HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chris Higgins

Old
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The next time we draft a non local player who claims to have been a long time fan of the Habs, I will puke... The last two we have drafted (Higgins and Valentenko) have not only shown that they are screwed up in the head, but have also shown great disrespect to the organization they claim to love so much.

Let's just hope PK Subban is a few notches above these two clowns.

please tell me what Higgins has done to warrant that?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
ok... I will pass the fact that you just countered your whole point and jump to your ridiculous argument for Higgins

Higgins always gave his best for the habs, and you cannot deny it whatever the year he had

Valetenko I can agree but you are a gutless puke to put Higgins in the same categotie as him
You mean the Higgins who threw Ryder under the bus? The Higgins who would prefer an enema over having to stick up for a teammate... hell, the Higgins who couldn't even answer Mike Green's challenge even though it would of meant getting Green off the ice for 5 minutes last week. When I saw him turn down Green and follow it up with a smirk of his own, I really couldn't believe it.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
You mean the Higgins who threw Ryder under the bus? The Higgins who would prefer an enema over having to stick up for a teammate... hell, the Higgins who couldn't even answer Mike Green's challenge even though it would of meant getting Green off the ice for 5 minutes last week. When I saw him turn down Green and follow it up with a smirk of his own, I really couldn't believe it.
throwing Ryder under the bus?

Not fighting Green?

WTH are you smoking?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
throwing Ryder under the bus?

Not fighting Green?

WTH are you smoking?
Why am I the one smoking something when my memory isn't the one that's all messed up.

I mean, I can understand the Ryder part because that was a year or two ago... but him and Green got tangled up last week. I guess you listened to that game on the radio.

Old
02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Souvenirs

Someone will have to explain that throwing Ryder under the bus thing, Higgins would never bash Ryder, they were buddies.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
mario66lemieux*

Higgins is such an annoying hockey player.

I cant tell how many times pucks bounce over his stick, how many freakin scoring chances he misses, how many times he just ruins the play at the opposing teams blueline on the left side where he just comes in and as hes about to get hit because he's so predictable, he just takes a weak shot at the net.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Why am I the one smoking something when my memory isn't the one that's all messed up.

I mean, I can understand the Ryder part because that was a year or two ago... but him and Green got tangled up last week. I guess you listened to that game on the radio.
I don't understand why refusing to fight Green was a disgrace to the Habs organisation

If so, Crosby must have disgraced the pens name a few times

Old
02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I'd say trade him while he might still have some value...

And you also said Higgins no doubt is at the center of the Mangiola/Axe scandal, I think everyone knows prejudice towards him

Coupled with when Sergei got sent down and AK stepped up isnt it about time you chowed down on the crow?

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:02 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
higgins is a victim of the organization's inability to adress certain needs.

he plays on the 1st line and yes he can score 27 goals but we all know if he had that true finishing touch he could have had so many more goals.

higgins is a player who was drafted to play on the 2nd or 3rd line as a solid two way player which is what he is. he has very good awareness and is in the right spot at right times which in the end hurts him because it exposes his flaw as a goal scorer.

imo, a perfect spot for him is on the 3rd line with laps and kosto to complete a very solid shutdown line that can also grind it out in the offensive zone.

a-kost takes his place on the 1st and maxpac takes the open spot on the 2nd.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

As for the second statement, those are rumours and if rumours were true, Lecavalier would be a Hab.

He lost is A. What more proof do you need?

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
He lost is A. What more proof do you need?
A's come and go. He lost his A to his good buddy Komisarek who's scheduled to become a UFA.

The Canucks named their goaltender Captain in an attempt to get him to stay beyond his current contract. Not the first or the last time that it's done.

Find me something harder to break apart...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:13 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
A's come and go. He lost his A to his good buddy Komisarek who's scheduled to become a UFA.

The Canucks named their goaltender Captain in an attempt to get him to stay beyond his current contract. Not the first or the last time that it's done.

Find me something harder to break apart...
When Higs got the A, he keeps missing the net.. now that Komo has the A, he always missed his pass..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
AH

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kovalev was sent home to get rest

That's bull and you know it. He was dogging it and Gainey told him to go home. They could have faked an injury on Kovy and sent him home to get rest. But no, they didn't do it like that.

Old
02-22-2009, 04:22 PM
AH

Quote:
he never partied enough to the point it affected his game, he's still a very good player
He used to be a very good player. Right now, he is somewhere around the importance of Latendresse on the roster.

No will call Latendresse a 'very good player' at this point.

Old
02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
So why didn't Kostopoulos keep the A yesterday even after Kovalev came back? I mean, didn't the Habs publicly accuse Kovalev of playing like a dog by sending him home for two days?

You don't lose the A without having done something REAL bad .
So where's the reluctance in proving what you're advancing instead of throwing out free accusations out of the blue?

Quote:
I fail to see why the onus is on us to dig up the article (one that was definitely discussed on these very boards) in question. You're the one who missed a pretty big piece, so you look it up.

Higgins threw Ryder under the bus: Fact.
How so? I follow my hockey, especially the Habs, rather religiously and I never saw anything to prove that Higgins did anything like what the both of you are claiming. If you told the truth, it should be pretty easy to prove, no? I do recognize that it's impossible to prove something that's made up though.

Old
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
you just can't explain how it happened why should I believe you hater?
Ryder was missing chances galore (ironically, it wasn't any worse than todays Higgins) and Higgins was interviewed after or game or practice and was asked how the team/his line can step it up and he said something to the effect of: if Ryder wasn't wasting all his chances, then we wouldn't find ourselves in the position we're in (having to come from behind in games).

Old
02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Kirk Muller

Higgs is a solid player however ideally he is a second liner. He also should be a complimentary player on the scoring lines and not a focus like he has been in past years which speaks more to Montreal's lack of a legitimate sniper.

It will be interesting to see how Tanguay, Koivu, and Higgins work together as that will be the likely combo. Once again though, we are seeing two great set up men to one decent scorer.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Ryder was missing chances galore (ironically, it wasn't any worse than todays Higgins) and Higgins was interviewed after or game or practice and was asked how the team/his line can step it up and he said something to the effect of: if Ryder wasn't wasting all his chances, then we wouldn't find ourselves in the position we're in.
I never heard that before and I follow closely the habs since post- lockout

Old
02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Mue

Quote:
I never heard that before and I follow closely the habs since post- lockout
You're not the only one.

I'm around here too much and I don't remember that at all. I do remember Ribeiro stating something like 'if Ryder was able to score on more of the chances I set him up for we'd be fine'. Ribs denied that he said it. But I don't remember Higgins saying anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn
higgins threw Ryder under the bus, it was a clear fact.

Just face it.
Yeah, because you're the voice of reason on all things related to Higgins - about as balanced as Iwishihadacup when discussing Kovalev.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
of course... you surely have the biggest credibility around here in higgins bashing

I have yet to read an article or hf thread about it, i did a preliminary forum search and found nothin
No no, they mean he literally threw Ryder under a bus... they were walking down St-Cath, and Higgins pushed Ryder... Ryder injured his arm as he was thrown under the bus, which resulted in him not scoring last year...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
No no, they mean he literally threw Ryder under a bus... they were walking down St-Cath, and Higgins pushed Ryder... Ryder injured his arm as he was thrown under the bus, which resulted in him not scoring last year...

OH THE BASTIDGE

what a disgrace

Old
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I remember it very clearly as well. Higgins threw Ryder under the bus and it wasn't well received here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
higgins threw Ryder under the bus, it was a clear fact.

Just face it.
Instead of throwing ****ing bullcrap accusations, why don't you all inform us all, fairweather fans, what Higgins said or did to throw his best friend under the bus. If it's true, it should be relatively easy to prove, no?

I call BS!

Old
02-22-2009, 05:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I call BS on it too.

You guys with your hidden agendas against Higgins, you are no better than the members of the media you bash.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I call BS on it too.

You guys with your hidden agendas against Higgins, you are no better than the members of the media you bash.
I call BS

Old
02-22-2009, 05:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
It's not like the Habs to strip players of a letter on their jersey for absolutely NO REASON.

You have to be a complete deaf mute to not realize something real bad occurred behind the scenes.
Not your finest witticism.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote