HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jean Perron on "Tout le monde en parle"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
  #201
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
That is the key here that everybody is sidestepping: it's not our business.

The cops, who charge people with crimes, had no problem picking up Lafleur and cuffing him. He was charged with lying under oath in court. They arrested him based on the suspicion of this crime.

The cops are the ones that provided the tapes to somebody with LaPresse. The cops said there was nothing there worth pursuing. The paper disagreed and distributed among the media the content of their story prior to having it looked over by their lawyers. LaPresse HAD to trim their story and take out the elements that their lawyer told them they could not publish.

Do you know why they couldn't publish those things? Because it is illegal to do so. If the cops aren't pursuing it then it has no place as public knowledge. If there is no proof to support the allegations they would have published then they would have been left open to so many lawsuits they would have folded as a paper.

Marinaro today said it is common knowledge among the media what the content was of the "scoop". The way he said it led me to believe that it was no big deal one way or the other. If there was sexual aggression or serious drugs involved we would have had definite proof by now not innuendo and bogus claims of "holding back" info.

just like lafleur opened his piehole in the kovy situation wouldn't it have been ironic if gianey had gone public and talked about how bad of a parent and role model Guy's become?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
  #202
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
Well you don't make sense yourself too. The problem here is not only the "partying" issue like said many many times before. The problem is that there were things way worse than this that still has to be told to the public. Nobody would make a big deal of some rookies players going out sometimes to drink, you realize this?
I don't make much sense?..hmm okay..

Perron came out on 110% and precisely named S.Kost/Higgins/Price, and said they partied too much. He blamed the partying for their bad play as of late. He even went as far as saying Price looked drunk vs EDM.

When he said that on 110%, nobody was talking about bigger things being involved.
1-2 days later, they came out with the ''players know mob related guy'' story, which was a complete joke.

I think you're confused, and I can't blame you because the past week was completely ridiculous.

I think the ''things way worse than partying'' that you refer too, was these allegations that habs players might be associated to a mob related man.
In good old Montreal fashion, the ''experts'' and ''journalists'' got carried away, and made claims of inconceivable things concerning our players that could yet be made public.
The next day, La Presse publishes a ridiculous article saying the Kost Broz and Hamrlik know a man linked to organized crime.

I'm pretty sure Perron, Demers, Bergeron, etc..were all talking about that. I think they believed it our players could possibly be linked to organized crime themselves, but that was proven to be a wrong assumption.

I don't think there's anything we don't know.

Even if they take coke, it's irrelevant. Doctors and Lawyers are knows to sniff a little white powder as well, but they do it cuz it helps them focus. It's not for nothing they call if the rich men's drug.

I've done my fair share of partying, and tried cocaine a couple times. You can do some and function without any problem the next day, and I say this off personal experience.
So all these ''scoops'' are crap. The biggest proof is that this always magically comes out when we're in a big losing streak.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
  #203
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
But who's to say it does? Because A LOT of players are playing badly, not just the ones acused of partying. And some of the guys who DO party a ton, are playing well. I mean Lapierre has been one of our better players as of late, and he's one of the most NOTORIOUS for partying on this team (though, curiously, he was left out of Perron's cursade).
Like Perron explained, the problem is not that they party or drink : The problem being that it affects their performance on ice. Carbo was also known to party too when he was playing. Though, he was at this best for the games. If Lapierre parties as much as you claim, then maybe he's like Carbo was : he's ready when he has to play and perform. Maybe that would be the reason why Perron didn't mention him if it's actually true what you're claiming.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
  #204
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
Like Perron explained, the problem is not that they party or drink : The problem being that it affects their performance on ice. Carbo was also known to party too when he was playing. Though, he was at this best for the games. If Lapierre parties as much as you claim, then maybe he's like Carbo was : he's ready when he has to play and perform. Maybe that would be the reason why Perron didn't mention him if it's actually true what you're claiming.
There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that the slump was due to some players partying.
Price had a bad slump last year too and Roy said it, his biggest problem as a youngster will be consistency.
Plekanec is probably our player that has struggled the most since the season opener, yet he wasn't named.
There was a lot of problems with this team. Players partying is a weak ass excuse and I simply don't buy it as a true reason for the slump.

NYR are going through what we are, except even a little worse, yet nobody is bringing up ridiculous scandals.

This drama is truly a Montreal Canadiens's signature.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
  #205
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that the slump was due to some players partying.
Price had a bad slump last year too and Roy said it, his biggest problem as a youngster will be consistency.
Plekanec is probably our player that has struggled the most since the season opener, yet he wasn't named.
There was a lot of problems with this team. Players partying is a weak ass excuse and I simply don't buy it as a true reason for the slump.

NYR are going through what we are, except even a little worse, yet nobody is bringing up ridiculous scandals.

This drama is truly a Montreal Canadiens's signature.
That's true. Though, Perron claims he has proofs the players party too much and he associates it with the the team being on a slump.

If it's true that they really party too much, he may have a point because it's well known that alchool (or drugs) do not help to perform, at least, in most cases.

Now, I agree it would be crazy to blame all the team problems on this...

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
  #206
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
That's true. Though, Perron claims he has proofs the players party too much and he associates it with the the team being on a slump.

If it's true that they really party too much, he may have a point because it's well known that alchool (or drugs) do not help to perform, at least, in most cases.

Now, I agree it would be crazy to blame all the team problems on this...
Jean Perron was a strict coach, and he's 62. What is ''too much'' partying for him?..

Not only that, but instead of saying he has proof but not revealing anything, maybe he should make it public. If he doesn't want to come forth with it, then he should just shut up.

I can make all sorts of claims too, but unless I can back them up it's useless and stupid.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.