HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild-Rangers

Old
02-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I'm not giving up Zidlicky, when Foster gets back up on his feet 100% of the way we have three amazing blue lines in Burns/Schultz, Skoula/Johnnson, Zidlicky/Foster.
Would you not think that the Wild would move him just because they have too many Dmen as is and he makes 3.5 or so

In this case I would think from their perspective they have a great hockey fan base..........getting Gomez is alot of cash but it says to them that yea Gaborik won't resign but we went out and got a good player back for him

Wild can take Kalinin back for the 6th spot and he can split time with Bergeron

Something like:

Gaborik, Zidlicky

for

Gomez, Prucha, Kalinin, solid pick

These teams could both use a move like this

Last edited by Vitto79: 02-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Wow, I guess Rangers fans want Gomez out pretty badly. I'm not sure if I would be for it, but I'd consider it for certain.
Quite simply the team needs a change...........Dealing Gomez would clear alot of cap space.....Gaborik is hurt alot but he would be playing for a contract and well more imortantly he is a true sniper when healthy

I would think of him like a Havlat in Chicago. When healthy like he is this year he is onle of the best in the game

It can't get worse right now so even if Gaborik walks it opens up Cap Space for next yrs FA group and they can also resign Dubinsky and Zherdev and not have to worry about it

I also think the Rangers move Rozsvial first and foremost cause he has the most value out of their high priced contracts..........they can't move Redden it's impossible so they have to hold onto him and hope the Sanguinettis and DelZottos can come up within 2 yrs

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Would you not think that the Wild would move him just because they have too many Dmen as is and he makes 3.5 or so

In this case I would think from their perspective they have a great hockey fan base..........getting Gomez is alot of cash but it says to them that yea Gaborik won't resign but we went out and got a good player back for him

Wild can take Kalinin back for the 6th spot and he can split time with Bergeron

Something like:

Gaborik, Zidlicky

for

Gomez, Prucha, Kalinin, solid pick

These teams could both use a move like this
I like the deal and it does make sense in a lot of ways, its just hard for me to accept losing probably the best free agent pickup since Rolston. The cap room though helps in hopefully grabbing Rolston (again) and formulating a line of Nolan-Gomez-Rolston and Brunette-Koivu-Andi with PMB on the 3rd line with Prucha. If I knew this would actually happen, I would probably accept it and just go with it though. And yes this is coming from a STH with the Wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Quite simply the team needs a change...........Dealing Gomez would clear alot of cap space.....Gaborik is hurt alot but he would be playing for a contract and well more imortantly he is a true sniper when healthy

I would think of him like a Havlat in Chicago. When healthy like he is this year he is onle of the best in the game

It can't get worse right now so even if Gaborik walks it opens up Cap Space for next yrs FA group and they can also resign Dubinsky and Zherdev and not have to worry about it

I also think the Rangers move Rozsvial first and foremost cause he has the most value out of their high priced contracts..........they can't move Redden it's impossible so they have to hold onto him and hope the Sanguinettis and DelZottos can come up within 2 yrs
Honestly I couldn't tell you why, when so many ppl on the Wild fanbase would want Drury if we were going to make a trade, I just like the fact Gomez has worked in this system before and I honestly think he could be a force in the WC and we need that presence. Rangers need scoring flat out. I'm not a Gaborik hater, far from it considering I have about 5 jersey's of his including a CCM Green Authentic signed by him, but he needs a new team to prosper and this whole Minnesota mentality of "we want to keep him until he retires so he can be the first retired" is a weak excuse. I want someone who fits into this system. Hell, there quite a few who were ready to unload him for Higgins straight up basically.....really?

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
The Wild would rather have 7.3 million in cap space than Gomez. It's that simple.
Oh really? Tell me who you would sign and that would actually come to Minnesota, please enlighten me. Here is the list:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=578768

and please don't just list all-star players, or close to it, who would not thrive on this system. Put actual players who are going to benefit this team. At this point 80% of the Wild fanbase just wants a superstar who can score but won't fit into this system.

Old
02-22-2009, 11:39 AM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
No one is going to give prospects or picks for gaborik there is too much risk with him being injured all the time....they either let him walk or they absorb a big contract coming back

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:46 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
No one is going to give prospects or picks for gaborik there is too much risk with him being injured all the time....they either let him walk or they absorb a big contract coming back
I don't want them anyways, I tried to make it as real as I possibly could and tried to throw in the incentive in case he couldn't dress until even playoff time just in case. Picks for Minnesota have been washes anyways since Burns almost.

Old
02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Oh really? Tell me who you would sign and that would actually come to Minnesota, please enlighten me. Here is the list:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=578768

and please don't just list all-star players, or close to it, who would not thrive on this system. Put actual players who are going to benefit this team. At this point 80% of the Wild fanbase just wants a superstar who can score but won't fit into this system.
You are insanely short-sighted, almost to moronic levels. Gomez is signed for a cap hit of 7.36 million/year cap hit for the next 5 seasons. The Wild already have tons of playmakers: Bouchard, Koivu, Brunette, Sheppard, and Belanger. Gomez would add little to this team and cost us a TON.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Wild:
Gomez

Rangers:
Gaborik
Bergeron

Conditional:
If Gaborik is not healthy by the end of March you'll also acquire 2009 4th round pick, 2010 2nd round pick

We get a player most Rangers fans don't want anymore anyways. Huge salary dump, and we get someone who has played under JL before and understands our system.

Rags get the possibility of a revitalized Gaborik who will want to prove his wants to stay in the EC and is vital to the team, and with this last surgery supposedly helping to cure his glass lower body, he could finally reach full potential either this year in a playoff run (which is where he normally thrives baring in mind last year against the Avs he was playing hurt) or can help make a division run in 2009/2010. Also getting a great d-man who can play the position pretty well for his price (around $1.45M)
Not a chance from the Wild!

The Rangers made their bed with the Drury, Gomez and Redden contracts and I really doubt other GM's are going to rush to bail you out.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:07 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post

Really nobody is going to give picks or prospects? Since I'm sure you know that for certain I'm guessing the Wild will take their chances. Maybe it's time the Rangers and Yankees get it through their heads that throwing huge money at players doesn't win.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:14 PM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Mites View Post
Really nobody is going to give picks or prospects? Since I'm sure you know that for certain I'm guessing the Wild will take their chances. Maybe it's time the Rangers and Yankees get it through their heads that throwing huge money at players doesn't win.
Just like your so certain that other gm's wont bail us out right?

Old
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Nunymare
Global Moderator
When will it end?

vCash: 499
Good trade.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

there are 3 people with the same avatar here.... i don't think the wild would do this, but w/e

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:16 PM
BrianLeetch2

I dont think its that bad of a trade...its just a salary dump for rangers they wont keep gaborik unless he signs for like 4 mil but that will never happen....But i guess the wild will just take their chances

Old
02-22-2009, 05:23 PM
pmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It's one year of $3.35 million for Zidlicky.Including Zidlicky's salary makes it's easier for Minnesota to accept Gomez.There are two teams involved her.Not just the Rangers.Minnesota has money coming off the books after 09-10.I don't expect Risebrough to add $7 million for 09-10 and not have the Rangers take back some salary.The Rangers would save $4 million for next season.

Any Staal and Girardi extensions don't kick in until 10-11.Zidlicky will be off the books.Besides Zidlicky would the Rangers first defenseman since Leetchie with any semblance on how to run a PP from the point.Zidlicky would be a stop gap.
If they offered Belanger and Gaborik for Gomez and Voros, Sather should take the deal and RUN. Don't ask for Zidlicky, just accept and run before Risebrough changes his mind. Glen will never find something this sweet for the Rangers' salary cap space.

And I don't think that this team will make any type of run in the playoffs (if we even make the playoffs), especially if we trade Gomez for Gaborik. Gomez isn't doing much, but at least he's healthy. Gabby won't play, therefore, we lose a body at forward and it'll be replaced by somebody like Anisimov (who at this point in his career is inferior to Gomez). We downgrade for this season, but the trade will give us more flexibility in the very near future. By taking on this trade we get a lot of flexibility, but if we added an extra contract in Zidlicky, we lose a little bit of that flexibility.

And our ufa/rfa situation after this year:
Zherdev-making 2.5 mill, I think that he'll want something close to/possibly over 4 or he'll go to Russia. He's been a solid addition for the Rangers, and I think it's in the Rangers best interests to keep him around long term if we can.
Dubi-making 633,333, will demand about 1.5-2 million, even after a relatively sub-par season
Callahan-making 575k, probably wants about 900k-1 mil.
Mara deserves a pay raise, imo
The whole 4th line might want more money
Korpedo's salary will probably stay as it is, or even go down, who knows.
We're probably adding almost 2 million for Avery for next year, as well.

After a rough calculation, I'd say we're looking at about 3-4 million being given to those players, who have played solidly for the Rangers this year. Zidlicky's 4 million might complicate that situation, that's all.

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:59 PM
trademasterb*

Gomez is a very good player who has a moron as a coach. Same problem the rest of the Rangers have and don't kid yourself into thinking other GM's don't see that. There are quite a few teams who would take Gomez in a second if they could send maybe 2-3 million back the other way which is quite easy to do.

It's really pointless to argue with the anti NY hating fans on this board. Let them believe that nobody will take any Rangers player making over 5 million who isn't named Lundqvist. They have no clue.

It's just a matter of who Sather wants to move. With Drury, it's a matter of whether he will want to move. He has a NMC.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
pmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Gomez is a very good player who has a moron as a coach. Same problem the rest of the Rangers have and don't kid yourself into thinking other GM's don't see that. There are quite a few teams who would take Gomez in a second if they could send maybe 2-3 million back the other way which is quite easy to do.

It's really pointless to argue with the anti NY hating fans on this board. Let them believe that nobody will take any Rangers player making over 5 million who isn't named Lundqvist. They have no clue.

It's just a matter of who Sather wants to move. With Drury, it's a matter of whether he will want to move. He has a NMC.
So tell me specifically what team would take Scott Gomez off our hands?

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote