HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Scandal Can you believe I have to make part III ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
  #876
gted85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
quick question... i don't know if i heard wrong at the beginning of the season but are they still filming that documentary this season where they follow the team for the centennial?? if so... i'm buying that the day it comes out.

gted85 is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
  #877
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggat_10 View Post
quick question... i don't know if i heard wrong at the beginning of the season but are they still filming that documentary this season where they follow the team for the centennial?? if so... i'm buying that the day it comes out.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw L'Antichambre on the verge of collective suicide.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
  #878
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Valic;18056996]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post

It is 100% okay in my opinion to sell any drug to a willing purchaser who is of legal age. I don't see how it is anyone's business that John Doe wants to do some E at the club, or wants to snort a bunch of blow.
I am talking about a philosophical standpoint. is it ok to do something called "illegal" in a societies' standard or even in your own EVEN if it is not "your fault"..

marchabsfan is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
  #879
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Those of you solely blameing the media on this whole situation, need to get a reality check.

No one is debating that La Presse was solely out to get dirt, to tarnish a few players reps, but the fact remains that the players on the team did something wrong, are not commiting themselves to getting better, to studying the game, to keep themselves at the peak of their abilities.

As much i would like to set fire to some journalists, in the end the players and managment are irresponsible and have tarnished this great franchise. What is happening is horrible and shouldnt be passed off as "media sensationlism" or french nationalism.

The finger is pointed directly at le CH.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
  #880
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Brilliant. So are you against drugs because a bunch of people in suits should have a say on what someone does to their own body? Or have you formed an opinion of your own on them?

brilliant

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
  #881
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
So you say you are a Real estate agent huh ? i know i am so we could share business cards ? could you please tell me for whom you work, because i am sure the ACAIQ would like to read some of your posts.
DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL !
Ah yes..the ACAIQ would suspend me for saying Drug Dealers are business men..whole lot of sense right there!

Are you trying to say they're not?..not because it's illegal that it's not a business buddy.

I'm not excusing drug dealing, I'm saying they're selling a product that's wanted by the population.
You want to blame the drug dealers, fine. But blame the users as well, you're not born addicted to coke.

I also talked about Pharmacies because the drugs offered by the government can be just as bad and addictive, but it's controlled so it's okay.

What about alcohol and cigarettes?..oh right, they're legal now so it's okay. Let's forget about those drugs because they're legal.
Wow, how stupid is that..

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
  #882
ppil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sorry about your friends.
I had one that got hooked on Coke too, but was forced into rehab thankfully.

That being said, there's nothing to make a story with here.
Okay, so they met a guy that could hook them up with stuff, big whoop. They're young and it's normal.

If they were regular joes, their name wouldn't have been brought up. Because they're habs players, it made the media go nuts.

The same thing Lafleur went through with that cop.
I think the "it's normal, there are young" has been way overused recently... I'm 22 and I don't see anyone around me that party like gangsta, get wasted regularly or hang out with drug dealers. I guess that me and my entourage are too straight, but I don't find anything normal in that... Yea it's normal to go out and have a couple of beers with friend, I do that a couple of times a week, but what we heard is :
  • A lot of Vodka
  • Big parties with a lot of women
  • Hanging out with drug dealer (who was arrested in possession of a gun...)

Well I'm guess I'm normal if I never did all those thing...

And if they were regular joes, we wouldn't talk about what they did at job every day... And they wouldn't be paid big bucks to play a game. You can't only want the good sides of being famous...

ppil is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
  #883
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=marchabsfan;18057204]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

I am talking about a philosophical standpoint. is it ok to do something called "illegal" in a societies' standard or even in your own EVEN if it is not "your fault"..
I believe someone should always have the right to do something that affects their own body so long as it does not hurt anyone.

Valic is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
  #884
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Alcohol has killed people in my family – should I lash out at you for suggesting that ‘beers’ are an acceptable drug to take and that the people who profit off of that are simply good natured business people?

Hockey players can associate with whoever they want. If people are worried about how their children might be influenced by these events perhaps they should reevaluate their parenting techniques (this isn’t directed at any particular poster but Whitesnake said it perfectly).
No they can't. With the fame, money and glory comes responsability. I'm pretty sure there is something in their contract that states something about representing the organization in every day life. I'm pretty sure hanging out with a member of the mafia is considered a breach of this contractual stipulation.

Btw my condolensces for your family members. Alcohol abuse is certainly not any better and I didn't mean to imply this in any way. I was saying that alcohol use socially and smoking a joint here and there is much better than getting addicted to a chemical/hard drug.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
  #885
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Hey they are going to talk about it on the SRC première chaîne in 5 minutes.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/radio/indexPc.html

I think they will only talk about the facts we already know, but at least it will be by real journalists.

Mustafa* is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
  #886
Philanthropist
Registered User
 
Philanthropist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
these threads are awesome

I would just like to say that If I was Carey Price, a 20 year old allstar, I would most definately be tagging some highschool girls from time to time
Yeah because who's gonna believe them when they say that they've slept with Carey Price.

It's the perfect crime!

Philanthropist is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
  #887
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Valic;18057298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post

I believe someone should always have the right to do something that affects their own body so long as it does not hurt anyone.
that's one of the problem with illegal drugs. We may have no problem with someone taking some since "it's his own body", but given the illegal nature of most drugs, it does hurt other people (how many people got killed by the Hells Angels? Or by any other mobsters? How many people are victim of bullying or menaces on their lives?)

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
  #888
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,281
vCash: 256
What I wanna know is does this guy at least own a couple of bricks outside the Bell Centre?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
  #889
JohnnyReb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
These aren't kids. They're grown men.
So what? If your kids were 21 and 24, hanging out with mobsters, giving them their credit cards and stuff, banging their hookers and all, would you sit there saying "oh well, no big deal, my kids are grown men?"

JohnnyReb is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
  #890
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No they can't. With the fame, money and glory comes responsability. I'm pretty sure there is something in their contract that states something about representing the organization in every day life. I'm pretty sure hanging out with a member of the mafia is considered a breach of this contractual stipulation.
Perhaps they do - and if so, perhaps we should let the organization decide how morally offensive their actions are. Furthermore, we should probably all wait until all the facts are out before we go and throw two kids under the bus.

Mue is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
  #891
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Those of you solely blameing the media on this whole situation, need to get a reality check.

No one is debating that La Presse was solely out to get dirt, to tarnish a few players reps, but the fact remains that the players on the team did something wrong, are not commiting themselves to getting better, to studying the game, to keep themselves at the peak of their abilities.

As much i would like to set fire to some journalists, in the end the players and managment are irresponsible and have tarnished this great franchise. What is happening is horrible and shouldnt be passed off as "media sensationlism" or french nationalism.

The finger is pointed directly at le CH.
You're right.

But some medias just went overboard.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
  #892
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Those of you solely blameing the media on this whole situation, need to get a reality check.

No one is debating that La Presse was solely out to get dirt, to tarnish a few players reps, but the fact remains that the players on the team did something wrong, are not commiting themselves to getting better, to studying the game, to keep themselves at the peak of their abilities.

As much i would like to set fire to some journalists, in the end the players and managment are irresponsible and have tarnished this great franchise. What is happening is horrible and shouldnt be passed off as "media sensationlism" or french nationalism.

The finger is pointed directly at le CH.

Unless you got a different edition of La Presse, I'd suggest you stop slandering people. The players did nothing wrong. According to La Presse they're not even accused of buying drugs from this Pasquale Mangiola. This I find a little hard to believe but if it's true I commend those players. It's so easy to fall into the drug world when you got money, fame and youth.

onice is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
  #893
BBrowser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Could you please provide English translations of French language stuff, please? This is an English language forum, and although I wish I could read French, I sadly cannot.
Ever heard of Babel fish? It's the french media reporting the story; skip if you're not interested.

BBrowser is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
  #894
habs_fan_73
Registered User
 
habs_fan_73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Habs press conference at 2 pm... bottom of the article

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...356/story.html

habs_fan_73 is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:10 PM
  #895
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
So since its no big deal, I'm assuming everyone here would be okay with this mobster hanging out with your kid's teacher?

Or perhaps with your kids themselves? After all, if your kids aren't doing anything illegal, just hanging out with him, drinking his booze, screwing his hookers, handing over their credit cards to him, it's no big deal, right?

Right???
He's a hockey player, he's not my son's teacher. And the teacher of my son can hang with who ever they want as long as they do their job right.

And BTW there's tons of things i do myself and i wouldn't want my children to do.

The children excuse must be the most dishonnest example and falacious argument ever used, i tend not to use my children to prove a point, i have more respect than that.

Mustafa* is offline  
Old
02-20-2009, 01:10 PM
  #896
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,581
vCash: 500
Enough of the ****ing crap. Start a new thread and stay on topic

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.