HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What does everybody think of Muckler's job in Ottawa?

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM
rebedom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestoGuevara
Where do Smolinski, Varada and White fit in??? .
I would assume that if there are any more trades that one or more of these guys will be who goes from the Sens roster:
White - tries hard but is simply too small, did have a 60 point year.
Smolinski - consistent 40 point guy, doesn't really excel in any one area.
Langfeld - has the size and needs to use it more, needs to develop a mean streak.
Varada - fan and GM favourite, doesn't score enough, injury prone.
Schaefer - does everything that is asked of him, could score more, too small.

Old
08-22-2004, 02:06 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
So in your opinion, having 'only' 8 nhl defenseman doesn't constitute having proper depth?
What does it take, 9 or 10?
well like i said in a post a few back, i forgot about the todd simpson acquisition, which gave them 8 i believe, however i still think he could have added better quality of defense depth. sure pothier played well but i wouldn't have counted on it

Old
08-22-2004, 02:48 AM
MS

Some thoughts here:

- de Vries was very, very good in Colorado from 2000-2003. He might have struggled a bit after he was aquired last season, but he's only 31 and I would certainly expect a big rebound there. I don't really have a problem with that trade at all considering Rachunek was unhappy in Ottawa at the time.

- I give Muckler credit for at least trying different things and taking risks to try and take the team to the next level. Watching my team in Vancouver stagnate while management refuses to take any risks or deal any youth, or try anything new or different gives me a level of appreciation for this, even if some of the moves he's made haven't worked out. They didn't lose much with the Bondra deal and won't lose much if Hasek flops either.

- personally, if I were GM in Ottawa I would probably just have let Prusek and Emery battle it out for the #1 job, and if neither one showed anything by the all-star break made a move then (ie Kolzig). The Sens are something like 31-8 with those two guys in net over the past two seasons so I don't think it would have been a huge risk. If Hasek is mediocre during the regular season it puts Murray in a tough position.

Closed Thread