HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The media will destroy this team

Old
02-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkaboutthat View Post
Never mind.
Yeah, run and hide when asked a question. Sure you're not a yellow reporter youreslf? No debate - just fling poo.

****ing disgusting behaviour by the media, and anyone else who parrots their bull****e...

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Tomorrow morning Bob Gainey should come out with a list of media names that are cleared to speak to anyone associated with the Montreal Canadiens. Then proceed to mention the names of people who don't and never will have access. Proceed to call them "enemies" of the Montreal Canadiens. Shows included. RDS needs the Habs games more than the Habs need them so there shouldn't be any problem there.
Amen!

Watch subscribes dwindle to virtually nothing! I would like to see the Habs do this - the term enemy of the Habs - imagine being known as a reporter with that nickname?

Last edited by Davebo: 02-20-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Puckhead58*

Too late....the media screwed this team already with their false stories. Why do you think no free agents want to sign here?? They know that sooner or later, the media will pick on them and post a false story and ruin the players credibility.

The Habs should be able to ban the media from the dressing room since they are making things worse.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
LyleOdelein

Who's up for some lynching?!

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
tollb2

exactly .. 2 late the media has been screwing over this team for years .. and now they are just creating bigger stories and bigger problems . This needs to be cleaned up and cleaned up quick , this will in no way help our slump at all

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I say we start by making someone be an example - Jacques Demers gets forced to stay away from RDS for the next 2 habs games to regain some mental strength. Send Labbé to Hamilton to cover the Bulldogs.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
maybe its time for the table to be turned?

Hire some private investigators guys to watch close with cameras etc "investigate" these media members that cause this same crap EVERY YEAR!!

Whats the chances there all squeaky clean?

Could you imagine if the media members and there family's were treated the same way Habs players are being treated?

Does anyone in the media that works for the media have family members or kids on drugs or buying drugs? maybe we need to find out and report it .Does anyone of the media members or there family members or kids PARTY TO HARD?drink/drug on the job at?....why not report that?Hold yourself in the same spot light .

Does any of the media members or there kids or family that work for the media in Montreal know any "gangsters" or have ties to gangsters?.Why not report that then?

You see where im going here i just wish they would hold themselves and there colleagues and co workers in the same spotlight as they shine on the Montreal Canadiens !.

If this is news lets make it fair for bothsides.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 02-20-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

shouldn't Gillet's lawyer be handing out some law suits for banter and defamation of character
Enough is enough.

I'm sure, scratch that, I KNOW some players party their ass off, but of the players i know hoave been partying all year long, they are some of the players that have actually been playing hard this year.

they are human beings that live in montreal, they have every right to party.
The media though is overdoing it.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Prendan Brust

Wow... After reading La Presse's articles I feel ridiculous as hell. Compared to all the stuff that went through my head last night, this story is benign. In a way, I'm relieved. Darkest day in habs history my ass... I'm pretty sure the medias got their leg pulled by LaPresse to get hype for their story. I don't believe they genuinely thought this story was the darkest day in habs history, I think they got caught up in speculations and rumors (like us here) and probably thought something else was to going to be released today.

We all look like a bunch of clowns this morning...

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Maurice Richard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
anyone who denies the media isn't out to get certain players....you're nuts. name one other city in the league where this type of **** happens.

habs should strip media access from all of these jerks.
Edmonton , Toronto ,Philadelphia , New York etc etc .

Maurice Richard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
C4KOMI

wOW, Do you people live in Canada?
let's ban the media, ban RDS, ban this ban that...
you know what let's ban all medias
and let's also ban free speech,
and let's put people who speak against the organization
in jail.
reminds you of anything?

be lucky if you live in a democracy
and appreciate it
everyone has a right to give opinions
good or bad.

I just hoped that the rest of the media would be this involved
in what's going on in society
as much as sport medias with Canadians.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
in jail.
reminds you of anything?

and appreciate it
good or bad.

i really think the only loser here in all of this will be the fans .

Did this story really need to come out now? say what you like .

Now just think end of the year all the UFA we have thinking out resigning in Montreal ...HMMMM for example does big number 8(Michael Komisarek) say GOODBYE enough of this crap? Yeah id say this will INCREASE the odds greatly! this is where the fans become the biggest loser in all of this!!!..

AND going forward try to attract free agents *any good ones...good luck .

They might have sold a few extra papers but the Montreal Canadiens and its fans have been damaged for years to come .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 02-20-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old
02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i really think the only loser here in all of this will be the fans .

Did this story really need to come out now? say what you like .

Now just think end of the year all the UFA we have thinking out resigning in Montreal ...HMMMM for example does big number 8(Michael Komisarek) say GOODBYE enough of this crap? Yeah id say this will INCREASE the odds greatly! this is where the fans become the biggest loser in all of this!!!..

AND going forward try to attract free agents *any good ones...good luck .

They might have sold a few extra papers but the Montreal Canadiens and its fans have been damaged for years to come .
Thats what the media wants. They want a team full of quebecers. They want all non-quebecers to go.. I hope everyone sees through them. they couldnt give a **** about the game of hockey they just wanna see 10-20 quebecers playing montreal. Theyre the biggest bunch of racists and prejudice ******** ive ever seen. They are all the same. I hope they all rot in hell. I know im being a little harsh but im fed up of their bullsh***

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6209193&ref=nf

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Habarazzi

They are not "the media" anymore .... from this day forward they will be referred to as

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
I blame the players, I don't blame the media.
I truly dislike the Montreal media in the best of time but I have to agree with you on this one.

It's not the media that put those guys in the position they're in, they did it to themselves. Here's hoping that they all learn from this and rebound before their career takes a dive for the worse, ala Theodore.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:37 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
maybe its time for the table to be turned?

Hire some private investigators guys to watch close with cameras etc "investigate" these media members that cause this same crap EVERY YEAR!!

Whats the chances there all squeaky clean?

Could you imagine if the media members and there family's were treated the same way Habs players are being treated?

Does anyone in the media that works for the media have family members or kids on drugs or buying drugs? maybe we need to find out and report it .Does anyone of the media members or there family members or kids PARTY TO HARD?drink/drug on the job at?....why not report that?Hold yourself in the same spot light .

Does any of the media members or there kids or family that work for the media in Montreal know any "gangsters" or have ties to gangsters?.Why not report that then?

You see where im going here i just wish they would hold themselves and there colleagues and co workers in the same spotlight as they shine on the Montreal Canadiens !.

If this is news lets make it fair for bothsides.
There is a very large part of me that would LOVE to see this happen. I know it's petty but it would be just.

Let's face it, these so called journalists don't lose any sleep in trying to ruin 2 young careers in the NHL. They don't care who they tar and feather on the way out of town. As long as they justify their own existence it's all good.

A little dirt on them would be sweet and would forever tarnish the very tiny amount of credibility these bozos have.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Bohemian93

i dont like how people here are generalizing all of the montreal media. if you havent paid attention ,all these scandals and stories are only coming straight from the french media, in which spend their journalist days trying to figure ways to nitpick on the canadiens or start a controversy. sadly this is true

im not racist or anything, far from it but i hate it when people start to generalize

Last edited by Bohemian93: 02-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Bohemian93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckeater View Post
Not even close.

I'm so disappointed in Demers. What happened to this once respected hockey man?

Unfortunately , someone taught him how to read.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
in jail.
reminds you of anything?

and appreciate it
good or bad.

What, you hope that the rest of Canada's media reported useless information designed ONLY to ruin careers?

What was the purpose of this so called reporting? Did it lead to less crime? No, because the players were not involved in criminal activity. Did it divulge anything the public had a RIGHT to know? No, it was an utter invasion of privacy.

There are hundreds of people in the tapes the cops have but only a couple of players have to have their reputations tarnished over this? How come the others on the tapes aren't documented for all to see? Why was there not a list of names in La Presse of the countless people that surely were on those tapes?

Seems to me the only guys that got fingered are the only ones with public profiles. How come hundreds of people are allowed to associate with a criminal because they didn't commit any crime but the Kostitsyns, who didn't commit any crimes are pointed to?

You speak of ideals but are ready to sacrifice these two young players based on a story of their friendship with some guy that was arrested based on his association with gang members. The guy is not convicted of anything and the Kosty's may never have known of his alleged criminal activity anyway. This is nothing more than character assassination at this point with the information at hand.

You suggesting that this should be the new baseline for journalistic integrity has me wanting a complete ban on newspapers.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Artyukhin*

Centennial bash turns into nightmare in Montreal

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

The Habs' front office was livid with Perron, and coach Guy Carbonneau didn't hide his feelings about it.

Still, it was another PR rocket inflicting damage on the Habs' mother ship.

Where does this all go from here? We're betting on a very painful ending to the Canadiens' season. And the exit of a few players.

Somewhere in Tampa, Fla., is Montreal native Vincent Lecavalier and he's probably thinking to himself, "You know what? Maybe life here in Florida ain't so bad after all."

Old
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
They are not "the media" anymore .... from this day forward they will be referred to as

LOL

What is Bergeron like 4'11?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:03 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post

habarazzi! that's gold jerry, gold!

number 11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Cloudigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
i remember a story a couple of years ago that made front page in that RACIST RAG - about 10 or so guys were arrested for drugs i think, 2 or 3 of them were jewish , the other 7 or 8 were not. la presse sensationally reported it as jewish organized crime ring is broken up. they had pictures of bugsy siegal, dutch schultz in the same story.

a RACIST SEPARATIST RAG!

ALL the names they mention are NON-franco(i mean of people who descend originally from france before they came and stole the land from the native people)
Look.. take a break I dont know where you live but I am going to tell you two things first: La presse is indirectly owner by Paul Desmarais who is one of Stephen Harper, Jean Charest(okay more the Liberal party but anyway) and Nicolas Sarkozy councillor... he is also one of the most fervent federalist there is... so yeah La Presse is not "souverainiste"

Secondly.. racism as nothing to do with political affiliation.. or with this news... I agree.. a lot of medias are often way too pro-quebecers then they should but in this news it has nothing to do with it...

I work in the media world and believe me I hear a lot of the habs should only draft quebecer from anti-sovereignist media... repeat after me.. xenoxphobia has nothing to do with politic.. but everything to do with closed-mindness...

p.s. btw.. I am not saying there is no sovereignist working at La Presse...

Cloudigger is offline   Reply With Quote