HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about Rangers Defense?

Old
02-21-2009, 01:19 AM
PTmbp13

vCash: 500
How about Rangers Defense?

Im not involved with the contracts, so can you help me.
I wonder how to improve Ranger defense. They are the worst! Running into each other with the puck turn it over and get scored on. I have not seen anything like it at this level. EVER! Poor goalies in NYRangers! It is embarrassing. Ive said it for so long, defense in rangers really SUCK!
Againt Philly you can VERY clearly see how stupid rangers defense look, anyone can see that. I want to know how the rumors go;

Is Reeney about to get fired?

Wich ones (of the D-men) can be moved to nex season?

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:38 AM
OverTheCap

The defense looks worse this season than it did last year. Kalinin will most likely be gone, but I think both Redden & Rozy will still be here next year.

And I definitely noticed the Rangers' D running into each other sometimes. The forwards run into each other too, I noticed Dawes does it a lot. It's a matter of positioning, they really have to work on that. It could be because the lines are constantly changing and the players are unfamiliar with where their teammates are.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:39 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAscis View Post
I wonder how to improve Ranger defense. They are the worst! Running into each other with the puck turn it over and get scored on. I have not seen anything like it at this level. EVER! Poor goalies in NYRangers! It is embarrassing. Ive said it for so long, defense in rangers really SUCK!
Againt Philly you can VERY clearly see how stupid rangers defense look, anyone can see that. I want to know how the rumors go;

Is Reeney about to get fired? (YOU MEAN RENNEY, NO??)
Wich ones (of the D-men) can be moved to nex season?
why the hell would u even post this here if u have no idea what ur talking about...poor goalies in NYRangers?? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................do u have a pulse?? go crawl back in ur hole

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:43 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
why the hell would u even post this here if u have no idea what ur talking about...poor goalies in NYRangers?? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................do u have a pulse?? go crawl back in ur hole
English may not be his first language, chill.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:51 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
So english is a 2nd language to him relax,he probably meant poor goaltending in general at least for the past month(like giving up 10 to dallas)

The Lunatic Fridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:26 AM
agentzzz

I think he meant poor goalies in he feels bad for them cause the D sucks, not that the goalies are playing poor.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:40 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentzzz View Post
I think he meant poor goalies in he feels bad for them cause the D sucks, not that the goalies are playing poor.
Possible too
so stop acting like a horses ass(not you the other guy lol)

The Lunatic Fridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:24 AM
PTmbp13

LOL

Meant it has to be hard to goaltending in rangers. If anyone had problems understanding. Can be hard to understand for some .

I probably misspelled because iam drunk and living it up.
Hopefully, the IQ here will rise as i post again

Id just wanted to get some input on the terrible defensive play that rangers showing.

Old
02-21-2009, 05:46 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAscis View Post
I wonder how to improve Ranger defense. They are the worst! Running into each other with the puck turn it over and get scored on. I have not seen anything like it at this level. EVER! Poor goalies in NY Rangers! It is embarrassing. I've said it for so long, defense in rangers really SUCK!
Against Philly you can VERY clearly see how stupid rangers defense look, anyone can see that. I want to know how the rumors go;

Is Renney about to get fired?

Which ones (of the D-men) can be moved to nex season?
To answer your question, Mara and Kalinin are both UFAs. Kalinin will be gone. The only way I believe Mara can be re-signed is if the Rangers move Rozsival. Either way I expect for there to be two new D-men for the Rangers next year...probably two out of Michael Sauer, Corey Potter and Bobby Sanguinetti.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
the defense rests

Old
02-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Prospalous

Quote:
lol - i read it the same way. wasn't that hard to interpret what he meant. loved the crazed responses hah

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:28 AM
ThirdEye

On paper the defense doesn't look that bad, but on the ice I think they are bottom 10 in the league. Too many high scoring chances, not physical enough, pinching in at the wrong time, etc...

Worst of all though, those high scoring chances almost always come after the Rangers have scored or the other team has scored... the worst possible time to allow them. They really have no clue what consistency is... basically relying on 82 games of miracle goaltending.

I think the OP is absolutely right. If we make the playoffs I can't see us lasting more than 5 games.

Solution? I'm really not sure. With some of the contracts, patience is the only thing I can think of. Possibly a change in coaching if they continue to lose

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:
yeah thats what i got out of it too.

as for the defense knocking into each other, the whole team does that, not just the defense. the rangers are extremely sloppy if u ask me.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
im not talking about his english....im talking about him referring to NYR's goalies as poor...i forgot lundqvist was terrible............nice

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Lennon27NYR

The Rangers have Defense? thats new.

Lennon27NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:05 PM
oliverl97

wait a sec isin't Renney supposed to be a defensive coach??????

oliverl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
im not talking about his english....im talking about him referring to NYR's goalies as poor...i forgot lundqvist was terrible............nice
Like many have said...he was probably talking about our goalies not getting much help from those in front of them. If anything you should be questioned due to your username. Rags is not a nickname, it is a put down people use in reference to the Rangers.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:27 PM
agentzzz

Quote:
He didn't refer to the goalies being poor. He said "poor goalies" in that the defense doesn't help them out, so he feels bad for them cause they have to carry the load. Most of us got that, and even the OP confirmed that that is what he meant.
And as previously mentioned rags is a insult not something ranger fans say.

agentzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:27 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
probably in a hurry here at the office while posting.

I meant that i almost feel sorry for the goalkeepers in rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The defensmen just fumbling round on the ice worse than disney on ice.

Last edited by PTmbp13: 02-23-2009 at 06:37 AM.