HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Silver Lining To Habs Controversy?

Old
02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Stubbs88

vCash: 500
Silver Lining To Habs Controversy?

As bad as all this has been, I can't help thinking that some good will come from this. This has all got to have a silver lining somewhere, right? Lets face it, the team is playing the worst hockey of any team in the NHL right now, by far. They sit only 2 points up on the 9th place team in the east, and are far from having a playoff spot locked up. When teams go through slumps like this, they have to hit rock bottom before anything will change, and I don't know if it can get any lower than this.

So the Habs are only 2 points up on the 9th place team, but the East being as jammed as it is this year, they are also only 1 point back of 5th. Looks like now that there is going to be 5 teams playing for the last 4 spots. Well, you can put Pittsburgh in there as well who are only 4 points back of 8th, and Philadelphia isn't safe yet either. So there is 7 teams, looking for 1 of 5 spots. Everyone knows once you get to the post season anything can happen.

The Habs have to take all this like men and begin to right the ship. With players coming back from injury, and the deadline only weeks away, we may be seeing a very different Habs team in the very near future (keeping my fingers crossed). Anyway I realize I am rambling, but 3 wins in 15 games will do that to people. All I'm saying is this team has no place to go but up, and I'm looking forward to a very different habs team down the stretch, and HOPEFULLY into the playoffs.

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
As bad as all this has been, I can't help thinking that some good will come from this. This has all got to have a silver lining somewhere, right? Lets face it, the team is playing the worst hockey of any team in the NHL right now, by far. They sit only 2 points up on the 9th place team in the east, and are far from having a playoff spot locked up. When teams go through slumps like this, they have to hit rock bottom before anything will change, and I don't know if it can get any lower than this.

So the Habs are only 2 points up on the 9th place team, but the East being as jammed as it is this year, they are also only 1 point back of 5th. Looks like now that there is going to be 5 teams playing for the last 4 spots. Well, you can put Pittsburgh in there as well who are only 4 points back of 8th, and Philadelphia isn't safe yet either. So there is 7 teams, looking for 1 of 5 spots. Everyone knows once you get to the post season anything can happen.

The Habs have to take all this like men and begin to right the ship. With players coming back from injury, and the deadline only weeks away, we may be seeing a very different Habs team in the very near future (keeping my fingers crossed). Anyway I realize I am rambling, but 3 wins in 15 games will do that to people. All I'm saying is this team has no place to go but up, and I'm looking forward to a very different habs team down the stretch, and HOPEFULLY into the playoffs.

just watch . just watch around july you will see "the good" and the only "lining" is going to be them lining up to get outta town.

as far as our chances ? 2pts up on a 9th place team, we just had 7 -10 guys rang thru the media ringer ...theres way to much distraction now (that wont being going anytime soon)and we dont got the cushion now to help .

Take it like men ? right ship? Thats like saying remain calm in war .Alot of these guys are young kids who "right or wrong" are being "bombed" on the national /worldwide stage . due to this hockey isnt probably 100percent in there minds even after the puck is dropped.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 02-20-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We've come pretty damn close to rock bottom, can only go up from here.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
Since 06/07 I have never seen us sink soooo low...Controversy, poor form, the air (stink) of uncertainty, lack of confidence, bad luck etc....

What is that saying? When life throws you lemons make lemonade?

I remember the Italian team hit rock bottom...the Serie A the league itself was in tatters full of controversy...and guess what...they won the world cup...Merci Zidane : )

Maybe this will galvanize us...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:13 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I asked after 4 losses in a row if it was rockbottom. I said it again later a few games later when we clearly hadn't improved. And now I think this is rockbottom. I really don't know how much worse the situation can get. Stay tuned tomorrow...

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 10:30 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
I asked after 4 losses in a row if it was rockbottom. I said it again later a few games later when we clearly hadn't improved. And now I think this is rockbottom. I really don't know how much worse the situation can get. Stay tuned tomorrow...
Well pretty much everyone's pride is shot to ****, and the Organization itself's pride is just shot. So I mean we have nothing to loose. I'd make a nice trade for a Franchise Center and trade for some picks and tweak here and there. I can't see us becoming a Stanley cup contender with this team of nancies.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post

I like where you are going with this...

We just need the goaltending

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote