HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Prospects Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2009, 04:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Yeah, Sislo is awesome. Just a pure goalscorer.

Did you see DeSimone's goal on Friday? That was so sweet.
yup. that was nice.
missed the game last night, I was at the Monarchs game.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Northeastern-BU played an absolutely epic game tonight. I don't know if Stonehands was at Agganis, but the crowd was just crazy. Awesome, awesome game.

Didn't know NEU were such divers though. Donovan must have gotten wrecked about 8 times and dived 5 other times besides that.

I love hockey.
Nope, haven't been to a game this season. Having a 7 month old kinda stops that from happening. Sounded like a great game, though, and glad to see Thiessen play so well this weekend.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised to hear NU called out for excessive diving. In my admittedly biased opinion, they've tended to be one of the least likely teams to do that in HE over the last decade or so. Probably because they tended to be a team of grinders for most of that time (and they also sucked, so no one was going to give them a call). BU tended to be pretty bad about it, although BC was always the worst (freaking Brian Gionta could have captained the BC swimming and diving team he flopped so often. See also Chris Drury when he was on Comm. Ave.). Again, didn't see the game, so I can't speak to that, but I didn't notice a great deal of diving last year at the couple of games I got to, nor the couple I've caught on TV so far this season.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Duh-lory should have gotten more, in my opinion.
wow
what a little chicken****.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Nope, haven't been to a game this season. Having a 7 month old kinda stops that from happening. Sounded like a great game, though, and glad to see Thiessen play so well this weekend.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised to hear NU called out for excessive diving. In my admittedly biased opinion, they've tended to be one of the least likely teams to do that in HE over the last decade or so. Probably because they tended to be a team of grinders for most of that time (and they also sucked, so no one was going to give them a call). BU tended to be pretty bad about it, although BC was always the worst (freaking Brian Gionta could have captained the BC swimming and diving team he flopped so often. See also Chris Drury when he was on Comm. Ave.). Again, didn't see the game, so I can't speak to that, but I didn't notice a great deal of diving last year at the couple of games I got to, nor the couple I've caught on TV so far this season.
It wasn't the whole team at all, mainly this guy Donovan who was going over every time a BU stick got close to him. Gryba was visibly pissed and yelling at him about it and also absolutely rocked him a couple times, so did Strait.

The best thing was in OT, BU switched defensive pairings and Gryba and Warsofsky came out, Donovan, who was only like 20 seconds in his shift, immediately starts waving at the bench for a change, it was pretty epic.

I was impressed with NEU, they're very defensive (trapped basically the entire game), but they work their ***** off and they have an excellent forecheck, easily the best team I've seen BU play this year even though they don't have the most talent, very impressive.

And btw, Yip and Ginand got into it several times, should be fun to follow if they play each other at the HE tourney.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
SpItFiReZ

If you guys had an option of moving JVR and the 30th overall pick this year for the 1st overall pick this year + a 3rd rounder.....do you do it?

I think JVR is awesome. But Tavares and Hedman (who could both step in next year and are two years younger) are better in my mind. The stickler....do you move that 30th overall pick to get either one of those guys?

Old
02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
If you guys had an option of moving JVR and the 30th overall pick this year for the 1st overall pick this year + a 3rd rounder.....do you do it?

I think JVR is awesome. But Tavares and Hedman (who could both step in next year and are two years younger) are better in my mind. The stickler....do you move that 30th overall pick to get either one of those guys?
In a heartbeat. Both of those are guys you can build a team around for a decade.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post

Yeah, absolutely. The Flyers could use a potential franchise D like Hedman more than anything (besides goaltending).

Old
02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
why is it that the one damn year the flyers suck the draft has to be the weakest it's been in years? Seriously jobbed man.

Old
02-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It wasn't the whole team at all, mainly this guy Donovan who was going over every time a BU stick got close to him. Gryba was visibly pissed and yelling at him about it and also absolutely rocked him a couple times, so did Strait.

The best thing was in OT, BU switched defensive pairings and Gryba and Warsofsky came out, Donovan, who was only like 20 seconds in his shift, immediately starts waving at the bench for a change, it was pretty epic.

I was impressed with NEU, they're very defensive (trapped basically the entire game), but they work their ***** off and they have an excellent forecheck, easily the best team I've seen BU play this year even though they don't have the most talent, very impressive.

And btw, Yip and Ginand got into it several times, should be fun to follow if they play each other at the HE tourney.
NU is always a hard working, grinding team. They've never been able to compete with BC/BU for the elite talent (other than the occasional player like Jim Fahey), but they are usually very tough to play against. I'm hoping this is the season they start to make some noise in the HE playoffs, and can start building their program some more. They've come out of nowhere to be this good, so I'm hoping Cronin can continue it.

Old
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

LeBrun/espn article on Giroux

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

Old
02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
why is it that the one damn year the flyers suck the draft has to be the weakest it's been in years? Seriously jobbed man.
Not only was it not the best draft year, we got completely screwed out of the 1st overall and the best player in that draft.

Old
02-23-2009, 04:23 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Maybe LeBrun's a closet Flyers fan. That's two articles in a week.

Old
02-24-2009, 08:42 PM
trickster

Was it Lebrun who wrote the article on Maroon?

Old
02-24-2009, 11:27 PM
panayiotis

kevin marshall

Any thoughts about his progression. I noticed he was taken 2 picks before P.K. Subban. He seems to have the physical play the flyers d lacks. But his stats this year in the Q. Leads me to believe he has taken a step back this year.

Old
02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
A nice article from the Flyers' web site about Marc-Andre Bourdon

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

Old
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2360
Another chance to see JVR.

On NESN (Bruins' TV affiliate) -- Saturday, February 28, 7:30 PM (ET) -- MERRIMACK VS. UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

Old
02-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Shoeny

can sbisa come back this year

Old
02-27-2009, 07:47 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
can sbisa come back this year
When the Hurricanes are finished with the playoffs, yes.

Old
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Norm MacDonald

Can someone who has seen some Phantoms games tell me about Munroe? I knows he's a little to old to really be considered a prospect anymore, but he's done his dues in the AHL and has decent stats so I'm wondering why he hasn't gotten a shot to play in the NHL.

Old
02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Shoeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
When the Hurricanes are finished with the playoffs, yes.
if a defenseman gets hurt id rather see him playing in the playoffs than kukkonen.

if the flyers trade for jbo could you imagine a defense of:

timonen-bouwmeester
coburn-carle
parent-sbisa

Old
02-27-2009, 08:19 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
if a defenseman gets hurt id rather see him playing in the playoffs than kukkonen.

if the flyers trade for jbo could you imagine a defense of:

timonen-bouwmeester
coburn-carle
parent-sbisa
No to sbisa this year
Timmonen-Coburn
bouwmeester-Parent
Carle- Alberts

That is teh ebst combos IMO. Splitting up J-Bow and Kimmo will help us alot. Coburn is playing better now, and is physical- fits well with Kimmo. Carle and Parent is a very solid 3rd

Old
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

UNH holds off Merrimack 4-3
JVR with an assist.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Merrimack @ New Hampshire is on NESN tonite at 7 PM for those who have NESN

Old
02-28-2009, 05:20 PM
phlocky

Hmm, so not that Giroux has been sent back to the Phantoms do we have to include him in on the prospect discussions again???? j/k, I know this reassignment is only temporary.

Old
02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Sbisa with a goal and an assist in a 5-2 Lethbridge victory yesterday.

Closed Thread