HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ/Kings......NJ/Tor

Old
02-22-2009, 04:35 PM
funky

vCash: 500
At this point at as a Kings fan I think Pandolfo's defensive play and experience would be a great benifit, but I am not sure where he would fit. My guess would be 4th line winger.

Now I know a lot of Kings fans think the team should be made up of straight 20 year olds but we do need a few vets. My problem is Armstrong is in the last year of his contract and I would like to see him re - signed even for moral support. He should be had cheap and is a great 4th line center that can sit 20 games a year. Would Pandolfo be a nice winger to compliment him and would the fans be okay with an older winger with a 2.5 mil a year contract to be placed in a similar role

Preissing is signed for the same amount of time for $250000 more a year. He might not be in the teams plans with all the young pups.

Its all up to DL. Does he just want to dump the salary for a pick. Is TP still in his plans for next year(with Harrold and Hickey, kinda doubtful), or is Pandolfo the type of Vet he wants. He seems like both a DL and a Renney Player

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
I'd drive Preissing to the airport for this one. Pandolfo has (winning) experience that the Kings could use on the 4th line. FWIW, Preissing has VERTIGO.
Nope, he's healthy again.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:47 PM
drofnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Toronto says no.

Kubina = 2nd and prospect

Antropov= 1st i

Kubina for Clarkson/2nd

Antropov for a 1st or Tedenby

Kaberle for Clarskon/Corentte+1st+Tedenby
You know, I'd actually have that reversed... I'd want a 1st for Kubina (based on the 2 recent trades), and I would trade Antropov for 2nd + Clarkson.

I know Burke said the price for Antropov is a 1st, and with so few sellers he may very well get it... But he'll take whatever's on the table at 3pm on the deadline, and if that's a 2nd+prospect, I'd be happy.

drofnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
I'd drive Preissing to the airport for this one. Pandolfo has (winning) experience that the Kings could use on the 4th line. FWIW, Preissing has VERTIGO.
No, he NEVER had vertigo. He HAD symptoms of it but never actually was diagnosed with it.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 04:57 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLk View Post
Counter offer:

Boyd Devereaux(throw in?)
Tomas Kaberle
Lee Stempniak

for
1st, 2nd
Matt Halischuk, Mattias Tedenby, David Clarkson
Jay Pandolfo

Pavel Kubina
Nik Antropov

for
Matt Halischuk, David Clarkson
1st, 3rd
Jay Pandolfo
New Jersey can't afford to take on any more forwards even if we give one up.

Kaberle for Halischuk, Clarkson, Eckford, and a 1st.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
muskiefish

completely new deal for NJ from Ducks

Both niedermyer bros, and a 2nd rd pick for Gionta and Zajac or Both Niedermyer's for Gionta and a 2nd rd pick. Nj needs a solid winger/center Rob has played both and has cup experience and they need/ want a solid D man and PP QB.

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Strong Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiefish View Post
Both niedermyer bros, and a 2nd rd pick for Gionta and Zajac or Both Niedermyer's for Gionta and a 2nd rd pick. Nj needs a solid winger/center Rob has played both and has cup experience and they need/ want a solid D man and PP QB.
Will incite 's

Strong Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
So many of these trade proposals fail to just make logical sense. The devils cannot give any of their 12 forwards away. Basically, picks and prospects are all that can go, as well as Pandolfo and Greene. They don't need a center despite what one person said in a blog, and that was just a suggestion. They need someone like Derek Morris or Jordan Leopold who won't cost roster players, rather, picks and prospects.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Game Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:21 PM
muskiefish

It sounds like a good deal for both teams NJ has a legit shot at the cup...SJ and DET aren't as strong as people seem to think and the east is up for grabs between NJ, BOS, and WASH

Old
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Breaker View Post
So many of these trade proposals fail to just make logical sense. The devils cannot give any of their 12 forwards away. Basically, picks and prospects are all that can go, as well as Pandolfo and Greene. They don't need a center despite what one person said in a blog, and that was just a suggestion. They need someone like Derek Morris or Jordan Leopold who won't cost roster players, rather, picks and prospects.
I am sure that it is more than one person.....
I have been saying it for a while. It was said by many last year. Zubrus is not an elite centre.
Zubrus last 17 games. 1G 3A. 4 PTs. Horrible when you are a second line centre playing with Gionta and Elias...
That line played really good during for a small part of the season...
Gionta hasn't been much better either. last 17 1G 6A...7 points...
Your second line can't rely on one guy to carry it....

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Toronto declines. Not sure bout my Kings though....
I think the Kings also say no ...maybe even worse than the Leafs deal

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
Pressing has been a healthy scratch a lot of the season. Don't expect anything really.... If anything it would be Pandolfo and a fifth.
I don't think the Kings want Pandolfo at all, that was what I was saying, not that Preissing should get more than Pandolfo.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
muskiefish

I think those are the reasons why a guy like gionta and zubrus or zajac could be moved for good reliable veterans that will help this team win a possible cup

Old
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiefish View Post
Zajac isn't available at any cost. The second deal, though, I do in a heartbeat.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
Devils need a top puck moving defenseman(pp qb)and I still think they are a top 6 forward away from contending. I would love to see guys like Kubina and Arnott on the team but let's face it they are going to cost an arm and a leg, and NJ is already really low in prospect depth. There is also a cap issue as well and there isn't much room for guys like Kubina and Arnott. One yes.

Antropov Kubina to NJ for , PAndolfo(dump),Clarkson, Halischuk, Greene, 2nd.

If no Kubina...then...

Toronto/NJ
Antropov for a 2nd maybe add a mid level pick or prospect.....
Before you Leaf fans say that is not enough consider this. Yes, Burke is asking for a first, but the asking price is always high at first. Secondly, Antrepov is having another good year, is a UFA and has been injury prone every year until this year. I don't think he is worth more than a 2nd.

NJ/LAK
Pandolfo(2.5) for Priessing(2.75). Both signed until after next year and both players could use a change of scenery. Both have been healthy scratches.

PArise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Elias-Antropov-Gionta/Zubrus
Rolston-MAdden-Zubrus/Gionta
Rupp-Holik-Shanahan

Martin-Oduya
Salvador-Kubina
White-Mottau
Salmella, Leach....

I honestly don't know what kind of cap space the Devils are saving with Rolston and Brodeurs injuries. Anyone know?
Thoughts..

PP1
Parise, Zajac, Elias, LAngenbrunner, Kubina
pp2
Gionta, Antropov, Shanahan, Rolston, Martin
Antropov was healthy all year last year. He had a small injury I believe and missed some games because of the flu

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
LA says yes.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofnats View Post
You know, I'd actually have that reversed... I'd want a 1st for Kubina (based on the 2 recent trades), and I would trade Antropov for 2nd + Clarkson.

I know Burke said the price for Antropov is a 1st, and with so few sellers he may very well get it... But he'll take whatever's on the table at 3pm on the deadline, and if that's a 2nd+prospect, I'd be happy.
clarkson isn't a prospect

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

done. pandolfo provides a tough veteran presence the kings desperately need. AND we ditch preissing's contract to boot (yes I know we're getting the same cap hit back but at least we'd be using pandolfo)

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
drofnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
clarkson isn't a prospect
Yeah, but he's only 24 and so he'll be hitting his prime right when Leafs are ready to be competitive again.

drofnats is offline   Reply With Quote