HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit - Ott

Old
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
SkullSplitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Terrible deal. Seriously. Heatley is way better than the alternative.

Try Heatley for Malkin flat out, but even then, if I was Murray, I wouldn't accept it since, Ottawa doesn't need an elite center. We have that.
Hahahahahahah

you're funny

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
Hahahahahahah

you're funny
And you're confused. Seriously.

The reality is Dany Heatley is one of the top wingers in the game. Scoring centers are pretty common, how many 50 goal scorers do you know? Since the lockout, he had 140 goals going into this year. It's true he's having a bad year, but he's still one of the Premier scorers in the NHL.

Pittsburg and Ottawa do not make good trading partners.
1) They're both in the Eastern Conference
2) Ottawa has what Pittsburg needs, but not the reverse (Jason Spezza is a #1 center, and an elite one at that, despite his not being the caliber of Crosby/Malkin)
3) Heatley is in his prime and locked up long-term with a NTC at a affordable salary.

Really - I can't see the Senators trading Heatley for anybody. I don't think there's a single player in the game today that, if Murray received a fax on his desk, in a straight 1 for 1 swap, he would take it.

Some players are untouchable, by virtue of being the face of the franchise and/or their relative skill levels. Heatley, in my opinion, is one of those players.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
miser

Maybe for Spezza. Definite no for Heatley.

miser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by miser View Post
Maybe for Spezza. Definite no for Heatley.
Trading for Spezza would make no sense to Pittsburg, which reaffirms why I think these two teams make terrible trading partners in the first place.

Old
02-23-2009, 08:13 PM
AK

Quote:
Puke.

That's exactly why I wouldn't want Heatley.
Agreed, but I'm tempted because he is the winger I'd want for Crosby.

Quote:

Try Heatley for Malkin flat out, but even then, if I was Murray, I wouldn't accept it since, Ottawa doesn't need an elite center. We have that.
Add Spezza, Karlsson, and your 1st this year, then sure.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsyuk View Post
Did you misspell your username on purpose?
nope, half the people on this board think its "Jonathon Tavaras"

we need to find a way to link drivers licenses to forum logins.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
HSF

Quote:

The reality is Dany Heatley is one of the top wingers in the game. Scoring centers are pretty common, how many 50 goal scorers do you know? Since the lockout, he had 140 goals going into this year. It's true he's having a bad year, but he's still one of the Premier scorers in the NHL.

2) Ottawa has what Pittsburg needs, but not the reverse (Jason Spezza is a #1 center, and an elite one at that, despite his not being the caliber of Crosby/Malkin)
3) Heatley is in his prime and locked up long-term with a NTC at a affordable salary.

Really - I can't see the Senators trading Heatley for anybody. I don't think there's a single player in the game today that, if Murray received a fax on his desk, in a straight 1 for 1 swap, he would take it.

Some players are untouchable, by virtue of being the face of the franchise and/or their relative skill levels. Heatley, in my opinion, is one of those players.

pshhttt he is on pace for 41 freaken goals on a craptastic non scoring Ottawa team

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
SkullSplitter

Quote:

Dany Heatley is an incredible winger. . . but saying Sens wouldn't want Malkin because they have Spezza?

Not that the Pens would trade Malkin for Heatley, that'd be silly. Malkin's the best player in the world.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
HSF

Quote:
Hahahahahahah

you're funny
i know eh then the Sens becomes the Penguins, two great centers but no winger

Old
02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
HSF

Quote:
Dany Heatley is an incredible winger. . . but saying Sens wouldn't want Malkin because they have Spezza?

Not that the Pens would trade Malkin for Heatley, that'd be silly. Malkin's the best player in the world.

Personally from an Ottawa Standpoint why the Hell do we want to have two elite centers?

then what we play Neil on the wing?

Rather keep canada's best sniper

add to that Malkin doesnt even know what playing defense is :p

i would take Crosby or Ovy waaayyy before Malkin

and yes anyone would take Malkin over Heatley, but it is stupid to even think about it ok? Since it makes no sense for Ottawa

Old
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Add Spezza, Karlsson, and your 1st this year, then sure.
Not at all.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post

Personally from an Ottawa Standpoint why the Hell do we want to have two elite centers?

and yes anyone would take Malkin over Heatley, but it is stupid to even think about it ok? Since it makes no sense for Ottawa
You obviously don't watch Malkin enough if you think he plays no defense.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
I see Heatley is in this trade. Must be a bad night for your team. HE'S NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!

LOL just because you put heatley in this...NO ...EVEN WORSE IS THAT YOUR ALL THINKING THE SAME AS THIS GUY...

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:17 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Not at all.
So then, no deal?

That's cool too. In fact, even better.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
SteelGeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
I see Heatley is in this trade. Must be a bad night for your team. HE'S NOT LEAVING OTTAWA!

LOL just because you put heatley in this...NO ...EVEN WORSE IS THAT YOUR ALL THINKING THE SAME AS THIS GUY...
He left Atlanta......

SteelGeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:

Either watch a Pens game once in a while, or don't exaggerate a statement just to make your point. Malkin is quite a good defender.

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I don't even want Heatley. Its enough of a challenge finding four wingers for Crosby and Malkin on their salaries. Wouldn't want to be at pains to have a credible team because three forwards are making 25 million a year.

Heatley is awesome for sure, but even apart from the salary problems, he would always command an overpayment we couldn't pay if we wanted to. A bit like no-one can pry Malkin away from us and come off better for it.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
I don't even want Heatley. Its enough of a challenge finding four wingers for Crosby and Malkin on their salaries. Wouldn't want to be at pains to have a credible team because three forwards are making 25 million a year.

Heatley is awesome for sure, but even apart from the salary problems, he would always command an overpayment we couldn't pay if we wanted to. A bit like no-one can pry Malkin away from us and come off better for it.

This is my point.

If the Pens really wanted to get Heatley, it would cost them a premier player. Not prospects, not okay players, elite players.

Malkin's having 1 great year, and is probably a franchise center (I'm still not sure he's Crosby / Ovechkin, but he's definitely good).

If the Pens really wanted one of the top snipers, they'd need to make the deal attractive. That would involve trading Malkin - which, again, because the Sens have Spezza is pointless to the Sens.

As to the guy who commented on adding Karlsson, Spezza and a 1st - lol. You can always tell the Pens fans.

Old
02-24-2009, 07:22 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post

and this is why we dont want Malkin, also the fact that his cap hit is high so it is like cap death

Old
02-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Volt

vCash: 283
This trade sucks for Ottawa. Its not even close to being what Heatley is worth. People forget that you need to give alot to get back real quality players unless ur delivering a quality player back in return.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
and this is why we dont want Malkin, also the fact that his cap hit is high so it is like cap death
Cool. The more people who don't fantasize about Malkin on their team, the less times we have to see and react to proposals about it .

As for his cap-hit being like cap-death.... For me its hard to envision an NHL team spending 8.7 million better on guys not on entry contracts, but if you think Heatley at 7.5 brings more bang for the buck - more power to you!

Ultimately the keys to succes for both teams are still the same - and its not the top end guys who are the problems going forward. Its what kind of quality the GM's surround those guys with (and for what money), whether they hang on to/deal the right players and how well they draft.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:40 AM
azntam

Quote:

WHAT?! just cz malkin is elite and scores at a pace that no one else is at does not mean he doesnt play defense.

Watch some pens games, he knows that defense is important to winning and he backchecks as hard as anybody on that team.

I think a deal involving vermette and whitney would be more plausible than the original trade

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

Quote:

Yikes, I'm an Ottawa fan and I would pull the trigger on the above deal in a heartbeat! Malkin has franchise written all over him. Healtey just has fran.

The Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieOglethorpe View Post
Yikes, I'm an Ottawa fan and I would pull the trigger on the above deal in a heartbeat! Malkin has franchise written all over him. Healtey just has fran.
Then you're confused.

Compare the number of elite wingers in the game (Iginla, Kovulchuk, Heatley, Nash, Zetterberg, Gaborik?) to the number of elite centers (Malkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Spezza, Staal, Thorton, Savard, etc.)

Even if your center drops from 120-100 points, it's easier to find a 100 pt center than a 100 pt winger.

Old
02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

Quote:
Then you're confused.

Compare the number of elite wingers in the game (Iginla, Kovulchuk, Heatley, Nash, Zetterberg, Gaborik?) to the number of elite centers (Malkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Spezza, Staal, Thorton, Savard, etc.)

Even if your center drops from 120-100 points, it's easier to find a 100 pt center than a 100 pt winger.
Nope, not confused. Sorry, I just find Heatley to be more of a 1 dimensional player in comparison to Malkin. He's weak on his skates, he's not even remotely physical, and his vision pales in comparison to Malkin's. Malkin can snipe, set a player up, deliver a solid check, and streak up and down the ice. Heatley will just find a soft spot to unleash laser beams.

The Flower is offline   Reply With Quote