HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-nsh

Old
02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Edm-nsh

Not a major deal, just one I'd like to see the Oil do, wondering if NSH fans would agree that its fair value?

To NSH: Pouliot, Schremp, 2nd

To EDM: Bonk, Zanon

Why NSH does it?
Nashville gets 2 cheap forwards (on a cash strapped team) who should both be able to crack the Preds lineup next year. Pouliot needs to find his role, but no doubt has established himself as an NHL regular. Schremp is a wildcard, but given the Preds lack of skilled prospects, should be given a better chance to become an NHL regular than he was in Edmonton. The 2nd rder should be in the 45-50 range.

Why EDM does it?
Fills 2 of the biggest voids on the team, face-off help and a stay at home d-man, in rental form. Also helps that Bonk is a center with size (though not physical).

IMO its fair value, though I'm sure I'm cueing up the Schremp haters who somehow feel a 22yr old former 1st rder, who's AHL numbers have dipped this year while playing on a putrid AHL team (but he was able to put up 3pts in 4 games in an NHL callup), holds negative value

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:57 AM
braindead

If it was the best offer available to the Preds, I'd do it if Zanon refused a reasonable extension. Not really exciting in any way though.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
I second that. The not exciting part.

I suppose it does help both teams...but Bonk? The oilers are really starting to hoard all the poo (granted I know nothing about bonk)

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
I second that. The not exciting part.

I suppose it does help both teams...but Bonk? The oilers are really starting to hoard all the poo (granted I know nothing about bonk)
Okay, imagine Samuel Pahlsson.

Now, imagine Samuel Pahlsson, with better offensive skills... from the Czech Republic.

That's pretty much Radek Bonk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
If it was the best offer available to the Preds, I'd do it if Zanon refused a reasonable extension. Not really exciting in any way though.
Heh, I would do it if Bonk won't re-sign. I think Bonk is more valuable to the team than Zanon in their respective roles.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Okay, imagine Samuel Pahlsson.

Now, imagine Samuel Pahlsson, with better offensive skills... from the Czech Republic.

That's pretty much Radek Bonk.
I don't know about that. Pahlsson was a beast in a shutdown role for the Ducks in their cup run. Bonk has more offence, but I don't know that he can bring anything close to Pahlsson's defensive game.

More intrigued by what he brings in the faceoff circle.

And yes, I realize this is a pretty boring offer, trying to go for the element of realism. Guess I chose the wrong site.

Old
02-21-2009, 12:58 PM
trademasterb*

Will Oilers fans ever realize nobody wants Schremp or Nilsson. Neither has the heart and desire to be good NHL pro's.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Will Oilers fans ever realize nobody wants Schremp or Nilsson. Neither has the heart and desire to be good NHL pro's.
Oilers fans do realize that no matter what players are involved "trademasterb" will come in and remind us that our entire roster is garbage. BTW, Why bring up Nilsson?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

Heh, I would do it if Bonk won't re-sign. I think Bonk is more valuable to the team than Zanon in their respective roles.
I get the feeling the Preds are content to let Bonk go- or at least don't expect to be able to re-sign him at the price they would like. I don't really have much basis for my view though.

Last edited by braindead: 02-21-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: killing sammy
Old
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
MrCementHead27

No way from this oiler fan, why would we trade away two guys with still alot of upside for an aging third line center and a stay at home d-man, Pouliot is basically a younger version of aloutgh Bonk is better denfense wise but Pouliet is more physical, Younger and probally more offensivly gifted, Schremp seems to take alot of heat from other Oiler fans but i would'nt trade him for Zanon when the oilers already have a few young stay at home d-men that can fill the injury void like Peckham, Smid, Chorney, Young or even Strudwick (not young but he is still there) i dont see why the Oil would make this trade it does'nt really benefit them in anyway.

MrCementHead27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:11 PM
predfan24

The problem is the trade deadline is close and while I think we are a longshot for the playoffs we simpy don't make this trade to a team we are chasing. That being said this is for once a realistic trade proposal and pretty fair vaule and i give you props for that.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 06:34 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

If it's enough to get the oil in the playoffs then I would do it.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
misfit

The Oilers have needed a player like Bonk all year. They've seemed perfectly happy not to try to get one all season, so I don't see why they'd be looking to do it now. Zanon is a decent player, but until the Oilers show they're serious about wanting to compete this year, I wouldn't count on them doing much of anything.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Nashville gets ripped.

They lose a guy who can win faceoffs, and a beast who blocks more shots than Roloson.

Nashville gets a bust in Schrimp, a scrub in Pouliot, and a 2nd.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
Nashville gets ripped.

They lose a guy who can win faceoffs, and a beast who blocks more shots than Roloson.

Nashville gets a bust in Schrimp, a scrub in Pouliot, and a 2nd.

You forget that Zanon and Bonk are UFA's though.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
You forget that Zanon and Bonk are UFA's though.
No he didn't. He remembered he was a Flamer, and therefore any trade to better the Oil shouldn't happen (given we'll likely meet the Flamers in the 1st rd).

To those who don't like this from the Oil's side, Zanon and Bonk are exactly what we need. The 2nd rder is arguably the most valuable component of this deal, and that's not that much to give up to fill 2 holes at the deadline. Pouliot is what he is, a 3rd liner with some potential to grow offensively. Schremp is the coin-flip. If he becomes 3/4 as good as what some Oil fans hoped for, NSH wins hands down. Its a risk, but one that can pay off in the form of getting past the 1st rd (especially if it were against the Flamers). Seems to me NSH fans feel this is fair value, but I agree with predfan24, there's no way this happens until March 4th where the Preds know what their chances are.

Old
02-21-2009, 08:23 PM
DousedInOil

This is a trade that makes sense for both teams. The oilers get older, better on the penalty kill, and has someone that can complement their offensive defencemen. Zanon and Bonk are defenitly worth getting. Pouliot has been outplayed by Cogliano, Gagner and Nilsson. Schremp isn't going to play as long as MacT is coach.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 09:03 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Great. More of our junk for good players. The best thing the Oilers give up is the 2nd round pick. No way does Nashville do this. Makes no sense for them what so ever.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:45 PM
backhander

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
ick71

Take bonk out and add tootoo and it would be a deal.

ick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:05 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

lol BONK
i love that name
it's a ****ing verb, too

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Loweded
Twitter: @Loweded

Done deal.

Loweded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Oil View Post
Great. More of our junk for good players. The best thing the Oilers give up is the 2nd round pick. No way does Nashville do this. Makes no sense for them what so ever.
Ahh, yes, no Oiler proposal is complete without the budding optimism of Desert Oil. Everything we offer is junk, clearly. Even more compelling - the fact that Preds fans seemed to think "our junk" was fair value (if they're out of the playoff race March 4th).

So please, great evaluater of proposals, tell me what Zanon and Bonk are worth. Both are UFA's, neither being a top 6 F/top 4 d. Explain to me what that is worth... but obviously you will need to use another team's roster as an example, given our roster's collection of junk

Old
02-22-2009, 10:42 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ick71 View Post
Take bonk out and add tootoo and it would be a deal.
I hope you are joking. It's a mediocre package offered to rent two UFA's. If the Preds aren't interested in bringing them back or can't get an extension AND are out of the playoff race AND can't get anything better, then they might take it. Add any player under contract (well, other than Belak) from the Preds and you get laughed out of town.