunday....teams fight tooth and nail to get to a nationals and suddenly, they're done because they lose a semifinal game.....at least with the six team format, they've got a couple of chances at least....witness Alberta's victory last season in Moncton....

Old
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrooper View Post
dream on....why would it make sense to take away from each league's playoffs to go the way of regional tournaments which probably won't sell in most places anyway.....the idea of a Final 4 national tournament doesn't make financial sense....remember when the CIS used to be a four team tournament with semifinal games on the friday and a final on the saturday or sunday....teams fight tooth and nail to get to a nationals and suddenly, they're done because they lose a semifinal game.....at least with the six team format, they've got a couple of chances at least....witness Alberta's victory last season in Moncton....
I have doubts that we'll ever see a regional system. However:

1. Nothing would be "taken away" from each league's playoffs. This system adds ONE WEEK which would be scheduled between league finals and the Final Four.

2. Finances are a problem. (As they are for the current arrangement!) However, the host would also host a regional as a #1 seed with a great chance to make the Final Four. The host would be selling tickets for 6 "prime time" games over 2 weekends rather than 7 games over 4 days.

3. The current arrangement is basically sudden-death. The Alberta situation was an anomalie. In fact, the crrent system is bad beause if a team loses a game by 3 goals they have nothing to shoot for in game 2. At least 2 teams each year are knocked out with one loss.

4. All tournaments have sudden death finals, and usually sudden death semi-finals also. For example, RBC Cup, Allen Cup, Memorial Cup, World Juniors, etc.

Old
02-22-2009, 07:11 AM
AUS Fan

Not Always Right

Quote:
I'll go a bit further and suggest that Lakehead may get knocked off in the first round of playoffs.
Maybe in the next round....

Old
03-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Alpine

UNB and SMU to nobody's surprise have thier tickets punched for Thunder Bay.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

McGill becomes the 4th team to book their trip to TBay...they got two early 3rd period goals to defeat UQTR 2-1 and sweep the series in 2 straight...they move onto the Queens Cup against the winner of Laurier/Western, which resumes tomorrow night with Western up 1-0....

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote