HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was - Ana

Old
02-22-2009, 04:24 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
As dominat as Pronger is Wash would be better going for (cost cheaper)a goalie. Roloson from Edm provided they drop down as well--2nd or maybe a 1st,or overpay to get Backstrom from Minny (they have a very tough schedule in the next week)
Why? Theo's played really well since Christmas, and they've got two blue-chip youngsters that have shown they can handle a game or two up here. D is a much bigger priority than G right now, even if both could stand to be addressed in some form or another.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
The Caps don't have the players to give up to get Pronger.
First off the Ducks do not want an overpaid and under performing player like Nylander for the main player in a trade for a top 5 D-men in the NHL. The Ducks would never do this trade. Nylander for 4.9 million for the next 2 seasons? NO THANKS. The reason why the Ducks would trade Pronger is to SAVE MONEY.
If Mike Comrie can get a 1st rounder then Pronger should easily get a 1st rounder a top 6 forward and a high D-men prospect.
Actually, the Caps have exactly the players that the Ducks would want. The Capitals system is teeming with quality top half of the lineup prospects at various stages of developement. These will be inexpensive players at the NHL level when they start.

The Caps have three quality young wings, with at least 2nd line level upside, Fehr, Osala and Bourque. They have two top pair defense prospects, Alzner and Carlson, and several 2nd pair level prospects from monster sized Finley to puck moving Lepisto, McNeil and Godfrey. One or two of these and a first round pick is what the Ducks will want. Not roster players.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
As dominat as Pronger is Wash would be better going for (cost cheaper)a goalie. Roloson from Edm provided they drop down as well--2nd or maybe a 1st,or overpay to get Backstrom from Minny (they have a very tough schedule in the next week)
Roloson would make Washington worse in net. Theo has been fine. Goaltending is not an issue, and we don't need any help there.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
muskiefish

ANA wold trade pronger to Wash but it would have to be a GREAT prospect and a player plus a 1st or 2nd pick.....Alzner or Carlson would be the prospects

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
GM Bob Murray indicated last night that if the Ducks would make a trade, they would like to surround Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan with young talent that is ready to play now.

So, he isn't interested in projects and draft picks as much as prospects that are ready to make an impact right now.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:19 PM
muskiefish

I agree with what he said but Alzner and Carlson are both able to come in and send down Salcido, Mikkelson, or Festerling dont you think and CP has played under par all season( just like the rest of the team)

Old
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Actually, the Caps have exactly the players that the Ducks would want. The Capitals system is teeming with quality top half of the lineup prospects at various stages of developement. These will be inexpensive players at the NHL level when they start.

The Caps have three quality young wings, with at least 2nd line level upside, Fehr, Osala and Bourque. They have two top pair defense prospects, Alzner and Carlson, and several 2nd pair level prospects from monster sized Finley to puck moving Lepisto, McNeil and Godfrey. One or two of these and a first round pick is what the Ducks will want. Not roster players.
Fehr might have "at least 2nd line level upside". I'm not sure how you're calling Osala "at least 2nd line level upside"... he didn't even put up point per game numbers in the OHL. Something you'd expect from a future top-6 forward. As far as Chris Bourque, he's an undersized 2nd round pick who (IMO) was picked due to his farther. He's been an ok player at the AHL, and the times I have seen him live have been pretty unimpressive. He's 23 and his best AHL season to date is 25 goals, 33 assists in 76 games.

Now Washington's defensive prospect group is a different story all together. If their willing to give up 3 of: Carlson, Lepisto, McNeil, Godfrey plus a 1st, they should be able to easily land Pronger. The Ducks need young defensemen... I'm sure they'd like some defensemen a little more NHL ready, but (IMO) Lepisto, McNeil, and Godfrey could all play in the NHL in ~2 years.

I don't know anything about Finley other then his draft position, his size and that he might of been drafted that high due to his size only.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
GM Bob Murray indicated last night that if the Ducks would make a trade, they would like to surround Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan with young talent that is ready to play now.

So, he isn't interested in projects and draft picks as much as prospects that are ready to make an impact right now.
If Pronger is on the market I hope Gillis can make an offer. He says he's not interested in trading high picks/prospects for a rental player but Pronger won't be a rental and the Canucks have some roster players they could move for a player such as Pronger. I'm sure Kevin Bieksa and Alex Edler would be of some interest to the Ducks going forward.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I don't see the deal with Washington happening unless Alzner comes back. I would do the deal with Alzner and a 1st. Alzner is ready to play in the NHL and he is the young talent Murray wants to surround Getz and Perry with. I don't know if Washington would do it, and I don't know their contract situations regarding the cap for not only this year but next year, but from an Anaheim perspective I'm not sure we could get a better offer than that. I like Carlson, sure, but he seems more of a project and likely wont make the NHL full time until two years, but the Ducks have D prospects like Mikkelson, Salcido, Mitera, and Festerling who are on the track to be full time next year if they can prove themselves, plus Gardiner might be ready in 2 years as well.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
muskiefish

OH ya im sure if those 2 were being offered we could make some kind of deal after all Van is not a team we are worried about all to much. I would say those to plus a high pick or burrows/bernier/ohland

Old
02-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiefish View Post
OH ya im sure if those 2 were being offered we could make some kind of deal after all Van is not a team we are worried about all to much. I would say those to plus a high pick or burrows/bernier/ohland
The Canucks wouldn't offer both, one or the other. If Anaheim expects two top 4 d-man signed long term in return for Pronger, than he simply won't be dealt.

Old
02-22-2009, 05:43 PM
txpd

Quote:
ANA wold trade pronger to Wash but it would have to be a GREAT prospect and a player plus a 1st or 2nd pick.....Alzner or Carlson would be the prospects
"a player". that is kind of open to interpritation. eh? can you be more specific?

Old
02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
I don't see the deal with Washington happening unless Alzner comes back. I would do the deal with Alzner and a 1st. Alzner is ready to play in the NHL and he is the young talent Murray wants to surround Getz and Perry with. I don't know if Washington would do it, and I don't know their contract situations regarding the cap for not only this year but next year, but from an Anaheim perspective I'm not sure we could get a better offer than that. I like Carlson, sure, but he seems more of a project and likely wont make the NHL full time until two years, but the Ducks have D prospects like Mikkelson, Salcido, Mitera, and Festerling who are on the track to be full time next year if they can prove themselves, plus Gardiner might be ready in 2 years as well.
I think you have to decide what you want. Are you looking to turn the team around in one off season? That would be ambitious and its hard to do.

Do you think there is a player as good as Alzner or better that will be offered from another team? There are very few of those.

Carlson was a steal where he was picked, but Alzner is a quality top 5 choice player. While I can see trading Carlson, I think they would go with what they've got if they had to give up Alzner.

Old
02-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
I agree with what he said but Alzner and Carlson are both able to come in and send down Salcido, Mikkelson, or Festerling dont you think and CP has played under par all season( just like the rest of the team)
Alzner could but Carlson wouldn't be able to play until his season with the London Knights is over.

A deal where Anaheim gets young NHL-ready talent may be easier to make in the offseason or the draft...at least when it comes to deals which would include actual NHL roster players. Salary won't be nearly as big of an issue in the offseason for other teams and more teams could be in play which should drive up the price. Plus, by then you'd hope there would be certainty concerning Niedermayer's future. I'd think Murray would only deal Pronger before the deadline if it's a deal he just can't pass up.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
"a player". that is kind of open to interpritation. eh? can you be more specific?
either laich fleischman would be the player's in return that would be asked for.

Old
02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Alzner could but Carlson wouldn't be able to play until his season with the London Knights is over.

A deal where Anaheim gets young NHL-ready talent may be easier to make in the offseason or the draft...at least when it comes to deals which would include actual NHL roster players. Salary won't be nearly as big of an issue in the offseason for other teams and more teams could be in play which should drive up the price. Plus, by then you'd hope there would be certainty concerning Niedermayer's future. I'd think Murray would only deal Pronger before the deadline if it's a deal he just can't pass up.

Well according to ANA's GM he should know from Scotty by the deadline if he is comin back or not and if not then it sounds as if the NJ devils will be very interested in both Niedermyer's for a Gionta plus picks and maybe a Zajac as well

Old
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
I think you have to decide what you want. Are you looking to turn the team around in one off season? That would be ambitious and its hard to do.

Do you think there is a player as good as Alzner or better that will be offered from another team? There are very few of those.

Carlson was a steal where he was picked, but Alzner is a quality top 5 choice player. While I can see trading Carlson, I think they would go with what they've got if they had to give up Alzner.
Very true, but all speculation by the way but by the time the team gets turned around, they are going to need a solid defender somehow. So if it takes 3 years and they get Alzner, he could possibly be a top pairing defender by then which they will need. Carlson on the other hand would likely still be breaking into the NHL by that point, so unless they feel they can trade for a top pairing defenseman or sign one via UFA, then Carlson would be fine I supposed.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
Very true, but all speculation by the way but by the time the team gets turned around, they are going to need a solid defender somehow. So if it takes 3 years and they get Alzner, he could possibly be a top pairing defender by then which they will need. Carlson on the other hand would likely still be breaking into the NHL by that point, so unless they feel they can trade for a top pairing defenseman or sign one via UFA, then Carlson would be fine I supposed.
Alzner and a pick for Pronger is a good trade for both teams and if GM wants a cup he will make a trade like that...it's what good GM's do look back at some of the biggest trades

Old
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Alzner and a pick for Pronger is a good trade for both teams and if GM wants a cup he will make a trade like that...it's what good GM's do look back at some of the biggest trades
If Washington is serious about contending now it's a move they should seriously consider. Pronger gives them a legit shutdown defenseman who can also put up points and has loads of post-season experience including a cup ring. The Caps would be getting at least two post-seasons out of Pronger(assuming the Caps make the playoffs next year as well) and possibly more if they can convince Pronger to re-sign. Iginla for Nieuwendyk was a similar type trade and although Iginla has turned out to be among the league's top players year in and year out, I'm sure Dallas would make that deal every time if they could do it over.

Alzner is a good young defenseman, but he's not going to have a big impact on that team for likely a few more seasons and when he does it likely won't be anywhere near what Pronger can give the Caps for this season and next. The Caps have their #1 defenseman in Mike Green locked up for at least another three seasons and then probably more after that. They have some good defensive depth in their system where they can afford to move Alzner for the right deal. From an outsider's POV, getting Chris Pronger seems to be such a deal.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Fehr might have "at least 2nd line level upside". I'm not sure how you're calling Osala "at least 2nd line level upside"... he didn't even put up point per game numbers in the OHL. Something you'd expect from a future top-6 forward. As far as Chris Bourque, he's an undersized 2nd round pick who (IMO) was picked due to his farther. He's been an ok player at the AHL, and the times I have seen him live have been pretty unimpressive. He's 23 and his best AHL season to date is 25 goals, 33 assists in 76 games.

Now Washington's defensive prospect group is a different story all together. If their willing to give up 3 of: Carlson, Lepisto, McNeil, Godfrey plus a 1st, they should be able to easily land Pronger. The Ducks need young defensemen... I'm sure they'd like some defensemen a little more NHL ready, but (IMO) Lepisto, McNeil, and Godfrey could all play in the NHL in ~2 years.

I don't know anything about Finley other then his draft position, his size and that he might of been drafted that high due to his size only.
He put up 18 goals and 35 points in 53 games last year, as a rookie in the Finnish league. He's also got 19 goals and 31 points in 55 games so far this season, as a rookie in the AHL, playing 3rd line minutes. Kid's a stud, and most definitely has top 6 potential.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
That is how I feel if the Ducks are not trying to re-tool for next season. Because if no trades occur, and Niedermayer comes back they would still have Getzlaf, Perry, Kunitz, Ryan, Selanne, Pronger, Giggy, Hiller and Niedermayer. A solid core for one more run if they can fill out the rest of the lineup properly and their young players mature.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
The Caps would move Carlson before Alzner. Alzner may make all the sense in the world, but intangibly he's probably too important to the team. He's got future captain written all over him, and he's probably the smartest Dman the Caps have in the system. I really can't see him being traded.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
That is how I feel if the Ducks are not trying to re-tool for next season. Because if no trades occur, and Niedermayer comes back they would still have Getzlaf, Perry, Kunitz, Ryan, Selanne, Pronger, Giggy, Hiller and Niedermayer. A solid core for one more run if they can fill out the rest of the lineup properly and their young players mature.
Totally agree however on the other hand if Prong's Giggy and Nied's are not coming back (2 of them possibly being traded and 1 retiring) then we could have the likes of Gionta, alzner, hiller, getz, perry, kunitz, beauchemin, montador and some of the draft picks or rookies in our system so either way we wont be in that deep a hole

Old
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Totally agree however on the other hand if Prong's Giggy and Nied's are not coming back (2 of them possibly being traded and 1 retiring) then we could have the likes of Gionta, alzner, hiller, getz, perry, kunitz, beauchemin, montador and some of the draft picks or rookies in our system so either way we wont be in that deep a hole
True, but Giggy wont be traded. He was given a NTC because of his son's illness.