HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

First time going to Montreal/Bell Centre Help Needed

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2009, 08:11 AM
moloo

vCash: 500
First time going to Montreal/Bell Centre Help Needed

Hey,

I've been a habs fan as long as I can remember but have never had a chance to go to the Bell Centre. Well my wish came true I'm going on Saturday to the Ottawa game.

I'm posting because I need some help. I'm planning to stay overnight in Montreal but have no idea where, and was wondering if someone could recommend a hotel. Also I'm looking for some good hot spots after the game to go and hang out. I hear St. Catherines is really nice but I'm not sure where to go.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

My only hope now is that Carbo starts Price.

Thanks in advance!

Old
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
johnny1981

The Days inn on Guy street is close to the Bell center and is pretty cheap,it is also close to the St-catherine and all the action...

Old
02-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Tusk

The Kostitsyn's have a good friend that can show you around, help get you what you need, just give him your credit card and all shall be taken care of.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:19 AM
marioroberge

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
The Kostitsyn's have a good friend that can show you around, help get you what you need, just give him your credit card and all shall be taken care of.
Haha beat me to it! Well done!

Old
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Craig Ludwig

In all honesty, if the room is affordable ou definitely want to stay at the Sheraton on Rene levesque, nice hitel and within several hundred feet of the Bell Center.

As for bars, Crescent is quite "Touristy" (Sir Winston's), the trendy clubs are all along Saint Laurent Boulevard. Just get dropped off by a cab at the corner of St-Laurent and Sherbrooke, and see all of the beautiful people walk to all of the trendy clubs on the boulevard. If you like Pubs, Hurleys' is great, not far from the Sheraton.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:50 AM
moloo

haha nice one.

thanks guys. keep the suggestions coming. what places are worth seeing in montreal? any bars or restaurants that i should know of? i really want to make the most of my experience.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:57 AM
mabus

After the game the best place to hang out would be crescent street, or bishop street... they're absolutely brimming with bars and clubs, literally stacked one on top of another, literally like 100 bars in 2 city blocks with people all over the place. Walking from the bell center to st catherine, towards the mountain (can't miss it), turn left and walk till you see people everywhere. St laurent has clubs for a good bit, but they are further away, and much further apart from one another. Definately Bishop and Crescent are the way to go if you're from out of town and are not looking for a specific place.

Or just follow the crowds after the game

Old
02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=547788

Old
02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Habitants

watch out who you associate with, if you go to some bars you must be carefull, there is a guy i saw, and he was offering me some drugs. i just said no and walked away. for some reason he was also trying to get pictures of me while i was trying to enjoy my virgin cocktail..
i noticed that on his polo shirt he had a logo with three letters RDS

Old
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
moloo

thanks again guys.

looks like on saturday I may only have a chance to go to 1 restaurant. What place is a must to eat in montreal? That Shwartz's looks good. Also is there anything to do on sunday durring the daytime in Montreal?

This thread has been a great help to me. thanks again.

Old
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
If you see a guy in a trench coat with crappy English trying to sell you drugs, don't avoid him. Just ask for some autographs as it might be Kostitsyn.

Old
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloo View Post
thanks again guys.

looks like on saturday I may only have a chance to go to 1 restaurant. What place is a must to eat in montreal? That Shwartz's looks good. Also is there anything to do on sunday durring the daytime in Montreal?

This thread has been a great help to me. thanks again.
check the sticky at the top of the page...what to do in Montreal...awesome help. Have a great time at the game...

Closed Thread