HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quit earning points - Are we tanking yet?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Quit earning points - Are we tanking yet?

We need to stop earning these damn points. Before you know it, we'll be out of the lottery.

If somehow, for some odd reason we do trade Lehtonen, we are done. We might put up goals but we'll get outscored every game. I don't want to see him go but he might help our tanking the most.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Bongo

This is the kind of mindset 8 years of Thrashers losing breeds in it's fans.

You seriously want to fold on the chance we'll pick up some kid in the draft that may or may not ever pan out? Remember Patrik Stefan?

Then lets say we get Tavares(sp)or Hedman, the first time the clubs in trouble and or on the bubble, Waddell will trade him for some rental player. Remember Braydon Coburn?

This franchise is in serious trouble and beset by problems on all fronts. Losing is never the answer.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Just win baby. This season may be over, but seeing Little and Kovy rip it up...and Peverley and Kozlov gain chemistry...and Stuart get scoring chances like a fiend on the PK can only be a good thing for us next year.

If we can't "learn how to win" now, what chances do we have for next year.

I would much rather end the season strong and get a kid like Duchene(sp), Kane, or Schenn than stink it up and get Tavares or Hedman.

Look at Little, winning now does not mean we won't get a nice piece this summer in the Draft.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:42 AM
pfloyd75

I would love to have a top 2 pick this year but its very encouraging to see the guys playing well. It will be interesting to see what the team does after the trade deadline.

Old
02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Capa*

I think its funny you say say "we" when you refer to the Atlanta fan base here. Your not an Atlanta fan, your an HF fan that likes Kovalchuk.

REAL fans wouldnt want their team to get embarrassed and stinking up so bad that people can hardly finish watching the games is definitly embarrassing.

Old
02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Capa*

Just noticed something... I dont think we are even going to be finishing bottom 2 anymore. Tampa has both of their Goaltenders out AND their number 1 and 2 defencemen out... Theres no way they win any more games this year..Looks like we will have to settle for Duchene

Old
02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
Just noticed something... I dont think we are even going to be finishing bottom 2 anymore. Tampa has both of their Goaltenders out AND their number 1 and 2 defencemen out... Theres no way they win any more games this year..Looks like we will have to settle for Duchene

We'll finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery. Things are going to start going our way. I can feel it!

Old
02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Selanne08*

Quote:
I think its funny you say say "we" when you refer to the Atlanta fan base here. Your not an Atlanta fan, your an HF fan that likes Kovalchuk.

REAL fans wouldnt want their team to get embarrassed and stinking up so bad that people can hardly finish watching the games is definitly embarrassing.
At what point did I say I want them to get embarrassed? And I am actually not that big of a fan of Kovy. I also attend about 10 games a year which is pretty good considering I am a student with no money. So to come out and say I am not a fan because I think a better pick this year will help long-term, probably even short-term than some meaningless wins is absurd. Never did I said I didn't want the team to remain competitive. I'd be more than happy losing 6-5 or 2-1 games.. preferably in regulation.

But I will admit this Western road trip has been fun to watch. But I doubt you would know anything about that.

So ****.

Old
02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Ashe

If the thrashers are winning. Fans notice and debate coming back
If the thrashers are losing. Fans switch and watch Lost.

I'd LOVe to get the second round pick. But personally, If we go from the cellar, and end up with like the 8th pick? **** i am perfectly happy with that. Showing how good our youngsters have been, and how much better and more comfortable our team has been playing.

Last edited by btn: 02-20-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Too much
Old
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Georgia Dawg

Just win, baby. Win. Win. Win. Win. Win some more.

Old
02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

If we trade Lehtonen we wont be good for another 10 years. We should play with an open net its an equivalent to not having Lehtonen in net.

Pav or Moose would get lit up galore and we would lose by atleast 7 goals a night it would be so embarressing to the nhl and Atlanta. Kovy would leave for sure. Tavares would pull a Lindros. Eveyone else blows so who cares what they do. We would be the biggest disgraces in the NHL history.

So if keeping Lehtonen means we arent tanking then **** john tavares, victor hedman, and any other rookie. Keep Lehtonen

Old
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:

Hes an Atlanta fan dont bash someones opinion. He is pissed like the majority of us. I dont care about tanking anymore if we cant get tavares o well. As long as we keep Lehtonen our future is fine.

We blow i dont give a **** if we won 3 games in a row we dont have a future we have nothing not a past nothing and its sickening and we need a change. If DW makes an idiot trade and gives away Lehtonen for a scrub, than fasten your seatbelt. The Thrashers will have the #1 overall pick for the next 10 seasons until we find another top 8 goalie in the league. Dw, i already hate you, don't make me hate you to the point where i just hope you drop dead so someone else can take your pathetic excuse for a job.

Instead of trying to trade away stars for a scrubby American player who is a pwf type who hasnt proven anything, trade away the 90% of the AHLers on our team and bring in some NHLers who can give Lehtonen goal support so on nights when he makes 50 saves and only allows 3 goals, there actual wins for him.

Closed Thread