HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

72 hours is up

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
oiled

vCash: 500
72 hours is up

was this nedveds last chance to sign here???

Old
08-20-2004, 02:31 PM
hockeyaddict101

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiled
was this nedveds last chance to sign here???
There was no deadline.

Old
08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Joanie

It was assumed ( incorrectly it seems) that Lowe would get ink on Petr's contract before he left for Team Canada camp. I'm sure the deal can get done without him being in Edmonton.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:09 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Neither the agent or the team said that contract would be signed in 72 hours--just a few really bored posters and lazy reporters

prediction

next wednesday--a certain someone will come on this board and again say "Nedved to be signed in 72hours"--it is like clockwork---every week or two he posts that a friends of his who works for the oilers and he says---well--the two scouts I know have told me--they don't know and they have stopped caring about paying attention to any contract but the CBA

Old
08-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Elvis Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Neither the agent or the team said that contract would be signed in 72 hours--just a few really bored posters and lazy reporters

prediction

next wednesday--a certain someone will come on this board and again say "Nedved to be signed in 72hours"--it is like clockwork---every week or two he posts that a friends of his who works for the oilers and he says---well--the two scouts I know have told me--they don't know and they have stopped caring about paying attention to any contract but the CBA
Please provide the link or a quote from the story that said "a contract would be signed in 72 hours."

Old
08-21-2004, 04:39 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
one of the guys posted a sometime agolink--I never said or posted that he was about to be signed...I am the one that gets tired of the chicken little strories that keep coming out

BTW

I believe the link was to brownlee of the sun--I only glanced over the article

Old
08-22-2004, 12:52 AM
outKast*

Let's get a solid center via trade...

York, Bergeron, Tseliuk, 2nd

for

Bell, McCarty

We have a first line center an a top 4 with potential PP quarterback potential.

Old
08-22-2004, 12:53 AM
SerbianEagle

Thats an overpayment.

Mark Bell is 2nd line center. York is better for the Oilers than Bell would be.

Steve McCarthy a PPQB. We get rid of one in that deal,as MAB is a potential PPQB. McCarthy's best season had him score 7 pts.

In other words.

York >> Bell
Bergeron >> McCarthy

Tesliuk >> nothing

2nd round pick >> nothing

Above is based on Oilers style and their needs.

Last edited by SerbianEagle: 08-22-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old
08-22-2004, 12:59 AM
outKast*

Bell is a 6'3 center who has yet to break out. He was drafted 8th overall and has firt line center written all over him. We really don't need York. I would never trade Smyth and soon Torres will be outscoring York. I would not keep Yorkie to have him play on the fourth line. So why not make an extra asset a positive by adressing one of our weaknesses. Plus McCarthy will always be better than Bergeron. He will do everything MAB will do but is more complete. I think it's fair

York 2nd ---> Bell
MAB Tseliuk ---> McCarthy

Old
08-22-2004, 01:01 AM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle
Thats an overpayment.

Mark Bell is 2nd line center. York is better for the Oilers than Bell would be.

Steve McCarthy a PPQB. We get rid of one in that deal,as MAB is a potential PPQB. McCarthy's best season had him score 7 pts.

In other words.

York >> Bell
Bergeron >> McCarthy

Tesliuk >> nothing

2nd round pick >> nothing

Above is based on Oilers style and their needs.
Let me break it down for you if you don't want to understand...

Smyth ----> Will always be better for the Oilers than York. Is a leader and future captain. Still pretty young.

Torres ----> Will score the same amount as York. The difference is their style of play. i prefer Torres' style of play on the second line in the future rather than York. Plus York is undersized and not as phsyical. Torres has potential to be a powerforward. York will always be a finesse player. With a player like Hemsky and Schremp comming up who are both finnesse player and will be on our top six, why woujld we need a player liek York?

Moreau has a spot reserved for him on the third line
I would not put York on the fourth line. That is just ********.

Why pay York to play on our 4th line or force MacT to put Torres on the fourth line when we could have a player like Bell for an extra player?

Old
08-22-2004, 01:02 AM
SerbianEagle

I disagree. York will always have a place in the Oilers lineup, he can play all 3 forward positions, can play PP and can kill penalties. Bergeron has proven he can play at the NHL level, McCarthy hasn't. While McCarthy will probably be a solid dman, he'll be defensive defenseman.

Let Bell score 50 pts first, then we can hand him the #1C role.

Old
08-22-2004, 01:15 AM
outKast*

K first of all, Bell scored 21 goals on the 2nd line with zero supporting cast on a pitiful team like the Hawks. Imagine if he got first line minutes with player like Smyth, Hemsky or Dvorak. He would at least 5 more goals and 10 more assists alone. I would say he would have 60 points with those players. He's that good. He will always play in Tuomo Ruutu's shadow. I think he would love to take on a first line center role.

Old
08-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
K first of all, Bell scored 21 goals on the 2nd line with zero supporting cast on a pitiful team like the Hawks. Imagine if he got first line minutes with player like Smyth, Hemsky or Dvorak. He would at least 5 more goals and 10 more assists alone. I would say he would have 60 points with those players. He's that good. He will always play in Tuomo Ruutu's shadow. I think he would love to take on a first line center role.
Don't think so. Remember people don't think much of Smyth and don't think Smyth's a good player. He's been called a grinder. How can a grinder make Bell better? Not a chance.

08-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
Let's get a solid center via trade...

York, Bergeron, Tseliuk, 2nd

for

Bell, McCarty

We have a first line center an a top 4 with potential PP quarterback potential.

definite over-payment. York was our clear-cut MVP until he got injured. Bergeron will be a good PP QB really soon. Roman Tseliuk = pretty good prospect, will only get better. 2nd round pick = can net a pretty good prospect.

this makes no sense for the Oilers. York is a great versaitle forward, can play any forward position + the point on the PP & can kill penalties....why do we need a player like York? because he was our MVP til he got injured, my question is, could we do without York. I personally don't think so.

Closed Thread