HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nyi / Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
  #1
bringbackziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Nyi / Edm

my first trade proposal

To NYI: Ladislav Smid

To EDM: Bill Guerin

There would probably be some other assets involved going each way but this would be the center of the trade. Guerin also has a NTC so this is assuming he'd be willing to waive it to go to EDM which I'm basing on nothing just for the sake of the trade. Let me know what you think of the trade as is and what would have to be added going each way to make it possible. Thanks!

bringbackziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
  #2
Gagner West
Registered User
 
Gagner West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PEI
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
How about Edmonton's first instead?

Gagner West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
  #3
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 25,482
vCash: 500
Any chance the OP is a fan of the island?

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
  #4
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbackziggy View Post
my first trade proposal

To NYI: Ladislav Smid

To EDM: Bill Guerin

There would probably be some other assets involved going each way but this would be the center of the trade. Guerin also has a NTC so this is assuming he'd be willing to waive it to go to EDM which I'm basing on nothing just for the sake of the trade. Let me know what you think of the trade as is and what would have to be added going each way to make it possible. Thanks!

With Smid's play of late, He// freaking No.

I like the Idea of getting Bill Guerin however with our injuries in the back-end, Smid has become more important than ever, this kid is going to be good.

The Oilers are stretched to the contract limit, how about some Mid-Level Prospect(s) and a pick?

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
  #5
Okposofan21
Registered User
 
Okposofan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
i don't want ladislav smid

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
  #6
Okposofan21
Registered User
 
Okposofan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
With Smid's play of late, He// freaking No.

I like the Idea of getting Bill Guerin however with our injuries in the back-end, Smid has become more important than ever, this kid is going to be good.

The Oilers are stretched to the contract limit, how about some Mid-Level Prospect(s) and a pick?
a pick will do.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
  #7
IslesFTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,456
vCash: 500
Counter

Bill Guerin, SJ 1st, NYI 5th for EDM 1st

Thoughts?

IslesFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:44 PM
  #8
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by defensewins631 View Post
Counter

Bill Guerin, SJ 1st, NYI 5th for EDM 1st

Thoughts?
I doubt heavily the Oilers give up their 1st

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:45 PM
  #9
bringbackziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic19 View Post
Any chance the OP is a fan of the island?
Yes I am an Islanders fan, so I don't get to see many if any EDM games, I've read in a couple places that Smid was available so I figured I would try to see what it would take to get him to the Islanders. I read that he has potential to be a player comparable to Kenny Jonsson and found it intriguing. I am unaware of his recent play but I have heard in the past that EDM fans were disappointed in his play.

bringbackziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
  #10
canuckulous
 
canuckulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
For where the Isles are right now, this deal would make a ton of sense for them, imo.

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
  #11
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbackziggy View Post
Yes I am an Islanders fan, so I don't get to see many if any EDM games, I've read in a couple places that Smid was available so I figured I would try to see what it would take to get him to the Islanders. I read that he has potential to be a player comparable to Kenny Jonsson and found it intriguing. I am unaware of his recent play but I have heard in the past that EDM fans were disappointed in his play.

He's not, I don't know where you read that.

Smid doesn't get traded unless its for a forward equivalent, aka a very promising Top 6 winger that is 22~ish.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
  #12
Traktor*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
i don't want ladislav smid
Good luck returning a better asset than Smid.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:01 PM
  #13
highoffglass
Cheers!
 
highoffglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
I would doubt the Oilers trade smid, he has been great recently

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
  #14
Tad McMikowsky
Retired
 
Tad McMikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,074
vCash: 500
Not a bad trade, but I'd prefer to deal a pick instead.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
  #15
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
a pick will do.
Just a slightly better pick than required to get that underachiever okposo.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:15 PM
  #16
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,803
vCash: 500
Guerin for Petry?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:15 PM
  #17
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Just a slightly better pick than required to get that underachiever okposo.
Okposo's not an underachiever, what are you talking about?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:16 PM
  #18
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
i don't want ladislav smid
Good, because there is nobody on your roster outside of your couple untouchables I would trade him for.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:19 PM
  #19
MikeyMike01
Hurray
 
MikeyMike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01 Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Just a slightly better pick than required to get that underachiever okposo.

MikeyMike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:20 PM
  #20
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Guerin for Petry?


Not trading our #1 prospect for Guerin.

Thats like me saying :

Cole for Figren

Try Guerin for :

-One of Cody Wild / Schremp / Vande Velde / Potulny / Jacques / Trukno / O'Marra
-2nd '09

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM
  #21
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Guerin for Petry?
No from me. I'd do Guerin for Chorney+, but I wouldn't want to give up a guy with Petry's upside for an aging UFA rental in a year we are unlikely to make much noise. But I am a huge Petry fan.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
  #22
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
No from me. I'd do Guerin for Chorney+, but I wouldn't want to give up a guy with Petry's upside for an aging UFA rental in a year we are unlikely to make much noise. But I am a huge Petry fan.
Chorney would be just fine

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:25 PM
  #23
TkachevYak2Slepy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Terrible trade idea from Oilers Standpoint - talk about under-rating smid for a UFA
Would you trade Bergenheim for Penner who isn't?


Last edited by TkachevYak2Slepy: 02-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.
TkachevYak2Slepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
  #24
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
Chorney would be just fine
Nope, with the grooming and marketing that has gone into Chorney, I don't see him traded.

See the guys I listed above.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
  #25
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Just a slightly better pick than required to get that underachiever okposo.
I wouldnt trade Kyle for Hemsky thats how good I think Okposo will be

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.