HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Striking Distance

Old
02-22-2009, 10:22 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Striking Distance

Today I stumbled across a poll that is currently on the bottom right of NHL.com. It reads:

Quote:
Which team within striking distance of first place has the best chance to win its division?

Flyers (Atlantic)
Panthers (Southeast)
Blackhawks (Central)
Canucks (Northwest)

Yes, I think the thing that everybody has overlooked recently, especially in light of yesterdays gaffe, that the Devils also lost their game and even worse in my opinion as they were shut out 0-4 by the Islanders!

So actually the Flyers are 8 points behind but have 3 games in hand on the Devils. Even Washington could be overtaken as they have the same amount of points as the Devils (but on less game played), and we are playing against them next Tuesday.

This team certainly played some of the best their best hockey recently and I think this team has finally regained some of the scoring touch it had and somehow went missing after the Christmas break. This team has scored 20 goals in four games after all.

From what I am reading the loss yesterday might be have a positive effect if it can act as a wake up-call to some of the players, especially Jeff Carter.

Mike Richards has been fantastic since he returned from the Flu and Coburn also seems to be finally back where he should be. And with the imminent return of Danny Brière and the trade deadline less than 10 days away, next week should be an exciting one.

So please, let's all forget about yesterday. There could be a bright future in front of us.

Last edited by chaosof99*: 02-22-2009 at 10:28 AM.
chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:28 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Today I stumbled across a poll that is currently on the bottom right of NHL.com. It reads:

Yes, I think the thing that everybody has overlooked recently, especially in light of yesterdays gaffe, that the Devils also lost their game and even worse in my opinion as they were shut out 0-4 by the Islanders!

So actually we are only 8 points behind but we have 3 games in hand on the Devils. Even Washington could be overtaken as they have the same amount of points as the Devils (but on less game played), and we are playing against them next Tuesday.

We have certainly played some of the best our best hockey recently and I think this team has finally regained some of the scoring touch it had and somehow went missing after the Christmas break. This team has scored 20 goals in four games after all.

From what I am reading the loss yesterday might be have a positive effect if it can act as a wake up-call to some of the players, especially Jeff Carter.

Mike Richards has been fantastic since he returned from the Flu and Coburn also seems to be finally back where he should be. And with the imminent return of Danny Brière and the trade deadline less than 10 days away, next week should be an exciting one.

So please, let's all forget about yesterday. There could be a bright future in front of us.
This team has played well over the past few weeks, i just think what happened yesterday, and who it happened against really pissed everyone off. lol. I am praying Homer snags us a Defenceman that will scare opponents.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Good movie.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Good movie.

a very good movie!!!

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
yesterday was definitely a wake up call. Gagne and Carter are contributing in other ways but those two we need to start scoring a little more. we cant expect a SHG every game or Richie to have 3plus points every game.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Miss Mess

Yes, I am trying to stay positive. Things could be sooo much worse, just look at other teams struggling. One mistake cost us two points, but we still have three games in hand....

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Yes, I am trying to stay positive. Things could be sooo much worse, just look at other teams struggling. One mistake cost us two points, but we still have three games in hand....
that avy is cool lol

Old
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
that avy is cool lol
Haha it's Timonen. He's the ****ing man.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:46 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
yesterday was definitely a wake up call. Gagne and Carter are contributing in other ways but those two we need to start scoring a little more. we cant expect a SHG every game or Richie to have 3plus points every game.
I personally think that we need to shuffle the lines. It really seems like Carters line is maybe TOO comfortable. Richards and Knuble should stay together, thats it. Who knows if the Devils win the game last night if we win but that would have cut the deficit to 4, with 3 games in hand, plus you know Broduer is going to be slow for a couple games. I still think we have a decent shot at it.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Haha it's Timonen. He's the ****ing man.
Kimmo owns, thats just an awesome shot.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Honestly, a more confident Coburn is exactly what this team needed right now. With Ossi being scratched, the only player we could really trust on the ice was Kimmo and whoever might be paired with him. A confident, healthy Coburn does the same thing with whoever is playing next to him. Carle has picked up some points and has looked better recently, as well.

We all tend to forget that this is his second full NHL season. He had tremendous success last season but never really faced a ton of adversity. Anyone who even considered trading him (I don't think anyone did, but still) is crazy. He is a big guy who is one of the fastest skaters on the team. Carle has 5 points in his last 7, Coburn has 3 points in the past 3. I hope this continues.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote