HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: BJ Penn releases "grease gate" video regarding GSP on his site

Old
02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
IF you watch Bjs video , GSP is known to be a greaser , its not like this is the only time and whats with hiding the vaseline jar if its just for his face ..i think after witnessing that video that GSP should be stripped of his title !!
BJ was dominated, from beginning to end, simple and clear.
If you see all of those videos, GSP is in BJ's guard. Once GSP was able to bring BJ down, he continuously did it. BJ is known to have great balance and tough to bring down, so if GSP had vaseline all over him, it would be harder to bring him down.
Once he's down on top of BJ, you can see how the back of GSP is almost twice as wide as BJ, so trying to lock him up with your feet is going to be really tough.

Hughes has always been a sour loser, and he was very one dimensional, he can whine all he want, there's no way he was going to win a rematch. The reason he wasn't able to bring GSP down had nothing to do with GSP possibly being greased up. It had to do with the great balance and strength GSP has.
Hughes even blamed the balls's shots he received during their rematch. Yeaa...okayyy
Hughes wasn't able to bring Thiago Alves down either..was he greased up?.

As for Sherk, I mean..come on..It's Shawn the queer muscle Sherk..He literally and figuratively sucks. He said it himself, and you can clearly see it. GSP's sprawl was just great. Grease had nothing to do with it.

GSP is not known to be a greaser, so stop making ridiculous assmptions to start with.
GSP is known to have DOMINATED his opponents.
Vaseline doesn't make you quicker, doesn't make you stronger, don't make you bigger, doesn't make you develop better grappling, wrestling and striking.
Vaseline didn't impact the fight in any way and even Dana White admitted that.

That being said, if truly, GSP was greased up to the point of it having an impact on the fight (which it didn't), the fight would be considered a NO CONTEST.
Stripping his title away would only happen if there was proof GSP purposely cheated.

This is ridiculous, and GSP would give BJ a rematch I'm sure. Dana said he wasn't too for it though and I don't really think BJ would want one either. He got destroyed, he knows it, and now he's just complaining.
Note that BJ has not asked for a rematch, which says a lot.

PS: I love BJ, he's actually one of my best fighters, if not my favorite one. But this is ridiculous and the little vaseline has very little impact on the outcome. BJ was used as a punching bag, Vaseline isn't steroids.

Last edited by Majik1987: 02-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 08:45 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

BJ is a *****

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
MaKi

Quote:
At least GSP can add another sponsor Vaseline ."When it comes to an important fight , i only grease up with Vaseline ..guarenteed to help you avoid those nasty submissions ..i owe it all to vaseline ..ime GSP and i cheat with Vaseline !!!!"
Buddy give it a rest.
Your thing for Penn is a little bit nauseating, maybe it has something to do with his name being BJ.

Did the Vaseline create an invisible force field blocking punches too?

If Vaseline can help COMPLETELY DOMINATE an opponent in that fashion then the Habs better start ordering it by the gallon for the stretch drive and playoffs.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
GSP should accept a 3rd bout against BJ send him to the hospital and quit the UFC just after the fight and throw away his belt to Dana.

Dana White is such a tool and don't deserves to have a superstar like Georges.

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
BJ is known for his submissions and you can see plain as day his leg and arms are continually slipping off GSP body .If you watch the complete video as i stated above OTHER fighters have complained about GSP feeling oiley and greasy .Why wouldnt BJ use the video to complain , especially when its so obvious that he is cheating .GSP will be the one making excuses when he has a super fight with Anderson Silva IF he can slip (get it :-) ) by Thiago Alves who will defintely test GSPs suspect chin .
Other fighters only open there mouth now that BJ Penn *****es like a 2nd grade girl.

If the other fighters had any thought of GSP greasing, they should have opend their mouth after their fight, not months and years later.

GSP kicked BJ Penn's ass two times, and he will do it a third.
In 7 rounds against each other, BJ won one...GSP has won the last 6 and most of them, if not all, in convincing fasion.

As for a fight against Anderson Silva. GSP is not ready for that yet, Silva would eat him alive.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
BJ was dominated, from beginning to end, simple and clear.
If you see all of those videos, GSP is in BJ's guard. Once GSP was able to bring BJ down, he continuously did it. BJ is known to have great balance and tough to bring down, so if GSP had vaseline all over him, it would be harder to bring him down.
Once he's down on top of BJ, you can see how the back of GSP is almost twice as wide as BJ, so trying to lock him up with your feet is going to be really tough.

Hughes has always been a sour loser, and he was very one dimensional, he can whine all he want, there's no way he was going to win a rematch. The reason he wasn't able to bring GSP down had nothing to do with GSP possibly being greased up. It had to do with the great balance and strength GSP has.
Hughes even blamed the balls's shots he received during their rematch. Yeaa...okayyy
Hughes wasn't able to bring Thiago Alves down either..was he greased up?.

As for Sherk, I mean..come on..It's Shawn the queer muscle Sherk..He literally and figuratively sucks. He said it himself, and you can clearly see it. GSP's sprawl was just great. Grease had nothing to do with it.

GSP is not known to be a greaser, so stop making ridiculous assmptions to start with.
GSP is known to have DOMINATED his opponents.
Vaseline doesn't make you quicker, doesn't make you stronger, don't make you bigger, doesn't make you develop better grappling, wrestling and striking.
Vaseline didn't impact the fight in any way and even Dana White admitted that.

That being said, if truly, GSP was greased up to the point of it having an impact on the fight (which it didn't), the fight would be considered a NO CONTEST.
Stripping his title away would only happen if there was proof GSP purposely cheated.

This is ridiculous, and GSP would give BJ a rematch I'm sure. Dana said he wasn't too for it though and I don't really think BJ would want one either. He got destroyed, he knows it, and now he's just complaining.
Note that BJ has not asked for a rematch, which says a lot.

PS: I love BJ, he's actually one of my best fighters, if not my favorite one. But this is ridiculous and the little vaseline has very little impact on the outcome. BJ was used as a punching bag, Vaseline isn't steroids.
I agree. As much as Maurice Richard is just trolling, I'll add on. If you look at the Hughes fights, Hughes never had any type of hold on him where you can see him slipping. With the Penn fight, it had to do with posturing and Penn being tired like always. I really thought he would come into this fight with better cardio than he had. GSP did a good job tiring him out in the first round and he looked tired from there on out. One thing I don't understand is that if GSP was so greasy how come Penn couldn't slide out and pop back up? Also, how come the two guys that grappled the most with him recently didn't complain (Kos and Fitch)? I've heard the complaints come out of the wood works, I honestly think that GSP could fight Miller, Sherk, Serra, Hughes, and Penn in consecutive PPV's and give them all the beatings of their life. Be careful what you wish for boys!!!

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Habs

I don't think GSP needed to do anything like that to win, but it still bothers me his corner clearly greased him down. It makes me mad when I watch him rub his chest and back, with the vaseline on.

They wiped him down twice, it wasn't a factor, but it still was a silly thing to do from his corner.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Other fighters only open there mouth now that BJ Penn *****es like a 2nd grade girl.

If the other fighters had any thought of GSP greasing, they should have opend their mouth after their fight, not months and years later.

GSP kicked BJ Penn's ass two times, and he will do it a third.
In 7 rounds against each other, BJ won one...GSP has won the last 6 and most of them, if not all, in convincing fasion.

As for a fight against Anderson Silva. GSP is not ready for that yet, Silva would eat him alive.
Hmm...I would love to see GSP vs. Silva. I think GSP is the second best pound4pound fighter in MMA after Fedor. Depending on the weight, I think GSP would win.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Hmm...I would love to see GSP vs. Silva. I think GSP is the second best pound4pound fighter in MMA after Fedor. Depending on the weight, I think GSP would win.
Silva's prime weight is Middleweight, I seriously doubt GSP would beat Silva there.

Silva looked a bit sloppy I found in the Coté fight before the injury happened. But if I don't think he'd come out sloppy in vs GSP.
I'm not ruling out a GSP victory, but I wouldn't favor him.

That being said, whomever would win, I'm sure he'd be a great fighter.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 04:26 AM
OneSharpMarble

BJ Penn is a joke, GSP shouldn't even waste his time. Or better yet drop down a weight class and take his title.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:53 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Silva is still ahead of GSP in my pov.
Not by much, but I dont think GSP is ready for it yet. Its not easy moving up a class wheight to take on the champion. especially when that champion is the spider.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Silva is still ahead of GSP in my pov.
Not by much, but I dont think GSP is ready for it yet. Its not easy moving up a class wheight to take on the champion. especially when that champion is the spider.
Agreed. This fight never makes for GSP at all. Even if it's a catchweight it still favors Silva. He's a big MW, he'd be huge at 180 or 177 or whatever weight. I know the additional cut will hurt but Anderson will always have a size advantage on GSP.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
otto bond

Being grease up could work against you could it? If all your shoulders are grease up then it carries over to the other guy via contact in result giving you 2 grease up fighter. They all do it to some extant if you ask me.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
TonyTinglebone

Wonder if Dana *****ing about this affects GSP re-signing with UFC after his contract is up?

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
Wonder if Dana *****ing about this affects GSP re-signing with UFC after his contract is up?
GSP must have just signed because he made more than double his previous fight in the fight with Penn. He took home 400K and I heard he gets a cut of PPV's. In his fight against Fitch he took home 140K plus fight of the night which was probably 50K.

Also, the UFC has an auto-renew contract for champions so that champs cannot walk away to rival promotions ala BJ Penn.

I think Dana will never be buddy buddy with GSP, but he knows where the money comes from and as long as GSP draws he'll do what he has to in order to keep him. I think that GSP has 2 of the top 5 draws for the UFC (Gate). You can't argue that...GSP also wants to be in the UFC.

Old
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Habs

Quote:
He's the biggest PPV draw the UFC has, along with Lesnar. He isn't going anywhere.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
GSP must have just signed because he made more than double his previous fight in the fight with Penn. He took home 400K and I heard he gets a cut of PPV's. In his fight against Fitch he took home 140K plus fight of the night which was probably 50K.

Also, the UFC has an auto-renew contract for champions so that champs cannot walk away to rival promotions ala BJ Penn.

I think Dana will never be buddy buddy with GSP, but he knows where the money comes from and as long as GSP draws he'll do what he has to in order to keep him. I think that GSP has 2 of the top 5 draws for the UFC (Gate). You can't argue that...GSP also wants to be in the UFC.
Was unaware of the champion clause, but I believe GSP has 4 or 5 fights left on his current contract. He has always been a company man and Dana always used to love him, but with Dana almost discreditting his win against BJ (and everyone knows Dana will do everything to please BJ so that he doesn't leave again) could this leave a sour taste in GSP's mouth and maybe he goes looking for other fights? After Alves he really has nobody left to fight in WW division of UFC.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Was unaware of the champion clause, but I believe GSP has 4 or 5 fights left on his current contract. He has always been a company man and Dana always used to love him, but with Dana almost discreditting his win against BJ (and everyone knows Dana will do everything to please BJ so that he doesn't leave again) could this leave a sour taste in GSP's mouth and maybe he goes looking for other fights? After Alves he really has nobody left to fight in WW division of UFC.
I hear ya. I heard that the contract was the reason why he delayed the Penn fight. He wanted to get paid for that fight and get paid he did. I think Dana will always love BJ, not sure why as Penn has left him hanging a number of times and made him look bad a lot. Not to mention every time he loses he has an excuse thereby discrediting every fighter that's ever beaten him. GSP has been a total company guy and Dana had to take the stance he did for the company. Actually wait, he didn't even strip the title from Sherk until a while after he got the positive test. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Old
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Namso

I'd be surprised if GSP left, most of the top welterweights are in UFC, so it doesnt really make sense.

If he was a heavyweight, then it would make sense since the best HW are not in UFC, but for WW, UFC is probably the best place.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote