HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rumour- Don Maloney at the Rangers game tonight.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
  #76
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
yea i think you are right. i dont think we see a major deal from the rangers. not many teams will be willing to take on 7.5 million dollars especially when they are in a financial bind and are not even guaranteed a playoff spot. i just really want to see lecavier or kovalchuk on the rangers this year so that zherdev actually has someone to pass to that can score. hey you never know, we get a big time goal scorer, we get avery, and then we'll be in the same type of position we were in last year w/ jagr which wasnt bad at all. but i just cant see sather trading all these chips from the rangers to land one of hte big names this year. we'll see how it works out, still 2 weeks left.
Zherdev played with Nash in Columbus. I think you're going to continue to see what we're seeing out of Zherdev no matter who he plays with. A guy with with a lot of talent who, for whatever reason, doesnt bring it every night.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
  #77
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Fellows, you need to watch more Coyote hockey. Jokinen is not much of what is described here. He's a nice complimentary player who lacks intensity and while he's good sized, he doesn't play big. He is not the answer in New York.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 11:55 AM
  #78
n_a_c
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
I don't think Phoenix will want Gomez's contract because of the length. If the team might be sold, you might not want $7 million a year locked up for the next five years, unless the guy was a superstar. Or maybe the reverse - they buyers may like that they have a first line center signed for the next five years.

Regardless, Phoenix can actually SAVE money by acquiring Gomez. They want to be at the cap floor. Gomez was paid $10 million last year, and I think $10 million this year. Therefore his pay from now on is lower than his cap hit. Phoenix will only have to pay about $6 million for a $7 million dollar cap hit. Therefore they can only spend a total of $42 million on salary, yet achieve the $43 million dollar cap minimum. (I don't recall the cap minimum).

I can't speak much about Jokinen. But I like the idea of a change.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:02 PM
  #79
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
I just remembered. Aren't Drury and Gomez's contracts front loaded... the earlier years of the contract have a higher dollar value than the last years?

So the cap hit is an average no matter what the dollar figure is each year. Hypothetically, if we make an even trade (cap hit) with phoenix, they can actually reach the cap floor while paying a smaller real dollar amount from their budget. If we send Gomez with his roughly $7m hit, the Coyotes only have to pay something like $6m next year, $5m the year after that... something along those lines.

I don't want any of their high paid guys, maybe Doan but not much else. I think we'll see a trade similar to the Sjo/Montoya deal.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:03 PM
  #80
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
I don't think Phoenix will want Gomez's contract because of the length. If the team might be sold, you might not want $7 million a year locked up for the next five years, unless the guy was a superstar. Or maybe the reverse - they buyers may like that they have a first line center signed for the next five years.

Regardless, Phoenix can actually SAVE money by acquiring Gomez. They want to be at the cap floor. Gomez was paid $10 million last year, and I think $10 million this year. Therefore his pay from now on is lower than his cap hit. Phoenix will only have to pay about $6 million for a $7 million dollar cap hit. Therefore they can only spend a total of $42 million on salary, yet achieve the $43 million dollar cap minimum. (I don't recall the cap minimum).

I can't speak much about Jokinen. But I like the idea of a change.
Yeah, I should have read the whole thread because you said it better than I did.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
  #81
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,489
vCash: 500
We'd be happy to take Turris or Mueller off Phoenix's hands .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
  #82
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Garden has no pressbox.

Sather sits on the 8th avenue end overlooking the ice.It's on a perch near all of the banners.

Maloney is trying is get his old job back.
Actually, there is a press box, but it's not very big. Just enough space for Sam and Joe to sit on one side and a couple seats on the other side for the visiting announcers.

I went up there a few years back when JD and Mike Crispino were calling the game.

Sather sits up in what is called the Eyebrow. It's way up there among the banners and that's usually where the injured players hang out. At one of the casino nights quite a few years ago now, I won the "GM for a day" auction and me and my brother got to watch the game from up there. Sather and Maloney were there and Messier was there nursing a wrist or shoulder injury.

I remember it was the same year we traded for Bure, because Sather asked me what moves he should make (I asked him to bring back Malholtra ) and the next day we made that trade.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
  #83
Salvage21
Registered User
 
Salvage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I just remembered. Aren't Drury and Gomez's contracts front loaded... the earlier years of the contract have a higher dollar value than the last years?

So the cap hit is an average no matter what the dollar figure is each year. Hypothetically, if we make an even trade (cap hit) with phoenix, they can actually reach the cap floor while paying a smaller real dollar amount from their budget. If we send Gomez with his roughly $7m hit, the Coyotes only have to pay something like $6m next year, $5m the year after that... something along those lines.

I don't want any of their high paid guys, maybe Doan but not much else. I think we'll see a trade similar to the Sjo/Montoya deal.
Unfornuately, Gomez is making 8 million the next two years, 7.5 next, 5.5 next, 4.5 last. However, Rozsival is making a real amount of 4.33 for the next three years with a cap hit of 5.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
  #84
Esa 10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Just wanted to comment on something with Naslund. I often see his name thrown around by posters as a much likelier traid bait than a guy with a longer contract and bigger public image like Gomez. Naslund has a full NMC. He and Drury are the only 2 guys on the team with total contractual say in what happens them. Why is he any more likely to be amenable to moving than Drury? I've no idea either way, just something to consider.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
  #85
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Actually, there is a press box, but it's not very big. Just enough space for Sam and Joe to sit on one side and a couple seats on the other side for the visiting announcers.

I went up there a few years back when JD and Mike Crispino were calling the game.

Sather sits up in what is called the Eyebrow. It's way up there among the banners and that's usually where the injured players hang out. At one of the casino nights quite a few years ago now, I won the "GM for a day" auction and me and my brother got to watch the game from up there. Sather and Maloney were there and Messier was there nursing a wrist or shoulder injury.

I remember it was the same year we traded for Bure, because Sather asked me what moves he should make (I asked him to bring back Malholtra ) and the next day we made that trade.
I know the Garden layout very well.I am not talking about the box which cuts across the blue seats.They created in the early 1990's when they reburbished the Garden.

If you go to other arenas,you see a press area which is cut off from the fans.The electronic,print media and the execs/scouts sit in the same vicinity.

MSG doesn't have that.The Rangers beat writers sit over the visiting team entrance.The other media and the execs/scouts sits in the makeshift area right below the blue seats.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
  #86
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
We are trading Renney for Gretzky. Straight up.











jk

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
  #87
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
[size=4]We are trading Renney for Gretzky. Straight up.

please, no.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
  #88
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,393
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
[size=4]We are trading Renney for Gretzky. Straight up.
Think we could get Pang and Strader for Rosen and Michelleti? I mean, I wouldn't want to see Sam go but hey Strader would be a nice addition and anything that dumps Clueless Joe would be a benefit.

vipernsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
  #89
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Fellows, you need to watch more Coyote hockey. Jokinen is not much of what is described here. He's a nice complimentary player who lacks intensity and while he's good sized, he doesn't play big. He is not the answer in New York.
I would love to be able to watch more Coyote hockey. I love that team's collection of youth, and I tend to dominate with them in NHL '09...

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
  #90
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
We are trading Renney for Gretzky. Straight up.











jk
you would be begging for Renney to come back

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
  #91
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Zherdev played with Nash in Columbus. I think you're going to continue to see what we're seeing out of Zherdev no matter who he plays with. A guy with with a lot of talent who, for whatever reason, doesnt bring it every night.
They didn't play on the same line, so your point is moot and to compare Nash to Kovalchuk is a joke.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
  #92
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Don was at the game tonight.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:35 PM
  #93
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 500
Blake to Yotes e4

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.