Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Lars Jonsson (Opinions)

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Bill Roark

vCash: 500
Lars Jonsson (Opinions)

I have heard very good things about him, but also that he had potentially be underachieving to some degree as well. Has anyone watched him regularly here? What do you think his potential is and what are his biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Old
08-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
potential - I'd say a Kim Johnsson type of defenseman = strong skating and puck moving defenseman who is very willing to join the rush and a valuable member of the power play unit. He also has a good release but has been rather inconsistent so far in his career.

However, I am not so sure Jonsson will ever become that good and perhaps him becoming a #4, #5 defenseman is a bit more realistic at this point.

He had a minor breakout season last year, establishing himself as an above average SEL defenseman and also playing quite a few games with the Swedish National Team. I'd expect (and hope) him to take the next step this season with his new club Timrå. Hopefully he can become a top 10 defenseman in the SEL and perhaps even make the Swedish WC-team in April/May. This should be his last season in Sweden before he tries his luck with the Bruins.

Old
08-20-2004, 06:36 AM
Zoran Manojlovic

He still has a very good potential. As Preds said, he had a minor breakthrough season last year and I´m sure that he´ll come through this year in a big way. He has top-4 potential no doubt. He still needs to hone his defensive zone coverage as he still is a bit lost at times in his own zone. But he has great wheels and solid size and strenght. Good prospect that could be in the NHL in 2 years time.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Talent Sqout

Lars is a great def man, he has the size and the he is very good with puck handeling to. Don´t forget, he was injured during a long time last year ( shoulder etc )
I am sure he will pop up in Bruins quite soon

Closed Thread