HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Renney! (Part 3)

View Poll Results: What Should Become of Renney?
Keep him! 48 22.33%
Fire him or Demote him! (Assistant Coach, Scout, etc) 167 77.67%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
You don't think Torts, if hired tomorrow would get this team at least a 7th or 8th seed and then see what happens in the playoffs?
I like Torts a lot...he or Laviolette would make me happy. I think I'd prefer Laviolette, though. I mean the guy took the Islanders to the playoffs! lol

Old
02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
Good choice but.....

Torts = No Avery
Then give me Torts. This team as it is doesn't respect Renney. Now imagine adding the class clown to the mix.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:00 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I like Torts a lot...he or Laviolette would make me happy. I think I'd prefer Laviolette, though. I mean the guy took the Islanders to the playoffs! lol
We all realize this. Sather doesn't. Dam, I would even take Nolan. But doesn't anyone think that Sather owes it to the fans to get this team in the playoffs this year. So many people have done everything they can too support this team before the All-Star break. At least give hope that the season isn't over and we, at the very least, can grab an 8th seed.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
So did Nolan. And I think the Islanders have as good as or an even better team then when he was here. He's another guy who, despite what he did in the past, can get the most out of his players for the full 60 minutes.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:20 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
So did Nolan. And I think the Islanders have as good as or an even better team then when he was here. He's another guy who, despite what he did in the past, can get the most out of his players for the full 60 minutes.
The difference is Torts and Laviolette have Cups...

they are proven....Nolan isn't....I wouldn't want Nolan.

There are 2 young coaches out there with Cups! TAKE ONE!!

Old
02-23-2009, 12:22 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
We all realize this. Sather doesn't. Dam, I would even take Nolan. But doesn't anyone think that Sather owes it to the fans to get this team in the playoffs this year. So many people have done everything they can too support this team before the All-Star break. At least give hope that the season isn't over and we, at the very least, can grab an 8th seed.
Making the playoffs doesn't mean anything if you get bounced out in the first round.... For the fans to be happy or feel satisfied this team needs to go on a deep playoff run and that's not happening.... Doesn't look like it will happen for awhile with the way this team displays itself out on the ice...

Old
02-23-2009, 12:25 AM
FLYLine24

Quote:
You don't think Torts, if hired tomorrow would get this team at least a 7th or 8th seed and then see what happens in the playoffs?
Sure maybe...but like I said, I really dont care about that..im more interested in next season at this point and the future...we need a new direction with this team....the Renney crap is over and done with without Jagr.

Old
02-23-2009, 12:41 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Sure maybe...but like I said, I really dont care about that..im more interested in next season at this point and the future...we need a new direction with this team....the Renney crap is over and done with without Jagr.
absolutely...this team has a better chance at winning the World Series than it does a Stanley Cup. We need to drastically change the chemistry of this team. They are extraordinarily bad!

Old
02-23-2009, 01:14 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
What possible reason this clown can have for still having a job tommorrow is beyond me

Old
02-23-2009, 01:24 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
its not all his fault, he was given nothing to produce with. scotty bowman couldnt make this team a winner. they over achieved in october, simple as that. this team is downright awful and its not all renneys fault. he wasnt given anything to work with forcing him to play a 1-2-2, if he opened up and forechecked harder wed get 2 on 1'd to death

Old
02-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
You know it's funny they showed clips of Harry Howell night and he spoke saying he hoped to bring the fans the Stanley Cup, the guy next to me said the fans at that time must have reacted like yeah right because the team was 5th out of 6; kinda sounds like nothing's changed since then

Old
02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Cake or Death

Gomez and Dubinsky looked really solid together last night. Looked like a natural fit that could develop into something. Hindsight is 20/20, but this seemed like a good idea to me before the season even started:

Quote:
July 18 -- I like the idea of Dubinsky at LW. I've explained why numerous times, so I'll just re-state what I've posted: I'd like to see Dubinsky on line one, on the wing: Dubinsky-Gomez-Zherdev. He's defensively responsible, has decent offense, and can hit/play physically. Whether he's a true first liner is debatable, but I never really bought into that line of thinking anyway. Fact is, I think he'd compliment Zherdev and Gomez well -- he would add some hitting, has energy, wouldn't hurt the line in any way, would help defensively, can open lanes and score in close. Dubinsky isn't elite, by any stretch. But he would make for a solid power forward who can rack up some points, plays solid D, and can add a nice forecheck.
Link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post14925503
This always looked like the right first line to me and I'm glad the coaches partially ran it. Zherdev should be glued on the line, as well. As much as people like to moan we have no first line forwards, Zherdev's ranked 13th in the league amongst RWs, which looks kinda first line to me. But as I stated in my above-quoted post, I'm not concerned with who's a true first liner as much as I am who's a good fit to optimize production. To me, these three guys always felt like they'd compliment each others games really well and could play a dynamic game together.

Also, does anyone else think Korpikoski would be a good person to try on the PP? From what I'm observing he looks like he's gaining confidence and seems to be exhibiting a bit of a knack around the crease and high slot. Seems like an ideal guy to throw out there on the PP and see how it works out. Not sure why the coaches seem bent on staying with trying to force broken concepts. But I don't think I'm alone in trying anything in place of Voros on the PP. And with Korpikoski's play of late, he looks like a solid candidate. Considering how crappy the PP is, and what a difference it could make if it improved even a little, I'm not sure why they don't try it. Korpikoski and Callahan seem to have an ability to find pucks in the slot and get scoring chances. Considering how bad our PP's been, I'd like to see both guys out there with every man advantage. Though I'm reaching a point where I'd settle for anyone so long as it keeps Voros off the PP (though I'd prefer him in the AHL ... with a different franchise).

Last edited by Cake or Death: 02-23-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Nyrvana

Quote:
absolutely...this team has a better chance at winning the World Series than it does a Stanley Cup. We need to drastically change the chemistry of this team. They are extraordinarily bad!
Drury would be so much better at baseball, he did lead Trumbull to the Little League World Series. He's got to be better at baseball than hockey right now. So you're probably right.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Fletch

we shall see, Extreme, as it's really just one game against one of the league's worst defenses. I didn't like the idea initially, and didn't think Dubi looked good on the wing until last night, so we'll see. I still strongly prefter Dubi in the middle, Korps on the wing and Zherdev with Naslund (playing his natural left wing position) and Gomez. I cannot understand why Renney refuses to go with that. My real hesitation with Dubi on the left is that he's not really a goal scorer and Naslund's a better goal scorer from the left. So honestly, I think the personnel can be used a bit better.

Old
02-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Fletch

we want cup...

I don't think you can really blame Renney for using Betts in OT. The objective is to hopefully score in the OT period, but you're still trying to prevent the other team from scoring also, so why not give him at least one shift in the OT? Maybe win a defensive zone faceoff. Maybe put pressure on the other end like he does so well. Perhaps he doesn't go out there with Sjostrom and he goes out there with someone with a bit of an offensive flair, but I don't think it's reasonable to not have him out there at all.

SoS...what's the difference between Prucha and Voros? If their results are the same on the ice, I'll go with the guy who's working hard and not taking stupid penalties. But honestly, I do think there's a difference - Prucha's better defensively. Amazingly the improvement in this part of his game seems to go unnoticed. He's almost always the first forward back on defense. He always takes the right man in fast break situations. He covers the net when it needs covering. If he's not scoring and Voros is not scoring, he's still better than Voros in this capacity and I play him over Voros as a result of this.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
Gomez and Dubinsky looked really solid together last night. Looked like a natural fit that could develop into something. Hindsight is 20/20, but this seemed like a good idea to me before the season even started:

This always looked like the right first line to me and I'm glad the coaches partially ran it. Zherdev should be glued on the line, as well. As much as people like to moan we have no first line forwards, Zherdev's ranked 13th in the league amongst RWs, which looks kinda first line to me. But as I stated in my above-quoted post, I'm not concerned with who's a true first liner as much as I am who's a good fit to optimize production. To me, these three guys always felt like they'd compliment each others games really well and could play a dynamic game together.

Also, does anyone else think Korpikoski would be a good person to try on the PP? From what I'm observing he looks like he's gaining confidence and seems to be exhibiting a bit of a knack around the crease and high slot. Seems like an ideal guy to throw out there on the PP and see how it works out. Not sure why the coaches seem bent on staying with trying to force broken concepts. But I don't think I'm alone in trying anything in place of Voros on the PP. And with Korpikoski's play of late, he looks like a solid candidate. Considering how crappy the PP is, and what a difference it could make if it improved even a little, I'm not sure why they don't try it. Korpikoski and Callahan seem to have an ability to find pucks in the slot and get scoring chances. Considering how bad our PP's been, I'd like to see both guys out there with every man advantage. Though I'm reaching a point where I'd settle for anyone so long as it keeps Voros off the PP (though I'd prefer him in the AHL ... with a different franchise).
Yes, because 1. I'm sick of the Drury, Gomez, Naslund line doing nothing and 2. Korpikoski has been showing a lot of talent and it's time to give him a chance on the pp.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Fletch

regarding Korps on the PP...I put that in the "it can't hurt" category. I haven't seen much of Korps on the PP in the past. I tend to think his speed is an asset when he's out there. He has an ability to use it and cut to the middle from the right side which, being a left handed shot, is advantageous. The PP is a different discipline, so I can't say how he'd do there, but I also wouldn't say it's not worth trying.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Korpikoski has finally really started to get comfortable out there lately. You can see it in his game. I think it would be a great idea to try him on the PP.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
regarding Korps on the PP...I put that in the "it can't hurt" category. I haven't seen much of Korps on the PP in the past. I tend to think his speed is an asset when he's out there. He has an ability to use it and cut to the middle from the right side which, being a left handed shot, is advantageous. The PP is a different discipline, so I can't say how he'd do there, but I also wouldn't say it's not worth trying.
He's good at getting open and finding shooting lanes, which is more than can be said for most of the guys out there.

I'd like to see Z, Dubi, and Korpi out together on the PP.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Absolutely not. It's that kind of short term thinking that got us in this mess in the first place

Closed Thread