HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kings article w/ DT interview

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
kings article w/ DT interview

nothing new, but better then reading same ol' threads everyday hoping for a new post!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=1844682

Old
08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
"We need Roman Cechmanek in goal to bounce back a little bit. Not that he played poorly, but he had two injuries that knocked him out of the lineup for awhile.
I understand that DT is trying to be very politic in what he says so as not to alienate Roman, but come on. The only time that I was even relatively comfortable with our goaltending situation last season was during those two injury stretches.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 08-19-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old
08-19-2004, 08:28 PM
girl4kings
2012 & 2014 Champs

Send a message via AIM to girl4kings Send a message via Yahoo to girl4kings
Lets see how well Roman can bounce back.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:03 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I understand that DT is trying to be very politic in what he says so as not to alienate Roman, but come on. The only time that I was even relatively comfortable with our goaltending situation last season was during those two injury stretches.
cech did suck and i hate him more then any king (anyone can vouch for that), but it's no good mouthing off on Roman while we have him on contract for one more year. he's unstable as it is, no use making him even worse.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:13 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

Good read. Will beinteresting to see how he improves the top 6 forwards.

Old
08-20-2004, 05:05 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
cech did suck and i hate him more then any king (anyone can vouch for that), but it's no good mouthing off on Roman while we have him on contract for one more year. he's unstable as it is, no use making him even worse.
I'd imagine that after all his time spent in Philly, he's gotten used to much harsher criticism from much more pissed off fans, and I would hope that he's not at the point where my post would plunge him futher into the abyss.

And the fact is that Cechmanek was a major disappointment last year. I've been very critical of him also, just as I would be of any player who is not performing up to standard. I view him as a part of the reason we were unsuccessful in making the playoffs this past season. My previous remarks weren't just "mouthing off". After the first quarter of the season, I honestly felt more comfortable when he was not in net. It's my opinion. I wasn't taking a personal shot at him (not saying I never have), I was just saying that his performance was sub-par and he needs more than a little rebound next year. Personally, I'm expecting him to have a comeback season, but until he does, I'll continue to be critical of his performance in a Kings uniform because I know that he can play better than he has for us.

Closed Thread