HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mattias Ohlund

Old
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Mattias Ohlund

Over the past 10 games or so he has seen his ice-time regularly decrease from the 23/24 min/game or thereabout he regularly saw earlier in the season to around 20 min/game. This in large part due to Sami Salo and Shane O'Brien returning to the line-up as well as the improved play of Alex Edler. I don't see Ohlund being re-signed by the Canucks as I feel Ohlund is likely looking to get one last pay day and I don't see the Canucks will to offer him it. He's still a quality top 4 blueliner but isn't at the level he was a few years ago.

The only way I see the Canucks approaching him to waive his NTC is if they have a deal in place for a better defenseman, say JayBo, Niedermayer or Pronger, and they get good value in return for Ohlund. So the likelihood of Ohlund waiving his NTC and Vancouver having a separate deal in place probably isn't too high but I'd like to know what his value would be to a team out East such as Boston, New Jersey, Washington etc.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:04 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Over the past 10 games or so he has seen his ice-time regularly decrease from the 23/24 min/game or thereabout he regularly saw earlier in the season to around 20 min/game. This in large part due to Sami Salo and Shane O'Brien returning to the line-up as well as the improved play of Alex Edler. I don't see Ohlund being re-signed by the Canucks as I feel Ohlund is likely looking to get one last pay day and I don't see the Canucks will to offer him it. He's still a quality top 4 blueliner but isn't at the level he was a few years ago.

The only way I see the Canucks approaching him to waive his NTC is if they have a deal in place for a better defenseman, say JayBo, Niedermayer or Pronger, and they get good value in return for Ohlund. So the likelihood of Ohlund waiving his NTC and Vancouver having a separate deal in place probably isn't too high but I'd like to know what his value would be to a team out East such as Boston, New Jersey, Washington etc.

Same value as Mathieu Schneider

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Same value as Mathieu Schneider
Sleep late last night, did you?

*sigh* The least I honestly think Ohlund would get at the deadline is a 1st rounder. He's not who he used to be.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote