HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Why is Sidney Crosby bashed so much?

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
TMLeafer

vCash: 500
He has all the talent in the world. But a very pissy personality.

That said, I don't hate him the way a lot of people do.

Old
02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer View Post
A little sensitive are we? I wasn't suggesting that at all. You said haters would hate him more and I responded by saying if he played more games like this it will make more people like him. I'm not saying he should have to do that to earn that, but life isn't always fair you know.
I was simply asking you questions. What would I be over-sensitive about? I believe this is a case of "context" being misread over the internet, in both our cases.

Old
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Crossovert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda71 View Post
What does that have to do with anything?

And the little insult at the end is about as creative as something a 5th grader would say.
Its just as stupid as saying crosby is not a whiner/diver liek pens fans claim.

Old
02-21-2009, 03:10 PM
eready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
There are many reasons Sid get's the hate that he does:

1 - He is marketed more then anyone else, which pisses people off. Regardless of the fact that he did a lot to revive the NHL after the lockout, people feel that their favorite players should get more attention. Honestly I don't care who they market. The NHL is a business and they're going to ride the Crosby cash-cow as long as they can, which is what they should do.

2 - He gives 'boring' interviews. He;s been under the microscope since his early teens and has been taught to say the right things. However, if you're going to pick a player based on his interview skild then you aren't a hockey fan.

3 - He was a whiner/diver his rookie year. He was getting abused every night and didn't handle it very well. Now that he's been labeled as a diver/whiner people will always revert to it whenever he talks to the refs or gets knocked down. Crosby's matures over the past 4 years but some fans haven't

4 - Because of his popularity, everything that he does is shown over and over, the bad and the good. Noone's perfect but luckily not many people have their mistakes repeatedly shown and talked bout.

5 - Normal star hatred. Look at Jeter and Manning. They're great players, which makes fans of opposing teams hate them.
+10. Perfectly summarized. People also forget that Gretzky took the same abuse when he was young...it was almost 'cool' not to like him. Not saying Crosby is as good as Gretz, but when you get labelled as the best player (rightly or wrongly) you will have as many haters are you do fans.

Old
02-21-2009, 03:12 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

ok, there's been one too many reports about conduct in this thread. I suppose it was wishful thinking that something like this would be able to run smoothly.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Closed Thread