HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Scandal Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Fire Brunet*

vCash: 500
Press conference at 2

feces just got authentic!!!

Old
02-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

Is the press conference going to be on TV or streamed online? I wanna watch it real bad!

Old
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
that's pretty crazy.

I'm expecting Bob to lay down a giant ass wooping on the media today. He's gotta be pretty angry about this whole thing.
I was thinking that the Habs should do something symbolic. Gainey should give a press conference with all of the team and coaches seated behind him. He should set the record straight about what's happening and lay down the law with regards to the media. I think it might be a good idea to give some kind of policy with regards to how the team is covered and emphasize that it has to be followed in order for media outlets to have access to the players.

I think that doing something along these lines would send the right message to everybody.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
gted85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i remember years ago, not here in Montreal but a pro sports team put a ban on all journalists from entering the dressing room and they gave NO interviews for the entire season.
I work with kids for a living and one thing we stress is that the action of a few people can impact everyone. Like... if a few people are fooling around in a class, everyone's favourite game might not be played in gym.

With the way they're acting it might be time to treat the media like children and punish all for the actions of a few. No media in the room after games, etc. But knowing the Montreal media, this would only provide more motivation to slander the players....

Old
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Ludo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I was thinking that the Habs should do something symbolic. Gainey should give a press conference with all of the team and coaches seated behind him. He should set the record straight about what's happening and lay down the law with regards to the media. I think it might be a good idea to say give some kind of policy with regards to how the team is covered and emphasize that it has to be followed in order for media outlets to have access to the players.

I think that doing something along these lines would send the right message to everybody.
exactly what I was thinking today. Ban some members of the press from the dressing room.

Old
habs_fan_73

Here is the link I posted in the previous thread stating the press conference.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...356/story.html

However I haven't heard or read it elsewhere yet

Old
finchster

Just my two cents (probably worth less than that)

Rich people like athletes all know some shady figures (ask Wayne Gretzky and his wife) this is not a big deal and will blow over.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
gillyguzzler

I would think that the players do have some sort of "I will not embarrass the organization" clause in their contract. If the NHL suspended Avery for very stupid comments, would they step in and suspend the brothers if this report turns out to be true that they did hang out with a criminal. What behaviour constitutes a breach of the "morality" or "proper representation" clause in the players contracts? Anyways, that's a discussion we've been having at work. My take is that this accused drug dealer will have his day in court and will then be convicted of a crime. Before then, I don't think the NHL or the Habs' organization can really do much about the brothers hanging out with this guy, as far as breach of contract goes. I would hope that Gainey and Carbo would sit with the brothers and tell them what is expected of them both on and off the ice and if they want to remain in Montreal, they better change their ways, or at least keep it out of the public eye.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I was thinking that the Habs should do something symbolic. Gainey should give a press conference with all of the team and coaches seated behind him. He should set the record straight about what's happening and lay down the law with regards to the media. I think it might be a good idea to say give some kind of policy with regards to how the team is covered and emphasize that it has to be followed in order for media outlets to have access to the players.

If you're going to take a stand, your closet better be absolutely clean because the gloves really come off then. Every journalist worth a damn, and there are some, has stories that he wouldn't go with. Provoke them and it hits the fan. As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think they can.

He can take a stand within certain limits though, it never ends ehhh..

Old
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i remember years ago, not here in Montreal but a pro sports team put a ban on all journalists from entering the dressing room and they gave NO interviews for the entire season.
I would absolutely love that. RDS and their minions would go insane, they might have to start doing something productive.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Just my two cents (probably worth less than that)

Rich people like athletes all know some shady figures (ask Wayne Gretzky and his wife) this is not a big deal and will blow over.
Not in Montreal >____>

Old
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Isn't Gainey doing that best sports personality award thingy today?

Old
02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Know what I just realized? Yesterday, exactly one year ago, we were all going mental celebrating the 6-5 comeback vs. the Rangers.

Quite a turnaround in just 12 months' time...

Old
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
MoonlightGraham

Don't really see why you guys are complaining about the journalists. It's just great journalism by La Presse to get the story out. The other media outlets said there was "big news" coming out, which was true. It's not their fault we thought it was worse than it actually is yesterday night...

As for the story, I find it hard to believe the Kostitsyn bro's didn't know a thing about their friend's other occupation. How could they not have wondered how the guy made all his money, what he was doing in life and why he wanted to hang out with them? Especially since they're Canadiens players, they should be extra careful with their "friendships". If Andrei and Sergei say they didn't know a thing about Mangiola's criminal activities, they're either lying or really dumb.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
If you're going to take a stand, your closet better be absolutely clean because the gloves really come off then. Every journalist worth a damn, and there are some, has stories that he wouldn't go with. Provoke them and it hits the fan. As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think they can.

I really liked Brian Burke when it came to defend his players. He was always there for them. Big suport. I really liked that about him and players loved playing for him.

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I think it is time for Gainey to bring back the "yellow" speach only this time he needs to direct it at the journalists.

Old
Batarnac

I've been told the press conference will be on LCN.

http://www.canoe.tv/endirect/?type=LCN

Old
02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Know what I just realized? Yesterday, exactly one year ago, we were all going mental celebrating the 6-5 comeback vs. the Rangers.

True that.

I just watched the video yesterday, too.... I was going to watch it a few days ago, but got distracted and just got around to it yesterday... weird...

Old
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Is Ginette Reno a criminal? I didnt think so...

Old
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Same. I remember that night I planned on studying big time for an exam, but after the game I couldn't concentrate at all. And last night? exact same god damn situation. I have an epic amount of work to do and last night I did jack because I couldn't stop refreshing HFboards, it was making me crazy. I honestly want to vomit just thinking about it

Old
02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

macphee,

I find that hard to believe. That puke, Rejean Tremblay, is behind this non event and if there was anything in anybody's closet he would have had it and used it by now. Today's La Presse should be evidence enough this man will go to any absurd lengths to nail the Habs and he has come up with diddly squat.

I'm really enraged that this man's motives are transparent as glass and yet he still has a job.

And just to point out the discrepancy between the treatment of Francophones and the Other phones in some French media. Has everyone forgotten Theodore's association with Hell's Angels and how long it took the French press to come out with that little tidbit. I'm disgusted by some of our reporters. I just Dany Dube on RDI. There's a man with integrity and honesty. Michel Auger also. I saw both on RDI. But some others have an agenda and it's directed at non francophones. I'm disgusted.

Did I mention that I am disgusted.

Last edited by onice: 02-20-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old
02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
PaulPosition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsEatLeafs View Post
Is Ginette Reno a criminal? I didnt think so...
Not really, no.

Fact is it didn't stop her and Ferland's "singing at hell's party" from making front pages, thouh, did it? -- Now is the Journal or LaPresse anti-franco or what?!?

next question, please.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Capitano

So I'm guessing there is no Press conference at 2pm then?

Old
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
Don't really see why you guys are complaining about the journalists. It's just great journalism by La Presse to get the story out. The other media outlets said there was "big news" coming out, which was true. It's not their fault we thought it was worse than it actually is yesterday night...

As for the story, I find it hard to believe the Kostitsyn bro's didn't know a thing about their friend's other occupation. How could they not have wondered how the guy made all his money, what he was doing in life and why he wanted to hang out with them? Especially since they're Canadiens players, they should be extra careful with their "friendships". If Andrei and Sergei say they didn't know a thing about Mangiola's criminal activities, they're either lying or really dumb.
Pretty easy.. maybe the guy lied to them? I know its crazy to think a drug dealer would lie to people.

One of my childhood friends' parents were dealers. I would never have known if I hadn't been told. Does that make me stupid? Perhaps, or perhaps the parents knew how to keep it quite. Not all dealers look completely wasted 100% of the time. Its not like they have a big stamp on their foreheads that reads 'DEALER'. Heck maybe some of your friends deal/use and you don't even know about it. Not everything is obvious.

Old
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I think it is time for Gainey to bring back the "yellow" speach only this time he needs to direct it at the journalists.
you have to be careful when you support someone openly. if something bad comes out later, youll look like a fool

Closed Thread