HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev haters...

Old
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM
RussianStar

vCash: 500
Kovalev haters...

Where are they now....? Was there any of them hand clapping when he scored today... ?

RussianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Belso

I was blowing my horn too baby!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Seriously don't know how anyone could hate Kovalev.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Kovalev haters hate kovalev when he doesnt care. Today he looked like he cared so good for us !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
okay, can we all wait way more then 1 game before we start discussing trends?

how can you have a one game trend?, let's see how this plays out?

this is just as impatient to prove a point as the people who wanted Gainey fired 3 games ago for acquiring Schneider who "everyone" now wants to re-sign for 2-3 more years...

Guys! slow the roll!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianStar View Post
Where are they now....? Was there any of them hand clapping when he scored today... ?
I'll admit, I was one of them, but if a professional player making 4.5 mill a year needs a time out to get motivated, and this is only one game so far, so you can't really call on all the Kovalev haters out.

If he plays like this for the rest of the season, then by all means. I don't mean 3 points, or better, I mean a solid game, showing second effort. For whatever reason this season he and the fans feel that if he doesn't score, he's not succeeding. If he prevents goals from being scored, I still like him.

Since your name is "RussianStar" Are you Kovalev ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:55 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I am happy he played well and can only hope he keeps it up.

That being said, I still think the team plays better without him and I will not be angry if he is not re-signed this summer.

I might hate the way he plays with seemingly no effort, and the MASSIVE distraction he's been, consistenly, over the past 4 years...But I'll always clap when he scores and be happy when he plays well because I'm a Habs fan, and I want my team to win.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:58 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
you are damn right i was clapping

does 1 game make up for the numerous games he has played where it looks like he couldnt care less if we won or lost?

does it make up for the 2 years where he was completely useless??

no.

it was 1 game. so keep your panties on.

lets see if he can continue this strong play. im not going to judge him on his production. i am going to judge him on plays like he made during the pk today. if the hard work is there...i will be happy. but i also know if the hard work is there with a guy like kovy, the production WILL be there. unlike a guy like kosto, where hard work is how they stay in the nhl, kovy can turn that hard work into a WIN for his team.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Johnny Hotrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I am happy he played well and can only hope he keeps it up.

That being said, I still think the team plays better without him and I will not be angry if he is not re-signed this summer.

I might hate the way he plays with seemingly no effort, and the MASSIVE distraction he's been, consistenly, over the past 4 years...But I'll always clap when he scores and be happy when he plays well because I'm a Habs fan, and I want my team to win.
They lost both games without him and they missed the playoffs the year before he arrived.

Johnny Hotrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:36 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotrox View Post
They lost both games without him and they missed the playoffs the year before he arrived.
they won 3 of 15 before that where he scored 1 goal and no impact on any of the wins

they were also more competitive in the 2 without him that the majority of the 15 with him

Old
02-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Universe
Eh?

You have a right to hate someone when they aren't giving their everthing and is making money off of us watching him.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Berkut

Send a message via MSN to Berkut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal View Post
You have a right to hate someone when they aren't giving their everthing and is making money off of us watching him.
Then don't watch him. There, I solved your problem.

Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:58 AM
marvelousmotion

Kovalev is great... when he tries. He's totally useless when he does not. Hopefully, he'll continue to play well for the rest of the season and in the playoffs. If he does that, we're good for at least two rounds of playoffs.

I've played with a similar kind of guy before on my hockey team.. easily one of the most skilled guy of our league, but bad attitude and tended to get lazy. It was really frustrating to watch him play as a teammate, because there were moments where we knew he had the ability to make a difference if he tried, but he did not. It's also extremely annoying when you give your all for the team, but see another teammate not pushing in the same direction.. especially when you lose.

As much as I like Kovalev when he's on his game, when I see him play without emotion, he reminds me of that guy, and I hated him.

Anyways, you're never going to get entirely satisfied with Kovalev. You like him when he tries, but simply hate him when he does not. It's normal if you care for the team, I don't know where you are trying to go with this thread. If you manage to like him even when you see him playing without any emotion, I think you have a problem.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
totalrecall

Quote:
that's what I said too, but everybody else are pretty happy with BG's decision to sit Kovy for 2 games. What if we miss playoffs by 2 points?

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
we won 24 cups before he arrived too

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:23 AM
OneSharpMarble

Kovalev showed up tonight, now lets see if he takes his mandatory week off.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
that's what I said too, but everybody else are pretty happy with BG's decision to sit Kovy for 2 games. What if we miss playoffs by 2 points?
considering it woke up Plekanec it was a good move. and If it can wake up someone else I'm all for to sitting him for another 2 games...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
I guess maybe we'll blame Gainey for this move because it'll have cost us a bunch of positions in the draft?

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:37 AM
NewHabsEra*

Haters..

Are Gainey and Carbo haters? Gainey said exactly what I think of Kovalev, the team doesnt need him when he plays like he played most of the year.. He has to buy the system and work into it I was saying.. He has to click with his linemates as well..

He did it for 1 game.. lets see how it goes..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:49 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
you are damn right i was clapping

does 1 game make up for the numerous games he has played where it looks like he couldnt care less if we won or lost?
does it make up for the 2 years where he was completely useless??

no.

it was 1 game. so keep your panties on.
I don't think its fair to say that he doesn't care. Same could be said about our young partyboys ... about george being to heavy, about koivu being invisible on and off the ice during the past week.... higgins plays a lot better today than he did in a long time, are we gonna go back and say he didn't care at the time?

And to say kovy achieved nothing here and was useless during the past two years is blasphemy, he transformed our team last season and proved every expert wrong as he carried the team and also the powerplay to help us clinch a first conference title in ages.

the truth is, if half of what has been said on kovy was said about koivu, it would be the apocalypse on HF...

imo, during the past two years, kovy achieved more for us than any other player on the team , including koivu. I find it sad that our soon-to-be veterans like higgins and plekanec failed to offer a sustainable offensive production... but what is even worst is the mass failure among our fanbase to recognize the fact that kovy shouldn't even be carrying this team at this point in time.

Let's keep expecting career years for our beloved 36 years old , and keep on giving our youngsters a free ride ... to say the habs would be a better team without him ... I mean ... LAWL.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:21 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
I don't think its fair to say that he doesn't care. Same could be said about our young partyboys ... about george being to heavy, about koivu being invisible on and off the ice during the past week.... higgins plays a lot better today than he did in a long time, are we gonna go back and say he didn't care at the time?

And to say kovy achieved nothing here and was useless during the past two years is blasphemy, he transformed our team last season and proved every expert wrong as he carried the team and also the powerplay to help us clinch a first conference title in ages.

the truth is, if half of what has been said on kovy was said about koivu, it would be the apocalypse on HF...

imo, during the past two years, kovy achieved more for us than any other player on the team , including koivu. I find it sad that our soon-to-be veterans like higgins and plekanec failed to offer a sustainable offensive production... but what is even worst is the mass failure among our fanbase to recognize the fact that kovy shouldn't even be carrying this team at this point in time.

Let's keep expecting career years for our beloved 36 years old , and keep on giving our youngsters a free ride ... to say the habs would be a better team without him ... I mean ... LAWL.
i NEVER the last 2 years...i just said 2 years in total as hab he has been less than average imo. perhaps completely useless was a bit too harsh.

last season kovy was the MAIN reason we finished 1st. i never denied that.

i dont think we can compare higgins to kovy. higgins is nowhere near as talented as kovy. a lot of higgins bashing last year and this year is because we expect too much out of him. he plays a much bigger role than he should. he should not be carrying such an offensive load.

i also dont think its fair for people say kovalev carried this team to 1st in the east last season, but this season he is too old to carry us...and if that is the case..it just adds to the long list of reasons as to why a-kost should be playing with saku. having 2 strong scoring threats on different lines makes it much more difficult for teams to match up. andrei is at a point in his career where he is confident he can produce but he needs the puck. and when the going gets tough with kovy he tends to hold on to the puck longer, thus creating more turnovers, ultimtely meaning less puck possesion for andrei.

eitherway, if i see the kovy i saw today for the majority of our remaining games...i will be satisified...

Old
02-22-2009, 03:23 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Haters..

Are Gainey and Carbo haters? Gainey said exactly what I think of Kovalev, the team doesnt need him when he plays like he played most of the year.. He has to buy the system and work into it I was saying.. He has to click with his linemates as well..

He did it for 1 game.. lets see how it goes..
I know he probably has enough cash to do it but perhaps do you mean that the other way around?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:35 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
I'm still here, don't hate the guy but i don't like him either. One game isn't gonna change my opinion of Kovy. If you think i wasn't happy when he scored or i wasn't clapping, your wrong. The scorebaord says CANADIENS 1-0 not Kovalev.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:02 AM
couris

Haters? Kovalev is one of the leaders in this team and shows up 1 game on 10 while Koivu gives his 100% every game....Why Kovalev doesn't play like that from the beginning of the season???

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal View Post
You lucky s.o.b. You got season tickets.

Or are you referring to sitting on the couch with a 2-4.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote